Welcome to Gaia! ::

Zoo of Gaia

User Image

All around the world animals exist visibile or hiding, rare or common, beautiful or ... not so beautiful. But with careful handling and precise methods these animals can all be clustered together to live in sight of your very own eyes. Large habitats are created to replicate the animals natural environment, studies are undergone so that the diet is duplicated as well. All sorts of creatures can be found in these 'Zoos', from the common bird to the rare Tapir.

Zoo Map:
[1] - Brochure (information)
[2] - Story/ RP
[3] - Rules/FAQ
[4] - Stages
[5] - Events (includes Sales and News)
[6] - Owners list (if the shop swims, nothing if it sinks)
[7] - Pick up (here fishy fishy, swim for me)
[8] - Lists (just keep swimming just keep swimming)
[9] - nadda (nothing)
Story

User Image

A young gaian researcher adventured all around the world, taking from each place she visited the knowledge of new animals and their environments. After years of traveling she felt home sick and returned to her beloved house in gaia, carrying bags filled with pages of notes on each animal she saw. As she reached her mail box it was empty, except for a single white envelope. As she opened it a small letter in business format appeared, and read as the following:

Dear Miss,

During your travels your dear old grandfather passed on. You being the only benefactor still alive you're left with many acres of unfarmed land, please find a good use for such land.

Sincerely,
The gaian lawyer committee

After reading the letter the young researcher's eyes wandered towards the massive pages of notes, and she remembered the conditions of the animals she visited. But this was a year ago, and to date she did find a way to use the land given to her by her grandfather. To date a small structure stands on the acres of land, along with massive exhibits, beginning to be filled by new speices of animals, never before seen in gaia. People have begun to flock into the area, to observe and learn about such amazing beasts. Some have fur other's with feathers, large and small alike live peacefully and happily as their watched on by fellow gaians. However gold was needed to maintain the wonderful exhibits and this is where those wonderful gaian's chipped in, helping to pay for feed and maintenance and in return the young researcher made plans for the generous gaian's to sponser and visit their animal friends. As for the young researcher she's now head of this facility known only as, The Zoo of Gaia.

Written by Cutting Containment [Thank you so much! <3]
Rules

Obey rules or you have to clean the Elephant pen. domokun

arrow Don't steal my artwork or concept/idea. I worked hard on these pictures (kind of) and the idea is also all my own, so please odn't go make a zoo or something similar yourself.

arrow Be nice. If you think I suck atleast be subtle about it. Be nice to everyone else aswell, it makes everyone happier all around. ^_^

arrow Please type like this. I can't read Chatspeak, l33t, or excessive abreviations. I'm sorry, but it really isn't to hard to just type it out, if you don't know how to spell something you can always use www.dictionary.com.

FAQ

question So what exactly do you plan to do with the ZoG?
arrow I intend to consistently draw up real animals and place them in the Zoo. Once they arrive they will be 'sponsered'.

question What's sponsering?
arrow My nifty Zoo term for buying. These animals can be sold in Flatsales, Raffled off, or even Auctioned. It all depends on their rarity.

question So if I wanted a parrot it would be sold in a flatsale, but something on the endangered species list would probably end up in an auction?
arrow Yes. That is correct.

question How much will these cost?
arrow Well, I'm planning on setting the Flatsale price at 3k. Familiars will likely be 2k.

question Will I be able to get a green penguin?
arrow Currently I believe I'll only color them realistically. Though I might change my mind later on.

question Will I need to RP these?
arrow Yes, but not very much. I'll have options for you.

question Such as..?
arrow Such as being more journal oriented instead. I'm planning on issueing journals, so that way each different species can change and the such in his own exhibit instead of in a mixed up mesh of monkies and birds. If you post atleast once a week in your journal you will be fine. Or you could post a few times in your journal, and RP mainly in the shop itself. As long as you RP atleast once a week you're perfectly fine. ^_^

Any more questions? Ask me in the thread! ^_^
Stages

Your Zoo animal will just about always start off as a baby. Babies usually behave the same. Born blind they'll have their sight by the time they are ready to be sponsered. Spending most of their time sleeping they will be drowsy and simple at first, following a routine of eat, drink, poop, sleep, repeat. But after not too long they will begin to sleep less and explore more. This is when they need to be carefully watched. Who can begin to list the mischief a young animal can get into.
[Stage will usually last two to three weeks, maybe less if Rped constantly.]

Leaving behind the playfulness of youth (though for many that never happens) an adult will be more prone to napping occasionally and breeding than staring up at the visiting crowds. Now they can be expected to swipe at their handlers when moody and being fed. More caution should be exercized with large adults, as they can now do serious harm whether they mean to or not.

Familiars

No Zoo is complete without one of its most thrilling and awe-inspiring exhibits, the Petting Zoo. Never does the adrenaline flow as gleefully as when you're chasing around a goat or duck with a brush and bag of seeds.
Friendly to just about every animal they meet, the Petting Zoo animals bond readily with their Zoo fellows. Just be careful you don't leave the gate open, the lions aren't always fed on time.
Events

Events will include upcoming/current raffles, auctions, and flatsales.
Also a timeline will be up.

11.10.05:: interest thread made x3

See the informative exmple above? Clever I know.

Dung duty for the rest of forever

Being on this working chart is a bad thing. Dung Duty is what many people refer to as the Black List. It seems silly, but behave and you can play in the Petting Zoo, be bad and you get the dirty jobs.
[Do not post in any ZoG threads if you are put on the Dung List, if you own any ZoG animals they will be kept and you will not be refunded.]

Dung Duty for this millenium:

Smell that invigorating orangy fresh clean smell. No wonder everything is upwind of the Elephants.

This will be the last post for the Interest Thread

Feel free to post now.

Any animals you'd like to see in the Zoo of Gaia?

Go ahead and post yours if it isn't on here!

:: Penguin (just need to clean them up some)
:: Spider Monkey
:: Polar Bear
:: Turkey (Petting Zoo)
:: other type of bear?
:: African Lion
:: Hyena
:: red panda
:: Panda
:: Zebra
:: Goat (petting Zoo)
:: lots of colorful birds
:: Sheep (petting zoo)
:: Timber Wolf
:: Fenic Fox
:: Cheetah
:: Leopard
:: Jaguar
:: wild horses (there are horses in my Zoo x3)
:: White Tailed Deer
:: Coyote
:: Kangaroo
:: Llama (petting zoo)
:: Caribo
:: Moose
:: Giraffe
:: Rino
:: Siberian Tiger
:: Panther
:: Chimp
:: Flamigo
:: Arctic Wolf
:: Otter
:: Manatee
:: Mountain Lion
:: Peacock
:: Snakes
:: Arctic Fox
:: Porcupine
:: Red Fox
:: Snow Leopard
:: Rabbit
:: Skunk
:: Clouded Leopard
:: Arctic Seal
:: Fairy Tern
:: Kangaroo Rat
:: Meerkat

Banner to this Interest Thread

One so far..

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10893893][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/Raill/zogbanner.jpg[/img][/url]
[Sorry its so big]

Future Mailing List?

Kytora
AndyPandi
Cutting Containment
Zarkis
Cirisse
Koshiba
Shippo FAN
I've decided I'll probably need help running this shop. xD

So I'm going to look for a certist and a Roleplay manager.

Certists

If you are willing to cert for me, understand that my computer won't allow me to cert anything, and unless I get a laptop for christmas that isn't likely to change. So you'd have to cert everything. Being as that would rather suck I'll pay you 250g from every cert to make it more bearable. Being as you'll cert two stages for every animal you'll be making 500g per animal, which can really add up.

I'm only looking for one certist. You can make the cert look like anything you want, but I do tend like safarish, habitat reflecting certs more. I can live with just one type of cert though rather easily. ^_^

If you'd like to try making a cert you can cert either of these three below, and use the following information somewhere: Zoo of Gaia, name, owner, and species.

Animals to cert:

Baby Penguin
Sketchy adult Penguin
Siberian Tiger Base

Rp Manager

Since I'll be drawing a lot I would love to have someone keep the owners involved with their animals. Exciting and fun RP events and plots would be wonderful. I'll be looking for someone who has the time to be involved, who can think up ideas for RPing and not just draw uninventive blanks. This person will likely get an animal for themselves so they can atleast participate in one RP fully.

I'd like a sample of your Rping abilities, just so I know you don't Rp in a manner that is confusing for other people to read. A few ideas for RP would really be nice as well. Please dont copy someone else's ideas, if you had the same idea as someone else you can add that in, but also think of another one.

That's all for now, being as I have to leave.

Ramblings
I'm going to start drawing up more animals. I thinkI'll do the first familiar be a Goat from the Petting Zoo. I'll try to make a Penguin adult, and maybe do gender poses.

Then I'll shift my attention to...polar bears and Spider Monkeys.
I'll make pictures for banners aswell. Any thoughts on things? Any ideas for the shop?

I think I'll add in a few NPCs. A crotchety old janitor, and maybe a vet or researcher or something. 3nodding
This seems to be a very good idea, I honestly haven't seen a zoo in gaia before, I'd be lurking this shop for like every day.. heart

Some Idea's for animals:

-caribou
-Moose
-giraffe

and maybe some

-Rinos

(Alright I think those are all my ideas currently, I hope this shop goes up, I'm a animal nut. ^^)
A young gaian researcher adventured all around the world, taking from each place she visited the knowledge of new animals and their environments. After years of traveling she felt home sick and returned to her beloved house in gaia, carrying bags filled with pages of notes on each animal she saw. As she reached her mail box it was empty, except for a single white envelope. As she opened it a small letter in business format appeared, and read as the following:

Dear Miss,

During your travels your dear old grandfather passed on. You being the only benefactor still alive you're left with many acres of unfarmed land, please find a good use for such land.

Sincerely,
The gaian lawyer committee

After reading the letter the young researcher's eyes wandered towards the massive pages of notes, and she remembered the conditions of the animals she visited. But this was a year ago, and to date she did find a way to use the land given to her by her grandfather. To date a small structure stands on the acres of land, along with massive exhibits, beginning to be filled by new speices of animals, never before seen in gaia. People have begun to flock into the area, to observe and learn about such amazing beasts. Some have fur other's with feathers, large and small alike live peacefully and happily as their watched on by fellow gaians. However gold was needed to maintain the wonderful exhibits and this is where those wonderful gaian's chipped in, helping to pay for feed and maintenance and in return the young researcher made plans for the generous gaian's to sponser and visit their animal friends. As for the young researcher she's now head of this facility known only as, The Zoo of Gaia.

(I was bored so I wrote a small story for this zoo if you'd like to use it. ^^ Hope you like it.)

Dangerous Werewolf

7,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Like the idea Fure.....

Some more animals that can be added....

-Siberan Tigers
-Panthers
-Chimps
-flamigos (sp?)
-Artic Wolves.
-Giraffes
-otters

.......I spent alot of time at the zoo when i was younger.
sweatdrop 3nodding
It all sounds great, especially the story. ::updates::
Love this idea.

Oh yeah, definitely tigers. *nods*

Hey, if you get a mailing list, add me, okay? Thankies.
The colors are off (because this is a different penguin, oh so different looking I know xD) but I think this will be the adult penguin. I'm not sure about the beak though...

Baby: User Image
Adult: User Image
Cutting Containment
[-story snip-]

(I was bored so I wrote a small story for this zoo if you'd like to use it. ^^ Hope you like it.)
I loved it. If you ever want an animal just let me know. ^_^
Very cool,

thanks. I'll deffinately be lurking when you make the shop, as well as this thread. ^^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff