Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

Welcome to the IT Thread for the new shop.

The lines for this shop were drawn by Overfiend Katsumi, of After the Fall, and given to Shanra as a gift.

However, (and you didn't hear this from me) Shanra is absolutely no good at using a coloring program like Gimp. So, she is relying on you to do the fun work, and she'll handle all the tedious work, keeping up the shop, and running the guild. Oh wait! We don't even have a guild yet. Shanra had better get busy on that! *makes note to self*

This will be her first B/C shop, and she hopes that everyone who sees it will just fall in love with the cute jungle cats.

Credits:

Owner: Shanra the Dragon Bard
Lineart: Overfiend Katsumi
Inker & Templater: Keliptis
Re-inking: Mausoleum
Certs: manasstalker & Zakiax
Shop Graphics: Zakiax
Banners: Shanra the Dragon Bard

Updates:
4.27.12 All of the lines have been re-inked and are ready to be colored.
4.25.12 It has been decided to redraw the lines in order to make them thicker, and easier for everyone to color. Irishgirl1017 has decided not to be a co-owner of the shop.
4.22.12 Hired elven_princess001 as a colorist. Settled on the certs made by manasstalker for the main shop cert. Hired Zakiax to design our shop graphics as well as the certs for the Grand Opening.
4.21.12 Hired Yunachu and Strawberri Stardust as colorists, and discovered how to do a group chat on AIM. YAY! Got more of the guild set up.
4.20.12 Hired iSexy_Goddess and Tenko72 as our certists, and Tenko72 and Default as colorists. Finalized the story with suggestions from iSexy_Goddess. Work has begun on the guild. Animated image for our shops first page is being worked on by Renais.
4.19.12 Got the lines cleaned up and uploaded./trading pass enabled
4.18.12 Baby lines have been re-inked and are ready to go. Zakiak offered us an empty guild.
Please feel free to help us out by putting our hiring banner in your sig, or in your shop, or wherever you think it might get some attention.

Each day you do so, post the following form in the thread here, and when the shop finally opens, the person with the most points will win a free cat of your choosing.

[quote="Sere N Geti Mule"][/quote]

[align=center][b][i][color=#7FFF00]I'm advertising for you today![/color]
[color=#FF3300]Give me points![/color]
[color=#0FDDAF]Please![/color][/i][/b][/align]

Advertisers:

I am Mwee: ////////////
lilloulou: ////////
iSexy_Goddess: //////
ImHotPink4ever: /
Shanra has found what she was looking for in the following people, so she has closed the hiring phase of the thread.

Cert Designers: manasstalker and Zakiax

Shop Graphics: Zakiax

Colorists:
Strawberri Stardust
Tenko72
Defau1t
Yunachu
elven_princess001

Certists:
Tenko72
iSexy_Goddess
4.22.12: Hiring is over! We have hired all we are going to at this point.

What we are looking for in our Staff members:
- Be active in the shop thread
- An AIM account is required for staff meetings (Shanra just made hers this morning)
- A friendly and outgoing attitude
- Be able to open PSD files

Colorists

Full-Time
We're looking for a couple of full-time colorists who have the skills to do major edits and make them look seamless. This means you should be skilled at editing, shading and highlighting. Photoshop or its equal is a must have.

Job Responsibilities
» You will probably have to do at least 3 pets per month for events.
» You must offer customs at least once a month, after you have your event pets done for that month. You decide how many slots to open, depending on how much time you have available.
» You must offer breeding slots at least once every 3 months. More often if you choose.
» You may open bribe slots for customs and breedings, only if your normal slots are full.
» You must complete all stages and upload them to Photobucket, before delivering a baby to its new owner.
» You may hold auctions, as long as your shop work for the month is completed.

Your Compensation
» You may color one pet each month to keep, trade, or gift to someone
» Auctions - 90%
» Customs - 80%
» Breedings - 80%
» Flatsales - 80%
» Raffles - 80%

Part-Time
We're looking for at least one part-time colorist who has the skills to do minor edits and make them look seamless. This means you should also be skilled at editing, shading and highlighting. Photoshop or its equal is a must have.

Job Responsibilities
» You will have to do at least 1 pet per month for events.
» You must offer custom slots at least every other month, after you have your event pet done for that month. You decide how many slots you have the time to do.
» You must offer breeding slots at least once every 4 months. More often if you choose.
» You may open bribe slots for customs and breedings, only if your normal slots are full.
» You must complete all stages and upload them to Photobucket, before delivering a baby to its new owner.

Your Compensation
» You may color one pet each month to keep, trade, or gift to someone
» Customs - 80%
» Breedings - 80%
» Flatsales - 80%
» Raffles - 80%

Certist

Job Responsibilities
» You will need to use Photoshop to cert.
» You will be certing the finished cats.
» You will be responsible for uploading the certs to the Photobucket account.
» You will notify the owners when their cats are certed, by quoting them in the Drop-off thread.

Your Compensation
» You may have one pet each month for yourself, as long as you have certed at least 5 cats that month.
» For each cert finished, you will be paid 3k.
In the time before man covered the whole of the earth, creatures thrived in many of the uninhabited lands. However, there was one area of the earth where the creatures were so numerous that the land itself was suffering. God looked down at the work of his hands and decided something had to be done to correct this injustice.

He came to the conclusion that he needed to create a creature that would keep the lesser creatures numbers under control. This creature would need strength to overcome the creatures that were larger than itself, as well as speed to bring down the fastest creatures in the land. Cunning would be needed in order to out maneuver the sly creatures.

After much thought, God created the Leeuw. He created both male and female and named the males Sere and the females Geti. He placed them in the land and called the land the Serengeti Plains, after His new creation. The Leeuw thrived in the new land, and before long were numerous enough to divide up into individual prides. These prides spread out over the plains and only come together once a year at Lake Zabala. It is at this gathering that mates are chosen, and males can chose to switch prides, or begin their own if they are lucky enough to find enough females to join them.
iSexy_Goddess
Certist
Name: iSexy_Goddess
Experience: I work at Kingdom of Zuri as a part time colorist, and I have to cert the pets I color. Also I recently had a temp shop where I clored chickies and I had to cert them too. Bot irish and shan got one lol wink
Why do you want to work here? I think the lines are really cute and I know it's be fun to work with you girls <3 Besides I'll be happy to help in any way I can with your shop ^_^

Tenko72
I Want To Be A Colorist For You!
Name: Tenko72
Experience: I color at Sweet Treats and Gem Emporium.
Examples: Serengeti, Sweet Treats, Gem Emporium
Full-time or Part-time: Full
Why do you want to work here? Because the pets're cute and I like the bosses. C:

Certist
Name: Tenko72
Do you have Photoshop?: Yes
Experience: I cert at Gem Emporium, Sweet Treats, After the Fall, and the Racetrack.
Why do you want to work here? For the same reasons I want to color.

DefauIt

Name: DefauIt
Experience: ummm i own a minishop that does art? does that count as experience.... 4 years and counting<3
Examples: the colored lines<3
Full-time or Part-time: full time? or part time, i dont mind either^^
Why do you want to work here? i love coloring pets, but no one ever seems to come looking for me to do it. so it would be nice to have a way to get my coloring fix. plush the pets are so adorable!

Strawberri Stardust

Name: Strawberri Stardyst
Experience: Looots |D Currently work in Bunny Luv and Trash Bandits. Have worked in several shops, most of which have unfortunately died or gone on hiatus ):
Examples: Boy for Irish || Girl for Shanra || Bunny || Bandit
Full-time or Part-time: Part-time cuz I'm still learning big edits >.>
Why do you want to work here? CUZ I LOVE YOU GUYS. And cuz the lines are adorable X3 I can also work as a certist if needed, or I can cert my own stuff :3

Yunachu

Name: Yunachu
Experience: Colorist at Golden Stables
Examples: Small edits No edits
Full-time or Part-time: Full-time
Why do you want to work here? I really love the lines and it seems like a lot of fun to keep messing around with them to make beautiful pets

elven_princess001

Name:elven_princess001
Experience:I've worked in 8+ different shops. Still work in 5 of them as a colorist, certist and/or guild manager.
Examples: Simple Color / Medium Color / Complex color / Edited
Examples from other shops: Some are heavy edits, other are light

Owned by Me
T-Relven / Dorumon
Reindex / Arika Ninaja Shikari
Jack Frost

Owned by Other People
Calumon (Owned by icy serenade) / Kenpachi Zaraki (Owned by darknightcavalier)
Aqua (Owned by Mizu_Taji) / Garurumon (Owned by A Pretty Rave Girl)
Faust (Owned by 0-Hell_Hound-0) / Toothless (Owned by SunFireDemon

Full-time or Part-time: Full Time
Why do you want to work here? I love the lines and the people that are here~

If I get hired before I have an edit one finished, I'll still make one so you can see my edits.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff