Welcome to Gaia! ::

Spirit

Several bil for a fully rendered 3/4 to full body?
Sorry for being super vague. I don't really feel qualified to give a specific price, but that's sort of the range.

To get an accurate idea of what to price, I suggest opening a pay-what-you-want shop. With bribe shops, people will bribe with more than what the artwork may be worth.

Fashionable Hunter

12,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
Lukewarm City
Several bil for a fully rendered 3/4 to full body?
Sorry for being super vague. I don't really feel qualified to give a specific price, but that's sort of the range.

To get an accurate idea of what to price, I suggest opening a pay-what-you-want shop. With bribe shops, people will bribe with more than what the artwork may be worth.

Thank you very much for your input.♥

And that is a wonderful idea.
I think I'll do that^_^. 3nodding
Gashli Draven
Selfepidemic1
Maybe like, 50,000? Inflation is weird but before it did this would have been about 5k, you're art is fine but needs a lot of work on colour scheme and anatomy. As well as presentation

UM
Excuse me.
But, what do you mean 5k? 50K wouldn't cut it -- inflation or not!!
A lot of work?! She works DAMN hard on her art and she has been learning all her life and she has a hella lot better of a grasp on anatomy and color scheme than many "professionals" I've seen on many art websites. And what the hell do you mean, presentation? I'm not even sure what the hell you meant by that.
I just checked your art and it's as generic as it can be. It's not very defined and as for color scheme, your's are pretty drab in most of your art and pretty annoying to look at. Some of it is stylistic choice, I won't ignore that but before you go insulting another artist who is a ******** AMAZING ARTIST, maybe you should focus on your own a bit more.

Oh, and before you pull out that "I was just trying to help" or "It was just some friendly advice" BULLSHIT, you should read back on your post and look at how disrespectful and rude it was.
And yes, mine was rude on purpose.

Before inflation, like, 5 years ago. Relax,

Presentation is how you draw lines, and the overall look. I didn't say she was a bad artist, I said 4-5 years ago when I was on Gaia thats how much it would have been worth.

Spirit

Selfepidemic1

Presentation is how you draw lines, and the overall look. I didn't say she was a bad artist, I said 4-5 years ago when I was on Gaia thats how much it would have been worth.

I've seen some of your other price suggestions and I don't think you grasp the current inflation, despite that you seem to have an active art shop.
As an artist you should recognize that giving low-ball prices -that might be appropriate in pre-inflation days- is really insulting to someone's work.

Also, it's rude to give unsolicited criticism (most people only ask for price suggestions).

Dedicated Lunatic

12,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
Gashli Draven
Selfepidemic1
Maybe like, 50,000? Inflation is weird but before it did this would have been about 5k, you're art is fine but needs a lot of work on colour scheme and anatomy. As well as presentation

UM
Excuse me.
A lot of work?! She works DAMN hard on her art and she has been learning all her life and she has a hella lot better of a grasp on anatomy and color scheme than many "professionals" I've seen on many art websites. And what the hell do you mean, presentation? I'm not even sure what the hell you meant by that.
I just checked your art and it's as generic as it can be. It's not very defined and as for color scheme, your's are pretty drab in most of your art and pretty annoying to look at. Some of it is stylistic choice, I won't ignore that but before you go insulting another artist who is a ******** AMAZING ARTIST, maybe you should focus on your own a bit more.

Oh, and before you pull out that "I was just trying to help" or "It was just some friendly advice" BULLSHIT, you should read back on your post and look at how disrespectful and rude it was.
o-o I love you and dat truth you speak!

Dedicated Lunatic

12,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
Narithian
SpazztasticalGiver
Narithian
SpazztasticalGiver
I'll give you my soul and a chocolate bar xD

Aww yer so sweet emotion_hug
xD Your art is amazing! I always enjoy watching you post new things to DA!

Thank you, thank you!♥
I should have new works posted within the next 3 days or so.
Working on a commish, and an art contest entry.

Can't wait! and ooooooo what type of contest?
Lukewarm City
Selfepidemic1

I've seen some of your other price suggestions and I don't think you grasp the current inflation, despite that you seem to have an active art shop.
As an artist you should recognize that giving low-ball prices -that might be appropriate in pre-inflation days- is really insulting to someone's work.

Also, it's rude to give unsolicited criticism (most people only ask for price suggestions).

No you're misunderstanding me, I haven't been on gaia in ages, and when I say 5k, I mean I don't know how much that would mean now. Back 4-5 years ago 5k was pretty good, 20k was for really good and 50k was excellent.

Spirit

Selfepidemic1

No you're misunderstanding me, I haven't been on gaia in ages, and when I say 5k, I mean I don't know how much that would mean now. Back 4-5 years ago 5k was pretty good, 20k was for really good and 50k was excellent.

Selfepidemic1

I'm not talking about 5k, I'm talking about 50k.
If you haven't been on gaia for ages and you don't understand the current marketplace, perhaps you should refrain from pricing other people.

My statement about giving unsolicited criticism still stands.

Aged Phantom

9,900 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
I don't really have a grasp of inflation either, but I could definitely support the 50,000 as being a super low ball "suggestion".

I've seen alot of crap selling for 25B and this stuff is way cleaner, and crisper. Definitely worth something in the billions for the half body colored (and larger).

Basil Dale's Wife

Fashionable Vampire

8,850 Points
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Full closet 200
SpazztasticalGiver
o-o I love you and dat truth you speak!

Lol, thank you. 3nodding
Gashli Draven
Selfepidemic1

UM
Excuse me.

tbh I probably shouldn't mess with this s**t but
their art's pretty ******** rad, and I don't know where your eyes went, "no offence." Oh wait, I meant offence. Oopsies.
"As generic as can be" welp, pretty sure that's a semi-realism style, ya know?
Peoples' actual faces only vary so much. I:
also it's not even that rude--do you know what constructive criticism is?
Here's what they said:
Quote:
you're art is fine but needs a lot of work on colour scheme and anatomy. As well as presentation

Here's a horribly written mockery of a legitimately rude comment (that no, I do not actually mean):
Quote:
ur art is ******** terrible dude and u suck and u should go suck on it because it looks like s**t and ******** mixed 2getha and damn did u learn to draw wif liek, sticks or somethin, because that s**t's ******** nasty you know. don't even bother selling it becaz liek. nobdy'd evar buy it.

(Hopefully, just hopefully, you can tell that the above wasn't serious. I can hope, at least.)

They pointed on what they thought could be improved in the art, you know. Pricing mistakes can be forgiven.
I could make another jab at you, and say that you simply don't know how to appreciate decent art due to multiple reasons (that I could list), but I won't. Well, I made part of it, but spared the real offences.

P.s. a completely rainbow, 100% saturated, burn-the-eyes out colour scheme does not mean that it's 100% brilliance. Her 'drab' schemes, as you so put it, look perfectly fine.

To the other person who said that "it's rude to give unsolicited criticism":
You don't happen to know what constructive crit is, either, do you?

Note: I mean no offence to the original artist, just these people that I am specifically referring to. Your art is nice. ^^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff