Welcome to Gaia! ::

||Search Ends 02.01.13||
User Image

Welcome to the Guest Artist Search for Tendaji’s Seven Deadly Sins Event

Please click the banner above to check out the main thread and to learn more about Tendaji
✖.Seven Deadly Sins Event.✖

We at Tendaji are hunting for 6 guest artists to assist in our next event, which will be influenced by the traditional seven deadly sins: lust, gluttony, greed, sloth, wrath, envy, and pride.

✖.Commitment

Each artist will need to commit to drawing one character in the Prentice Stage whose appearance should be clearly influenced by whichever sin they are assigned.

Our Prentice Stage is done on a base, while the three following stages are all unique art. The guest artists chosen will be expected to use this base for their character and will be provided the artwork after they are selected.

We would love for all of the guest artists to be able to grow their characters as well. However, the growth time of characters varies greatly, and so we cannot expect our guests to stick around and stay committed to the art for an indeterminable amount of time.

When the time comes, those who wish to grow their characters will be welcome to do so, and will be rewarded as such!

Important Note: All art must be appropriate for this site and adhere to Gaia’s TOC.

✖.Payment

Each of the seven characters will be given away through a series of auctions.

For completing the Prentice Stage art that they had committed to, each guest artist will receive 50% of the proceeds from their particular character’s auction.

Those artists who choose to stick around and grow their character will receive an additional 20% of the proceeds from their auction for each new growth, at the time of the growth.

Second Stage – 70% of total, Third Stage – 90% of total, Fourth Stage – 110% of total

✖.Style

Obviously, each artist has their own distinct style, which gives each shop its own, distinct look. We would like you to look at the art in our shop before you begin and to keep it in mind while you work. Of course, one of the many great perks of bringing in guest artists is the variety that they add! So please don’t feel as though you need to mimic the shop’s style. While we would like the characters to look as if they belong in the world, we also want your personal style to shine through.

✖.Process

As applications are submitted, guest artists will be chosen. Once we have six artists confirmed, they will be put into an order at random. The first person on the list will have first pick of which sin they would like to portray and so on down the line until all of the sins have been chosen.

The artists will be able to choose the gender and species for their character, whatever they think would fit best.
        All character art will be due by the set deadline. At this time, that deadline is March 1st.

Artists will be given more specific art details after they have been chosen.

✖.Time Frame

We're hoping to start the event in the first or second week of March, which means the deadline for art would be March 1st.

Hopefully this two month time frame will be enough for us to gather our artists and for them to complete the character they're assigned. However, this date is absolutely flexible, should the need for pushing the event back arise.
✖. Application

So, you think you’re interested? Fill out the form below and post it in this thread.
        We hope you’ll join us soon!

[color=#909638][size=14][b]I Want to Give a Vice Some Life[/b][/size][/color]
        [color=#4b2c22][size=11][b]Username:[/b] [username]
        [b]Activity:[/b] [What time zone do you live in and how much time do you spend on Gaia?]
        [b]Examples:[/b] [Please provide text links to 3-5 examples of your work. You may also link us to a gallery, if you’d like.]
        [b]Commitment:[/b] [Do you have any concerns with adhering to the commitments listed above? Will the March 1st deadline work for you, or do you expect to need a time extension?]
        [b]Fun Fact:[/b] [Please tell us something interesting about yourself! :3]
        [b]Why you?:[/b] [Why do you want to participate in this event?][/size][/color]

✖. Applicants

✖. Accepted

Lonely Phantom

12,125 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
I Want to Give a Vice Some Life
Username: [Nerin Sereme]
Activity: [Chicago time zone ;; nearly every waking second I spend is on gaia @A@]
Examples: [deviantART I can post examples after I buy my scanner ;3;]
Commitment: [Everything sounds fine to me c':]
Fun Fact: [uhm.......I have an obsession with Bing Bang Theory? .A.]
Why you?: [I feel like my art's under appreciated, and overlooked as 'typical anime-styled art. :L
[/color

Elyessi's Problem

Nerin Serene
I Want to Give a Vice Some Life
Username: [Nerin Sereme]
Activity: [Chicago time zone ;; nearly every waking second I spend is on gaia @A@]
Examples: [deviantART I can post examples after I buy my scanner ;3;]
Commitment: [Everything sounds fine to me c':]
Fun Fact: [uhm.......I have an obsession with Bing Bang Theory? .A.]
Why you?: [I feel like my art's under appreciated, and overlooked as 'typical anime-styled art. :L
[/color

Thanks for the app! I have a question about it though. Will your prentice stage be digital (either CGed or pixel?)? Our prentices start on a base, so CGing will definitely be the easiest route, but if you plan on tracing the lines to make a pixel base or a traditional piece (scanned in) I can see that working also.

I'd like to hear more about how you plan to participate if chosen :}

Elyessi's Problem

Elyessi's Problem

Lirende's Wife

Celestial Snowflake

Sneaks in to give the thread a bump and scurries away

Elyessi's Problem

Hey Silver! heart

Lirende's Wife

Celestial Snowflake

Hello Kana <3

Elyessi's Problem

heart how'd you find the thread? do you hang around the pricing forum a lot?

Elyessi's Problem

x3 I will make a link in the main thread soon soon soon~~

Must balance Winter Event flaunting and this =DD

Elyessi's Problem

heart Yes :}
/yawn stretch flop/

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers