Welcome to Gaia! ::

User ImageUser Image
User Image

Main Thread .||. Guild .||. Battle .||. Quests .||. Shop .||. tumblr

Oh, hi! Welcome to Tendaji's Hiring Thread.
If you haven't heard of Tendaji before and/or want to find out more about us, the links above will direct you to all kinds of lovely information.

We love our little B/C and all its concepts with an absurd passion. Unfortunately, Kana's working full time now and her and Jay require assistance to keep up the level of activity the shop deserves.

Tendaji is currently open and thriving and bubbling over with activity since our exciting Meta chapter just came to a close.
We're hoping to find dedicated artists to join the team and add some exciting pieces to the Tendaji crew.

Application deadline is now April 30th!!

User Image

|| Header || Rules || Colorists || Applications || Advertising ||
User ImageUser Image
User Image

|| Follow Gaia Rules and TOS.
|| Be polite.
|| Do not steal the art.
|| Use common sense.

Hiring will be open until we find the artists we're looking for. If we need to extend the deadline, we will.
heart

User Image

User Image

User ImageUser Image
We are looking for both part-time and full-time artists!
We're hoping to get anywhere from 1-3 artists depending on the level of dedication those artists are willing to put into the shop.
All positions are focused on creating characters, but will also be able to work on familiars if they choose to do so.

If you do not want to work with based art: that's fine! You can come on board as a growth artist only and work on unique art for our characters.

To see examples of our kids, check out our Owners List.
If your style isn't like Kan's though: DON'T WORRY! We want you anyways! Apply!

Here's a quick breakdown of what's required of all jobs:

Artists will be responsible for creating characters and growing characters so they should be able to create unique baseless artwork!

Part-Time Artist
All requirements for part-time artists are their maximum requirements, there is no minimum, so if you're having a busy month, no problems!

|| Able to add hair, markings/crystals, and clothing to bases.
|| Capable of editing simple facial expressions and editing ears to the proper length.
|| Limited to 2 customs and 3 familiars each time customs open (this is max, not min).
|| Can only open for customs once a month.
|| Limited to 1 growth a month unless you alert us prior your availability to do extra work.
|| Can do any growth requested as long as it's only 1 (this includes younglings growing to prentices).
|| Opening custom slots are optional.
|| Part-time artists are not available for breeding, breeding is reserved for full-time artists.
|| Complete all characters in a timely manner and in good quality.
|| Understand the setting so as not to incorporate anything that doesn't fit into our world or the individual races of Tendaji.
|| The position is open to contributing to backstock art if the artist wants to.

Full-Time Artist

|| Able to add hair, markings/crystals, and clothing to bases.
|| Capable of editing simple facial expressions and editing ears to the proper length.
|| Can open customs, breeding, and growth slots (number depends on artist and will be discussed with Kan after hiring)
|| Be able to grow their created characters when necessary and create unique baseless artwork for growths!
|| Understand the setting so as not to incorporate anything that doesn't fit into our world or the individual races of Tendaji.
|| The position is open to contributing to backstock if the artist wants to.
|| There is no minimum or maximum requirements for full-time artists, but full-time artists are expected to help when they can.

User Image

We are looking for both part-time and full-time Colorists!
We're hoping to get anywhere from 1-3 depending on the level of dedication willing to put into the shop.
Colorists will be working on based art as well as coloring in growths that artists complete lines for.

Part-Time Colorist
Part-time colorists are not required to edit their bases and will be working on coloring lines that artists produce.

|| Color at least 1 character each month, either as back stock or for current events.

Full-Time Colorist
Full-time colorists are not required to edit their bases and will be working on coloring lines that artists produce, though the work load is more demanding.

|| Color at least 3 pet each month, either as back stock or for current events.
|| Complete all pets in a timely manner and in good quality.

Payment
Everyone wants to get paid for what they do, right?
Payment will be split between immediate characters and back stock. Immediate characters and those made for back stock to be used in the near future will be paid for when the event has ended.

All Artists will receive 90% from auctions, and 100% from all other characters.
All Colorists will receive a flat price for all work they color. (Amount is pending and will be discussed after hiring)

Characters made for distant back stock will be paid for upfront and, if there's a difference left after an event, we'll work it out then.

Anyone willing to participate in customs has the ability to set their own price with the understanding that those who have approved quests should be offered a discounted price (our general rule of thumb is about half off).

Artist and Colorist Perks

Artists and Colorists are allowed certain perks for the shop just for being awesome and part of the staff.
|| Both part time and full time artists (and colorists) are considered staff meaning that they do not follow the custom limit set on owners.
|| Artists can create their own characters or ask other artists to create characters for them.
|| Artists and colorists gain Versatile Points to be used toward growth of their own characters through drawing.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to PM either this account (Suhuba) or kaname423.

Lines for applying as a colorist: prentice art, Alkidike growth, Wind Earthling growth.
Colorists should provide at least one of the growth samples (prentice and the other are optional)

Bases for applying for artist can be found below:
Alkidike || Earthling Girl || Earthling Boy.

Species Appearances to use when applying.

** If you are not accepted for a position, we expect everyone to have an honor code and delete the bases from their computer and not use them for anything else.

User Image

User ImageUser Image
User Image

Use the form below (in the spoiler) to apply for any/all positions:

[size=15][color=#909638][b]I Want to Help Kana Make Pretties![/size]

[size=11][b]Username:[/b] [Insert username here, please. :3]
[b]Which Job:[/b] [part-time/full-time artist/colorist]
[b]Timezone:[/b] [The timezone that you live/are most frequently in.]
[b]Hours Online:[/b] [A general idea of when/how much you're on Gaia during the week.]
[b]Preferred Contact:[/b] [aim/pm/e-mail/etc. You don't have to provide any addresses or screen names here, just let us know the best way to contact you.]
[b]Current Jobs:[/b] [Are you working anywhere else in the B/C? Where/what's your position?]
[b]Past Experience:[/b] [As a colorist? Doing something else in the B/C?]
[b]Examples:[/b] [At least one sample of using our bases and two works you've edited and/or colored before. Artists should include their galleries here for original linework]
[b]What do you Expect:[/b] [Here's where you can tell us what you want to do: how many characters, customs, breeding, whether you want to do familiars, etc.]
[b]Anything Else?:[/b] [If I forgot to add something, talk about it here. =D][/size][/color]

|| If you would like to apply for more than one position if you're open to just filling a slot we need, feel free to add that in.
|| Hiring will be open for at least a month, longer if we decide we need more time.

Artist Applications:

Quote:
I Want to Help Kana Make Pretties!

Username: Heras Box
Which Job: Full time Colorist
Timezone: EST
Hours Online: Very Often
Preferred Contact: PM or Skype
Current Jobs: Colorist at Pockettu
Past Experience: None for B/C's other than the current position at Pockettu.
Examples: Color test Shifter Fire Water
What do you Expect: I would prefer to do backstock or coloring of lines for others if they don't have the time.
Anything Else?: I would prefer to do backstock or coloring of lines for others if they don't have the time.

Updated the app with new samples. o uo

Quote:

Username: Phieth
Which Job: colorist
Timezone: UTC -06:00 (outside the States, but If I not mistaken this corresponds to central of the states )
Hours Online: like all day, except when travelling but that happens 2 times of the year
Preferred Contact: pm and or facebook
Current Jobs: no job
Past Experience: count some tumblr color to some friends?
Examples:
to the examples!!

My gallery in tumblr || my gallery in DA

I have this, but I not sure where the original is anymore... @_@ my friend post it in her facebook so I'm no sure if this counts [example]

original by No_Pun_Intended
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
color
User Image

tumblr example
color
User Image

Original by Navydream
User Image

your bases

User ImageUser Image

What do you Expect:
meanwhile making the example of your bases, I just understood two things, colouring is faster than creating. I will help colouring like 4 per week, customs no so much. I'm not so good at drawing animals, no hope in there. In the rest I'm all hands to help.

Anything Else?: I'm slow drawing, slow slow slow.... XD and thanks for the chance

Quote:

Username: The Only Black Uke
Which Job: part-time artist
Timezone: Central (UTC 6:00)
Hours Online: All the time. On weekends I am generally on when I'm awake - during the week I am on in the morning and then go to classes and am back at around 4PM.
Preferred Contact: AIM is the fastest. PMs are also acceptable for slower things.
Current Jobs: Full-time artist and senior staff/RP manager/world builder at Magesc.
Past Experience: Magesc artist (this is the only B/C I've worked for, but the art I've done for it is fairly extensive).
Examples: Fire Earthling Male, Roseryn, Satyadevi || Tumblr || dA
What do you Expect: Applying for part-time because I'm a law student and occasionally horrifically busy, but I've always managed to get art done in a timely manner in the past for Magesc, so I expect to take on a few characters here and there and help out without bogging myself down. I'd love the chance to do customs on occasion and donate a few premades if that's what's expected; really, I think I'm pretty flexible - the only thing I don't want is to be overwhelmed with way too much at once, but I don't suspect that will be a problem.
Anything Else?: Nothing else; I'm really just excited for the chance to be a part of another b/c.

Quote:

Username: mewmew kittykat94
Which Job: Part-time Colorist
Hours Online: 25 hours or so per week?
Preferred Contact: Skype or possibly AIM (I tend to forget to turn this on though)
Current Jobs: [The Lucky Noodle]
Past Experience: Colorist since 2013 at TLN.
Examples: TLN Work
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Working on Tendaji examples! >8D
User Image User Image

What do you Expect: Well, as stated, I'd be responsible for at least one character per month, but I'd try go above and beyond that to contribue to the backstock. Honestly, payment isn't as important as the experience that comes from this along side the ability to help this shop in anyway I can. Probably aim to get three familiars done and one-two characters per month? Depends on demand C8 <3
Anything Else?: I realize that colorists are coloring bases and the artist's work, but will colorists be allowed to practice edits (on familiars and whatnot)?
Thank you for this opportunity!

Quote:

Username: Lavender Hues
Which Job: Part-time or Full-time colorist
Hours Online: 10+ hours a day, 70 hours+ per week? ouo;
Preferred Contact: PM, then Aim/Skype.
Current Jobs: No current jobs.
Past Experience: None that are recent. (2+ years ago)
Examples: Color test Kaalnia Growth (Black lines) Kaalnia Growth (Colored lines)
What do you Expect: I would love to work on characters for events, growths, and back-stock! I expect to do... Maybe 2-3 characters a month, but if I have the time I'd be open to doing more. Unfortunately, because I can't edit, I can't do customs or breedings, but I would love to create just by coloring alone. ouo
Anything Else?: My style isn't very developed, so I'm open to any pointers you might want to share. Also, I prefer to color lines, but I figured I'd give you an example of black lines vs colored. <3 (I'm willing to not color lines, too, if you don't want me to)

Quote:

Username: [Duke Edward Drake]
Which Job: [ part time colorist potentially full time]
Timezone: [PST]
Hours Online: [2-6 per day]
Preferred Contact: [aim]
Current Jobs: [Dreams of Elysium - MetaArc, Manager, Certist, Event Coordinator ]
Past Experience: [Past experience coloring templates at Herds of Azreth, Trash Bandits, Sahara's Wonders]
Examples: [ Prentice, Kaalnia GrowthEdited and colored by me Colored by me Also colored by me
Nyiim fanart pencil
Sauron fan art pencil
Artists should include their galleries here for original linework]
What do you Expect: [I would like to do familiars, I should be able to manage at least two characters per month if not more but I want to feel it out a bit first. Familiars I could do more of since they are not as complex]
Anything Else?: [I truely love this shop and I am glad of the opportunity to apply to work here.]

Quote:

Username: [Pudina]
Which Job: [part-time artist]
Timezone: [GMT]
Hours Online: [Usually pop on to check messages once a day but am properly online 3-4 times a week.]
Preferred Contact: [pm]
Current Jobs: [No]
Past Experience: [Used to do colourist work for several breedables shops years ago, unfortunately none of them are around anymore.]
Examples:

Sample with Tendaji base: [♥]
Other samples: [♥] [♥]
My art: [♥]

What do you Expect: [Whatever amount is required of me I can manage my time well and produce however I'm asking for part-time just so I don't accidentally overwhelm myself, I'd rather be cautious than fail to deliver. I would be very happy with 2-3 a month and every so often familiars or customs on top of that.]
Anything Else?: [I can never really decide my favourite way to colour so excuse my art for changing so often.]

Quote:

Username: Tasinei
Which Job: Part-Time until my classes have reduced to 1 in the summer time smile
Timezone: Eastern
Hours Online: A lot. My classes are in the evening so I am usually around during the day after 11 am till around 4 pm for class. Weekends I'm on pretty much all day since I'm at work for 12 hours xD
Preferred Contact: Skype
Current Jobs: Manager for Pern Wars.
Past Experience: I used to color for Laluna.
Examples: Tendaji Sample 1 Old Sample 1 / Old Sample 2 / Old Sample 3 / Old Sample 4
What do you Expect: I'd rather not do familiars but I am game for everything else.
Anything Else?: I have one more sample coming for hard CG. Just in the middle of finals and it's hard finding time to color atm D: Also. OOLLLLDDDDD samples biggrin

User Image

User ImageUser Image
User Image

Because you can never have too many advertising contests?! =D;;
The winner will receive their choice of either a custom by kaname423 or 100mil.

|| If advertising in another shop, be sure to read their rules about posting advertisements in the thread first.
|| Do not beg, harass, or otherwise annoy anyone in order to get them to affiliate with us. That will not make friends... which is the opposite of what we want to do. :3
|| There is no proxying nor may you gift away your pet later.
|| Have fun and don't be a poor sport, whether you win or lose.
|| Contest ends when hiring closes.
|| Winner will be chosen by raffle at the end of hiring. <3

1pt: Putting one of our banners in your signature. After you have done so, please post the following in the thread:
[USERNAME] is now flaunting Tendaji's greatness.

[size=16][color=#4b2c22] [USERNAME] is now flaunting Tendaji's greatness. [/color][/size]

1pt: Posting the following in the thread once daily so that we know you're actively flaunting our greatness. ;3
[USERNAME] would like to be rewarded for being a dedicated greatness flaunter. kthnx.
[size=16][color=#909638] [USERNAME] would like to be rewarded for being a dedicated greatness flaunter. kthnx.[/color][/size]

5pts: Getting someone else to post the following in the thread:
[USERNAME] has made Tendaji's greatness known to me. Reward them!
[size=16][color=#4b2c22] [USERNAME] has made Tendaji's greatness known to me. Reward them![/color][/size]

10pts: Getting another shop to affiliate with us. Please post their link in this thread so that we may easily access it.

Links Out

These link to the hiring thread!

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.96164987/][IMG]http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb428/suhuba/Graphics/banner5.png[/IMG][/url]

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.96164987/][IMG]http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb428/suhuba/Graphics/banner6.png[/IMG][/url]

Use this for affiliating!

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.80001971/][IMG]http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb428/suhuba/Graphics/banner5.png[/IMG][/url]

Participants

Midnightglow18 - 3pts
Lavender Hues - 120pts
Mriae - 185pts
Elyessi - 54pts
robot kitten - 4pts
Mewsings of An Angel - 5pts
Duke Edward Drake - 4pts
mewmew kittykat94 - 141pts
OpticPeach - 5pts
Heras Box - 19pt

User Image

Open heart

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Midnightglow18 is now flaunting Tendaji's greatness.

Hatted Fatcat

Lavender Hues is now flaunting Tendaji's greatness.

I hope my Yaho banner counts. 8U -Flaunts her Brute's face everywhere-
Thanks for joining guys <3 Added to the list

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas