• Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Sweet, thanks!

Fashionable Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Ooooo the first episode is really intense! I liked it! Interesting thing with the mirrors.

Will the characters in the shop be reflections of their real-selves too?

Mimic_Angel's Husband

Generous Friend

8,975 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200
Madness_insanity
Ooooo the first episode is really intense! I liked it! Interesting thing with the mirrors.

Will the characters in the shop be reflections of their real-selves too?

Unfortunately that would take far too much work. So we're going to run it as if the whole nastiness of the anime didn't happen. Also had we run it like the anime it would mean people's characters could permanently die. Which would suck. So I'm going to run it under the premise that Sword Art Online has been fixed and rereleased since the whole incident.

Fashionable Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Makes sense!

And wow the anime gets depressing fast lol

Mimic_Angel's Husband

Generous Friend

8,975 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200
Madness_insanity
Makes sense!

And wow the anime gets depressing fast lol

there are a lot of good moments in the anime too. Ones that will make you feel good and make you smile. Make you laugh, and make you cry

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
      gosh this is honestly super cool I'm just drooling over this emotion_drool
      LOOK at that art!!! those lines, the colors, oh my
      and the certs are so cool!!
      hey, would there be a civilian stage, in which like, if you don't have a character in the shop, you can rp in the regular form, but you don't have the game
      and wouldn't they have screen names? would there be two sets of art per character, one human, on online? will those three types be able to be modified, like heavy armor with a two hander or light armor with one handed weapon and other hand shield, or will they always be like that?
      what are the classes in the virtual world? will there be different races? O WO!!

Eloquent Explorer

I've never seen or even heard of the anime before, but I like the concept ^^ I'll Definately be sticking around smile

Mimic_Angel's Husband

Generous Friend

8,975 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200
quite uneventful
      gosh this is honestly super cool I'm just drooling over this emotion_drool
      LOOK at that art!!! those lines, the colors, oh my
      and the certs are so cool!!
      hey, would there be a civilian stage, in which like, if you don't have a character in the shop, you can rp in the regular form, but you don't have the game
      and wouldn't they have screen names? would there be two sets of art per character, one human, on online? will those three types be able to be modified, like heavy armor with a two hander or light armor with one handed weapon and other hand shield, or will they always be like that?
      what are the classes in the virtual world? will there be different races? O WO!!

There is no civilian stage. Either you have a character and you're in the game, or not. The character's names are the screen names, and on the cert you'll see a "user" section, that is the name of the person using the character. There are no real classes per say, just armor types and weapons that go with them. For heavy armor we have people who use swords and shield. For medium armor we have people who use large 2 handed swords, and for light armor there is dual wielding. Each of these armor types has particular benefits for the weapons they use.
At this time, there are no classes, but if you watch the anime, it does get to a point where the players end up playing in a different game called Alfheim online, as which point there are several different races of fairy type beings. There is so much information and depth on this show, that I would recommend that if you're really interested and want to know more, read the wikipedias.
There is also a third world that they've introduced in light novel form only so far, haven't done a whole lot of research on it myself, but the season is called "Phantom Bullet" where in this game universe they use guns instead of swords and shields.
As the universe evolves in the shop new things will open up for people to explore. New locations, new dungeons, new bosses, etc. If it wasn't for my lack of internet connection while I'm at work, I would be refining my research and compiling data onto this thread on the front page. I have all day saturday off work, so perhaps saturday will be my work day.
So keep an eye on this thread.
As new art work is completed it will be posted, and as new graphics and details are finished they will be loaded up onto the front page of the thread.

Mimic_Angel's Husband

Generous Friend

8,975 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200
a little extra info if people would like to know. The characters will be able to be modified. Whether they will be modified to be able to have different styles of weapons is probably a no, as it would require massive lineart changing, and an even heavier work load for the colorists. However, there will on occasion be auctions for completely custom characters. By complete custom I mean from top to bottom. However, it is to be expected that this will not go for cheap. These will be RP "pets" as you will have to RP them to level up. With no level ups, the character will not grow, or earn new gear of any sort. There will be an in shop currency, that will be earned through RPing, and taking part in events. This currency will be given out for dungeons, raids, and "GM" events as rewards. You will be able to use this currency to purchase supplies for your character, as well as have maintenance done on your gear. Without maintenance, your gear will become a hindrance rather than an aid.
Also there will be an in shop "Blacksmith" where people can pay in shop currency to have this maintenance done, as well as be able to pay gaia gold to buy new weapons. Although, the good stuff can be found in dungeons and raids 3nodding

If anyone has any other questions, feel free to ask.
I'm heading off to bed now, about an hour and half behind schedule, but what can you do.
Good night Gaia

Feral Wife

14,200 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Hero 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Rammheart
Auric Halcyon
art is awesome guys, not familiar with the game but it looks awesome

Actually, Sword Art Online is an anime. A very well done anime. You shouls check it out some time, you wont be disappointed. I promise you that.

ahh cool. I thought from the online part it was a game. XD *ignorance* I might do that. I've got a couple of stuff on my watch list atm and it's always good to add another one.

Mimic_Angel's Husband

Generous Friend

8,975 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200
I will be starting a small contest when I get home. If you want a leg up on the competition then you can start on it now. The contest is this:
Looking for someone to design a shop mule avatar for us. Use www.tektek.org and link the avatar here on the page. However do not submit or post it until I notify the contest is open.
I could do this myself but I figured it would be more fun this way.
So keep an eye open around 8 hours from now.
Ttyl everyone.

Mimic_Angel's Husband

Generous Friend

8,975 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200
*pokes the thread*

Fashionable Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Ohhh contest, I'm terrible at avatar making but I'll probably try anyways.

And on episode six now! Are there going to be guilds in the shop? I like how guilds have similar costumes <3

Mimic_Angel's Husband

Generous Friend

8,975 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200
Madness_insanity
Ohhh contest, I'm terrible at avatar making but I'll probably try anyways.

And on episode six now! Are there going to be guilds in the shop? I like how guilds have similar costumes <3

Yes, there are going to be guilds. I was thinking with the guild thing in shop, the guilds would design a logo or emblem for their guild, and we would find a way to affix that emblem to the character's armor.
I'll be posting info on the contest shortly. Got distracted by food lol...and TV

Fashionable Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
That emblem idea is awesome!

For some reason I have seen episode seven before, maybe caught a friend watching it or something....because I didn't even know what anime it was lol

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff