Mimic_Angel's Husband

Generous Friend

8,975 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200
User Image

Hello everyone.

Yes, that's right, you read the title correctly. Myself, and one other, Ghetto Astronaut, are currently in the development process of a Sword Art Online breedables shop.
For those of you familiar with Sword Art Online, congratulations, you've seen and know you've seen a fantastic anime. For those of you who have not, I highly suggest you watch it, you won't see forget this anime.

This thread was once a request thread looking for a lineartist to design the lineart for the shop, but Ghetto Astronaut has become the lineartist for this shop, and am I ever glad she did. Her work has been spectacular. Ask any individual who has received art from her, they were all very happy customers.

So you're probably wondering how this breedables shop will work. Well it will be based off of Sword Art Online, and exist in the universe the show exists in, Aincrad.

I would go into the whole story line right now of the universe and how things work, but it's quite complex and all that info will be reserved for the actual shop information once it has all been compiled. I'm currently rewatching the anime to gather information and key terms used.

As I compile this information, I will post more here for people to see. But for now I'll show you what we have so far.
Below are samples of the tag/cert and the art that will go with it. The art shown here is the lineart for the novice female and the female light armor. Which is the starting female lineart.
User Image
User Image

The basis behind the classes will be as follows:

Each character will start as a "Novice" that starts with 20 points in each stat area. A character will be given level ups according to how they RP in the thread, or in their Guild thread (guild will be created at a later date)
Once a character reaches level 20, they can choose to specialize in a particular weapon and armor type. (types coincide with each other)
The types are:

Light armor w/ single one handed weapon= less armor, but higher mobility and crit rate.
Medium armor w/ single two handed weapon= more armor than light, but less mobility, grants small strength bonus.
Heavy Armor w/ single one handed weapon and shield= Low mobility, but high defensive stats. Grants a bonus to endurance.

Once a character reaches level 20 and chooses their speciality, they will be granted 100 stat points that the user can choose to distribute as they please. These stat points effect certain areas of that character's later development. ie: new weapons and armors, possibly new "class ups"

Also at a later point in the development of the shop, there will open a new world named Alfeim, of which will exist a different universe. Characters from Aincrad will not be allowed to RP with Alfeim characters...at least in the beginning.

There are further developments in the story beyond the anime which I am still trying to gather resources on these developments. All I've found out so far, is that the next part of the series is named "Phantom Bullet"

Basically what I'm looking for out of people is any ideas they might have as to how the shop should run, or thoughts on how sales and auctions should be handled.
If you have any input at all I would love to hear it. But please, be constructive. Also if you can, please leave props to Ghetto Astronaut on her art. She has done a fantastic job on it, as she develops more of it, I shall be posting more of it.

Perhaps a few individuals who stick around, bump, chat, and have fun here, may be granted exclusive "BETA" access to the shop smile

So come in, have fun, chat, and brain storm. Anything can help. Also if you're a person of whom can develop anything in the way of banners, or shop graphics, speak to me. I can make them myself, but I'm not nearly as good as some people on here, so I'd love to hear from you.

Without further ado, I declare this thread, OPEN...again...lol

Mimic_Angel's Husband

Generous Friend

8,975 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200
Hello again, what you'll see here in this post is what we are looking for in terms of colorists, and graphics.

I am looking to hire possibly 2 colorists.

If you would like to apply for a job as a colorist, please fill out this form and post it here in this thread:
[size=18]
[b][u][color=darkred]HI I'D LIKE TO BE A COLORIST!!![/color][/u][/b][/size]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Samples:[/b]
[b]Past B/C Work (if any):[/b]
[b]Preferred Payment Ratio (%):[/b]

If you would like to sell your graphical services to us, to design some banners and graphics for the shop, then please fill out this form and post it here in this thread:

[color=darkblue][size=18][u][b]CAN I DO THE WALLPAPER???[/b][/u][/size][/color]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Samples:[/b]
[b]Past Work:[/b]
[b]Price:[/b]

Mimic_Angel's Husband

Generous Friend

8,975 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200
Affiliates

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Tell them I sent you!

If you would like to affiliate with us then you can either post this in your signature, or in your shop/ interest thread:
User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/pricing-and-suggestions/sword-art-online-breedables-interest-thread-samples-posted/t.84430245/][IMG]http://i1311.photobucket.com/albums/s670/SOA_Breedables/SAOBAff.png[/IMG][/url]

Mimic_Angel's Husband

Generous Friend

8,975 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200
This post here will be for updates on the shop's ideas and concepts. As people post their input and feedback, I will adopt some of what they say and use it as ideas for the shop. So please, anyone who has any input at all, please come forward.

quite uneventful
      gosh this is honestly super cool I'm just drooling over this emotion_drool
      LOOK at that art!!! those lines, the colors, oh my
      and the certs are so cool!!
      hey, would there be a civilian stage, in which like, if you don't have a character in the shop, you can rp in the regular form, but you don't have the game
      and wouldn't they have screen names? would there be two sets of art per character, one human, on online? will those three types be able to be modified, like heavy armor with a two hander or light armor with one handed weapon and other hand shield, or will they always be like that?
      what are the classes in the virtual world? will there be different races? O WO!!

There is no civilian stage. Either you have a character and you're in the game, or not. The character's names are the screen names, and on the cert you'll see a "user" section, that is the name of the person using the character. There are no real classes per say, just armor types and weapons that go with them. For heavy armor we have people who use swords and shield. For medium armor we have people who use large 2 handed swords, and for light armor there is dual wielding. Each of these armor types has particular benefits for the weapons they use.
At this time, there are no classes, but if you watch the anime, it does get to a point where the players end up playing in a different game called Alfheim online, as which point there are several different races of fairy type beings. There is so much information and depth on this show, that I would recommend that if you're really interested and want to know more, read the wikipedias.
There is also a third world that they've introduced in light novel form only so far, haven't done a whole lot of research on it myself, but the season is called "Phantom Bullet" where in this game universe they use guns instead of swords and shields.
As the universe evolves in the shop new things will open up for people to explore. New locations, new dungeons, new bosses, etc. If it wasn't for my lack of internet connection while I'm at work, I would be refining my research and compiling data onto this thread on the front page. I have all day saturday off work, so perhaps saturday will be my work day.
So keep an eye on this thread.
As new art work is completed it will be posted, and as new graphics and details are finished they will be loaded up onto the front page of the thread.
a little extra info if people would like to know. The characters will be able to be modified. Whether they will be modified to be able to have different styles of weapons is probably a no, as it would require massive lineart changing, and an even heavier work load for the colorists. However, there will on occasion be auctions for completely custom characters. By complete custom I mean from top to bottom. However, it is to be expected that this will not go for cheap. These will be RP "pets" as you will have to RP them to level up. With no level ups, the character will not grow, or earn new gear of any sort. There will be an in shop currency, that will be earned through RPing, and taking part in events. This currency will be given out for dungeons, raids, and "GM" events as rewards. You will be able to use this currency to purchase supplies for your character, as well as have maintenance done on your gear. Without maintenance, your gear will become a hindrance rather than an aid.
Also there will be an in shop "Blacksmith" where people can pay in shop currency to have this maintenance done, as well as be able to pay gaia gold to buy new weapons. Although, the good stuff can be found in dungeons and raids 3nodding

Madness_insanity
Ohhh contest, I'm terrible at avatar making but I'll probably try anyways.

And on episode six now! Are there going to be guilds in the shop? I like how guilds have similar costumes <3

Yes, there are going to be guilds. I was thinking with the guild thing in shop, the guilds would design a logo or emblem for their guild, and we would find a way to affix that emblem to the character's armor.

Madness_insanity
I haven't watched it before D: But I'll add it to my list of anime to watch lol

Buuuut the art is still lovely and I really like the cert layout!

EDIT: Curious, are you going to have some sort of fighting battle system/mechanics?

Thank you. Ghetto Astronaut is a phenominal artist.
Im glad people like the cert layout. It has been many many years since I made one.
There will be battle mechanics during events. The mini events will be like in game GM events or dungeons depending on how many people can attend. Larger events will be raids. If you watch about 4 or 5 episodes youll probably get a gist of how things are going to work.

Madness_insanity
Now that I've read over the front page.....So how are you going to be offering characters? Will there be profiles to fill out like most shops?
Again I'm not familiar with the anime, but in most video games-esque ones they use items, like potions and whatever, will that be used here? They would be a nice way to reward participation/activity/rp.

aaaand I kinda want to apply for colorist but Iworkfortoomanyshops..... D:

Well be offering characters in the way that someone would go to a store and buy a copy of the game. So we will have a little graphic done up that will look like the case for a computer game. After theyve bought it, they will fill out a form and the characters eyes, skin and hair will be customized to that appearance.
Weapons are found and bought. There will be a shop to sell weapons and items, as well as some items and weapons will be rewards for events. Armor however, will be a static design unless a "custom" auction is won. In which case there will be custom auctions for weapons, and ones for armors, and very rarely, an entire character. EDIT*
The amazing Ghetto Astronaut and I have decided to actually have each character have unique lineart. So be prepared to see even more amazing artwork from the fantastic Ghetto Astronaut. No applause, just throw money. lol

quite uneventful
      omg this is awesome holy whoah!!!!
      totes looking forward to this, subscribed immediately and I'd like to ask
      would we be able to have children ingame, or no? also, would there be two rp places, being real world or fake, or would it be just like the anime? O WO!!
      also, maybe every rp you partake in you gain a level from?? *O*!!! or maybe two levels, so that you don't have to die from over rping
      this shop looks rp-heavy!!!
      curiouser and curiouser!!!!!!

Well if you were to RP, as just you, as you are, then yes, that would be you RPing in the "RL" as opposed to Aincrad. However, experience will be gained by just overall RPing. I'll be watching the thread carefully to grant level ups to people. Also there will be in guild events, like raids, and dungeons, as well as random treasure appearances. These will be used to earn items, and equipments. However, items and equipments won't really become useful until after the character's specialty is chosen.
You will not be able to have children in game, instead the "breeding" aspect of this shop would be like as if your "RL" character and one other person's character went and bought a copy of the game and sent a "friend invite" code to another person. The character they create thanks to the friend invite code, would share features of the two characters that sent that code.
This was the only logical way I could see that breeding worked.
When we end up going into the Alfheim story line, there will be player sprites, and perhaps these sprites will be able to actually breed together, and then that resulting sprite can be given to another Alfeim character.

Mimic_Angel's Husband

Generous Friend

8,975 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200
I'm just doddling about. If anyone wants to chat, or has questions, please come on in.

Mimic_Angel's Husband

Generous Friend

8,975 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200
Well I'm gonna log for the night, so I'll check back tomorrow.

Mimic_Angel's Husband

Generous Friend

8,975 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200
Just gonna give this a little bump before I head off to work.

Gracious Lover

8,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
I'VE ONLY SEEN LIKE 2 EPISODES. IF THAT OKAY, IF SO, ******** YES THIS SHOP. biggrin
Shamelessly formatted by GaiArch.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Mimic_Angel's Husband

Generous Friend

8,975 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200
Minako-mippi
I'VE ONLY SEEN LIKE 2 EPISODES. IF THAT OKAY, IF SO, ******** YES THIS SHOP. biggrin
Shamelessly formatted by GaiArch.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Well then go watch more lol. You wont be disappointed I promise you that. The show is immensely well done.

Mimic_Angel's Husband

Generous Friend

8,975 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200
A little bump while I work

Dapper Explorer

OMG YES PLEASE.

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
      would we be able to have children ingame, or no? also, would there be two rp places, being real world or fake, or would it be just like the anime? O WO!!
      also, maybe every rp you partake in you gain a level from?? *O*!!! or maybe two levels, so that you don't have to die from over rping

Mimic_Angel's Husband

Generous Friend

8,975 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200
quite uneventful

Well if you were to RP, as just you, as you are, then yes, that would be you RPing in the "RL" as opposed to Aincrad. However, experience will be gained by just overall RPing. I'll be watching the thread carefully to grant level ups to people. Also there will be in guild events, like raids, and dungeons, as well as random treasure appearances. These will be used to earn items, and equipments. However, items and equipments won't really become useful until after the character's specialty is chosen.
You will not be able to have children in game, instead the "breeding" aspect of this shop would be like as if your "RL" character and one other person's character went and bought a copy of the game and sent a "friend invite" code to another person. The character they create thanks to the friend invite code, would share features of the two characters that sent that code.
This was the only logical way I could see that breeding worked.
When we end up going into the Alfheim story line, there will be player sprites, and perhaps these sprites will be able to actually breed together, and then that resulting sprite can be given to another Alfeim character.
If anyone has any ideas to help me refine these aspects, please I would love to hear them. Want to make sure this is nice and polished when we open.

Mimic_Angel's Husband

Generous Friend

8,975 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200
Bump before I head home

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash