Welcome to Gaia! ::

so how much would you charge someone for art like this?

5k 0.63636363636364 63.6% [ 7 ]
10k 0.18181818181818 18.2% [ 2 ]
15k 0.18181818181818 18.2% [ 2 ]
20k 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
more? 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes:[ 11 ]

Aged Informer

a drawing of this avi
User Image
http://fav.me/d41bps0
I haven't had the patience to learn digital art yet. sorry. Its all traditional.
I can do colored as well. feel free to brows my DA.

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
30k? im horrible at pricing
Shanna is probably about right. It COULD be worth more, however the photography is lacking, it's horribly lit, and not a very well focus photograph of the art. You could probably toss up to 100K or more if you did a better job of photographing/scanning. And this is based on ALL of the drawn art in your DA not just that one.

The best piece in there is the lion makeup but your camera is set wrong, likely the ISO, because there is so much noise in that photo it's hard to tell if you did stippling or smooth gradients for the shading (I am betting on smooth because it LOOKS like the same noise that's in the background)

That said... I probably wouldn't buy it but there are a number of people I am sure would....

Aged Informer

Fuin Elda
Shanna is probably about right. It COULD be worth more, however the photography is lacking, it's horribly lit, and not a very well focus photograph of the art. You could probably toss up to 100K or more if you did a better job of photographing/scanning. And this is based on ALL of the drawn art in your DA not just that one.

The best piece in there is the lion makeup but your camera is set wrong, likely the ISO, because there is so much noise in that photo it's hard to tell if you did stippling or smooth gradients for the shading (I am betting on smooth because it LOOKS like the same noise that's in the background)

That said... I probably wouldn't buy it but there are a number of people I am sure would....

oh I was just talking about avi art. and all those avi arts are old. I have a scanner now. and my camera hates me.. I try everything and it just hates me. If I were being paid, I'd make sure the visual quality is waaaay better than that lol I just havn't had time and patience for it till now. I need to get some new examples uploaded D: but thank you very much :] I didn't think it could be worth that much ._.
Zinth Vien
Fuin Elda

oh I was just talking about avi art. and all those avi arts are old. I have a scanner now. and my camera hates me.. I try everything and it just hates me. If I were being paid, I'd make sure the visual quality is waaaay better than that lol I just havn't had time and patience for it till now. I need to get some new examples uploaded D: but thank you very much :] I didn't think it could be worth that much ._.

Well if that is all your 'old work' you really need to post newer stuff in order to get a proper quote. And scanning is ALWAYS the safest way to go. People LOVE clean work, that is why digital does so well here on gaia, there is no chance of smudges where there shouldn't be... no rimples in the paper etc. You will not get paid 100K simply promising way better presentation. You have to prove it to people on here 3nodding

Aged Informer

Fuin Elda
Zinth Vien
Fuin Elda

Well if that is all your 'old work' you really need to post newer stuff in order to get a proper quote. And scanning is ALWAYS the safest way to go. People LOVE clean work, that is why digital does so well here on gaia, there is no chance of smudges where there shouldn't be... no rimples in the paper etc. You will not get paid 100K simply promising way better presentation. You have to prove it to people on here 3nodding

I know D: I was just wondering what if I did get back into my art and tried to sell it. I will definitely be getting more examples now that I have time.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff