Welcome to Gaia! ::

Like the idea?

Yes, I do believe so! [LIKE IT] 0.86458333333333 86.5% [ 83 ]
It's alright, I have something that can make it better! [POST] 0.020833333333333 2.1% [ 2 ]
No, it will get eaten alive. 0.11458333333333 11.5% [ 11 ]
Total Votes:[ 96 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 103 104 105 > >> »|

I never thought about any of that. O___O

But when you said that I instantly came up with a couple things. xD

The children grow up in their individual stronghold, yes, but they can visit their parents at any time. Since it's mostly one big area that they can encompass, they're parents could be right down the street, or for the Dovaa, their parents are just down the cobblestone road to the living quarters.

As far as the clans go, they are born clan-less obviously and their parents can pressure them into joining their clan, but some parents are more relaxed. All in all, it's the individual's choice. Much like going to college. Your parents can pressure you to go to college and get an education, or tell you which college they want you to go to, but in the end, it's your decision, type thing.

As far as the clans go with the other clans, I do think that they compete. It's just like different schools basketball/football teams competing to be the best school at sports, or academics, or what have you. Most clans are equal, considering there are thousands of Dovaa out there over all.

I already kind of had this in my mind at one point, but the clans kind of view each other as equals, for the most part. Of course, some Dovaa will get cocky and try and 'prove' that they are the best, though in the teacher's and instructor's eyes, all clans are of equal standing. Some Dovaa see it, other's don't.

Though in respect to other races, Dovaa try and be 'superior' in a way. Just like the others do. Like the Dovaa race is superior to the Oblivionites and Orderites, just like in the teaching of Oblivionites, they are the superior race and so on. Obviously, some characters will understand that everyone is equal, others won't and will try and be the best. It's mostly up to individual characters.
PyroGoth
OUO ...I can't find the b/c thread orz!

As of right now, this is the main thread. xD We'll be opening up once everything is settled. We may have an event or two here in this thread to gain interest, and once I think we have a good set of people, I'll open it up! ^-^

Dapper Noob

User Image

I'll update the guild with some clan information haha.

Sparkly Hoarder

Awesome thanks. XD *always asks the odd questions* XDD

So would inter-clan breeding be common in the Dovaa? Another up to the individual type thing (do they see the other clans as true equals, etc)?

Also, does each clan have a leader or are all clan members equal?

Dapper Noob

User Image

Oh yes, inter-clan breeding is very common, though some people like to keep a 'pure bred' Dovaa, but it's just who you fall in love with. :3 (Already had that much made up and breeding is in the works!)

They have 1 leader of the entire race, Marcus Ysaride. They have individual teachers for each of the clans, but they don't have names or anything like that yet. It's more freestyle as to how you go about learning. You could have a totally different teacher for teaching you the powers of fire from someone else. Sometimes, you just make friends and those friends will teach you. :3

And don't worry about asking questions, it just makes everything more clear. ^-^

Sparkly Hoarder

Cool. (Yay breeding! XD)

If I think of any more while I brainstorm, I'll be sure to ask. XD

Dapper Noob

User Image

Yes yes yes, breeding is a fun little thing. :3

Please do!! I always love getting questions. ^-^

Dapper Noob

User Image

*skitters around*
This looks interesting. =D

Dapper Noob

User Image

Aww, thanks. ^-^ I appreciate it! ^___^ <3

Sparkly Hoarder

*thought of another* XD

How do the Dovaa view their clan's dragon? They fight them still, I gather, but do they acknowledge any link?

Dapper Noob

User Image

Actually, that thought had crossed my mind at one point. When the world was created, and the new races came in, most all dragons became very protective of their homeland. As you said, they do still fight. There isn't any acknowledgement between the two that says, "Hey, we're more alike than you think." Because of what happened in the beginning. The dragon's despise the Dovaa, almost more than the other races because of the fact that they are similar. Like, Abronaxus created the Dovaa after he created the Dragons. They feel left aside to live their own life while the creator had to 'recreate' them to 'improve' them. That's how they feel. More animosity towards the Dovaa than most any other race I would think.

Sparkly Hoarder

Cool! Poor dragons... they had this lovely world and then these humanoids showed up and started screwing it all up...

Dapper Noob

User Image

Yeah. :'[

It's very sad really...I was sad to make it happen that way for their sake, but now everything has just gone downhill after the creation of humans.

Sparkly Hoarder

Two legs bad! Four legs good!

(Cookie for those who get the reference!)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff