Welcome to Gaia! ::

Decient, semi orrigional idea?

Yup 0.76923076923077 76.9% [ 10 ]
Nope 0.23076923076923 23.1% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 13 ]
1 2 3 >

The Idea

I've seen a ton of egg breedibles and egg changibles out there, and I got to thinking about the old school project, the egg babies.

My idea is to take that a step farther.

Stages

In the first stage, prospecting buyers would choose facial features from a list for their eyes (like people do with their eggs and markers). They would then buy their eggs the neccessities that they think their eggs need, with different blankets, toys, and foods available to pick from.

The next stage of this egg depends all on how well the parents take care of their eggs through roleplay. The eggs fate depends fully on the parent, from just turning into scrambled eggs or a stink bomb, to becoming a young animal to grow farther.

The minimum hatching time would be one week, maximum 2, and stages after that would depend on the type of creature, and the amount of care recieved.

Roleplay
Each pet will have a journal, started by me. It's the owners job to rp with their pet at least once every other day, unless otherwise arranged (due to vacations, work schedual, etc). The journal will be judged by frequency and lenght of interactions to determine what the egg will turn out to be.

Classes
I hope to have classes in the shop to choose from, with a buyer choosing lizard, bird, humanoid, etc. The quality of the end result, along with the type of creature raised will be determined by myself and/or the line artist assigned to the project based on roleplay, and no two eggs will likely turn out the exact same.

I hope to have at least two classes available per flat sale, with a limit of five-ten eggs per class, depending on the lineartist's prefferences, and my own.

Some classes are:
Lizard
Bird
Canine
Feline
Aquatic

If you have suggestions for more, please post them.
Updates:

5/04 Updated hiring area with suggested prices, and paying policy.
5/02 I will put up examples once there are 10 votes yes, and I probably will update them again once I get my tablet to draw with.
5/01 Thread was started
4/30 Idea was formed
Examples:

Coming soon!

(when enough interest is expressed)
Help Wanted:

Right now I know I will probably need a line artist for some of the advanced stages.

Quote:
Name:
Time online/week:
Examples:
Expected pay percentage:

I also could use some help with coloring:

Quote:
Name:
Time online/week:
Examples:
Expected pay percentage:

I understand that I will be contacted later about doing an example on lineart done for this shop

And a certist is a definate must, preferably a cert that is either simple enough to edit in something similar to photoshop, or a certist who is willing to edit the cert themselves (I do not have photoshop; and though I have something similar, it is not compatable):

Quote:
Name:
Time online/week:
Examples:
Expected pay percentage:
Willing to edit each cert themselves: y/n (with yes will consider paying more)
Willing to make a cert that will be fairly editable in something besides photoshop: y/n

My Suggested Pay chart, at the moment (able to be negotiated)
Line Artist:30%
Colorist: 40%
Certist: 20%
Owner: 10%

Price will be per sale that each individual worked on. Certist can have 20% or a flat fee, whichever they wish. Line artists have to do the line art on what was sold to get the pay for it, colorists, same, and if you do both, you get more. If the owner has done lineart, or colored the art, then each other position gets a 10% hike.
Applications:

Hirees:
Helpful comments/ Suggestions

Quote:
Maybe if you miss one day you can make it up the next with two posts. (one a day being too much)
-Pink_Sapphire
Quote:
----> My response- Perhaps weigh both amount of posts, and word count. If you miss one or two, its fine just as long as your rps are decent. Also, the one a day minimum would be for optimal pet status, not scrambled eggs.
feel free to post your opinion now
I like the idea, but I think one roleplay post a day minimum is a bit much. The equivalent of one post a day might work, e.g. you can't get on Gaia for some reason one day so you make two posts the next. Not everyone can get on Gaia every day, sometimes real life gets in the way, and I think that that sort of commitment might put people off buying one.
(minimum for optimal child... not minimum for not scrambled egg... hehe) but I agree, I wasn't sure because one a week, and it would take a long time for the care to hatch an egg, and one a day is too much... I was planning to weigh the results on amount of posts, and overall wordcount for the final descision... I was also thinking about categories to choose from for eggs... like bird, reptile, fish, etc, and then the type of animal is within that categorie.. to make it a tad more predictable.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff