Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hi all! I just started Gaia yesterday and I'd like to start selling art to make gold, but I have no idea how much anything is worth. Any input on how much I should price my work would be very helpful!

half body, pencil:
User Image

half body, pencil + flat color:
User Image

A Policeman's Pardner

Space Giver

I guess you have time to plan your prices till you can get a trading pass unless you mean you already joined but just "started" yesterday sweatdrop

I want to say 25billion-ehh 30bil for the pencil (if you are doing fullbodies it'll obviously have to be more)

pencil with flat color 50bil and you can add on to that depending on complexity and junk

these can be minimum prices in most cases if you really want to know what people think of your art just make a bribe shop in the art shops and don't post a min
people will post their offers and typically you pick the highest or the one with a character or avatar that inspires you or you just like XD
hope i helped a bit
Is an Astronaut
I guess you have time to plan your prices till you can get a trading pass unless you mean you already joined but just "started" yesterday sweatdrop

I want to say 25billion-ehh 30bil for the pencil (if you are doing fullbodies it'll obviously have to be more)

pencil with flat color 50bil and you can add on to that depending on complexity and junk

these can be minimum prices in most cases if you really want to know what people think of your art just make a bribe shop in the art shops and don't post a min
people will post their offers and typically you pick the highest or the one with a character or avatar that inspires you or you just like XD
hope i helped a bit

Wow yes that's extremely helpful, thanks for all the info! Hahah I'm still not used to Gaia having such crazy inflated gold values, so charging a billion+ for art sounds nuts to me. o:

And yeah I have to wait 2 more days for a trading pass, which I didn't realize until after I had already made this board :'c

Is a bribe shop like an auction then, where you can just pick the highest bidder? (Sorry for the dumb questions, I'm still not used to Gaia terminology!)

A Policeman's Pardner

Space Giver

Gorgoneion

Yeah inflation isn't too fun.

Ah it's nothing to worry about I would say you could still go ahead and do a shop since most artist draw on the side so in a day or two they are done with all those orders. However people still are well people and you can't always depend on the honor code.

Sorta,

Like if i posted in your shop it would probably be like

" Could you draw my current avi/avatar for 30bil?"

Some people provide tektek/item list of their avatars just in case you can't make out a certian item because of hair or other accessories. Most of the time people post links to their characters or pictures under these
i've seen these things on others sites so you may be familiar
so they don't page stretch.

with auctions you only take the higest bidder in some auctions i've seen people take a highest and second highest bidder which i didn't know you could do heh.
Is an Astronaut

Ah it's nothing to worry about I would say you could still go ahead and do a shop since most artist draw on the side so in a day or two they are done with all those orders. However people still are well people and you can't always depend on the honor code.

Sorta,

Some people provide tektek/item list of their avatars just in case you can't make out a certian item because of hair or other accessories. Most of the time people post links to their characters or pictures under these

with auctions you only take the higest bidder in some auctions i've seen people take a highest and second highest bidder which i didn't know you could do heh.

Oh that's a lot of really helpful info, thanks so much again! <3

A Policeman's Pardner

Space Giver

Gorgoneion
Is an Astronaut

Sorta,

Oh that's a lot of really helpful info, thanks so much again! <3

You're welcome, oh i almost forgot
the trade system you might of already found this out but this is just in case.
basically after you accept a request you ask that they "start" the trade
you finish the art and send them a watermarked version (so they won't run off with your work without paying) they should finish the trade and after you recieve the gold you send the unwatermarked/full sized version of the picture.
same rules apply to winners of auctions or if you were to buy art
Is an Astronaut

You're welcome, oh i almost forgot
the trade system you might of already found this out but this is just in case.
basically after you accept a request you ask that they "start" the trade
you finish the art and send them a watermarked version (so they won't run off with your work without paying) they should finish the trade and after you recieve the gold you send the unwatermarked/full sized version of the picture.
same rules apply to winners of auctions or if you were to buy art

Ah gotcha! Thanks for clarifying the whole commission process for me!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff