Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Fatcat

ChimeraDeimos

auto-buy is pretty much exactly what it says: it's the amount of gold that ends the auction before the time has run out! it puts a cap on how much people will bid to, as well. it's our dream amount >:]

Tipsy Werewolf

I can't wait to show you guys the themepic, about halfway done whee

Generous Phantom

croagunks
ChimeraDeimos

auto-buy is pretty much exactly what it says: it's the amount of gold that ends the auction before the time has run out! it puts a cap on how much people will bid to, as well. it's our dream amount >:]

Okay cool. So...one more thing. (feel like an idiot)

How does an auction shop work.

Do you draw what people request? Or do you draw something and they buy it?

Or...is it like someone requests something, we all draw that request and the person bids on the one they want?

OTL;;

Fashionable Fatcat

ChimeraDeimos

in short, they're bidding on your abilities. say, you're offering a sketchy headshot of whatever the winner wants and tell people "go!" whoever wants it the most is going to put up the most gold. does that makes sense?

Tipsy Werewolf

Generous Phantom

croagunks
ChimeraDeimos

in short, they're bidding on your abilities. say, you're offering a sketchy headshot of whatever the winner wants and tell people "go!" whoever wants it the most is going to put up the most gold. does that makes sense?

Right...uhm. No...I'm sorry. I feel so bad for not knowing. ughh.

Fashionable Fatcat

IslandMyths

oh golly I LOVE THIS ; o;!!!!

Chimera Deimos

no it's okay!! let's see, do you know how e-bay auctions work?

Tipsy Werewolf

croagunks

oh golly I LOVE THIS ; o;!!!!

thank you :> I'm still a bit unsure about the bat logo, but if it bugs me enough I can make it silver

ChimeraDeimos

not sure if this will help or not, but go to the auction page on gaia, read up on it, and then ask if you have any questions c:

Generous Phantom

croagunks

Not quite.
I mean. I think I'm mostly confused about the winner thing. How is the winner determined.
Who gets the art. What's the request...Idk..

I don't know why I'm having such a hard time grasping this. I really am sorry. I feel horrible. I mean, I'm looking through the guidelines and everything and I'm still confuzzled...and I'm even looking at other joint auctions.

I feel terrible for not being able to grasp the idea. Usually I can easily understand things. I don't know what's going on with me right now.

Fashionable Fatcat

ChimeraDeimos

please don't feel bad! there's a first for everyone.
the winner is not up to us. the winner is whoever bids the most non-retractable gold.
let me lay it out for you:
we start the auction on the first of october. the auction ends october 31st. multiple people may bid, but the only person who gets art and the only person who pays us is the last person to make a bid, which is presumably the most gold that has been offered.
as for what you're actually drawing, this is when it gets to be much like an art shop. once someone wins the auction, it's like they're buying from a shop. they respect your guidelines and you draw whatever they ask of you, keeping in mind what you offered. (say, if the bidder bids 100k and you say you'd do a sketchy headshot for 50k-100k, you draw a their character as a sketchy headshot.)

Generous Phantom

croagunks
ChimeraDeimos

please don't feel bad! there's a first for everyone.
the winner is not up to us. the winner is whoever bids the most non-retractable gold.
let me lay it out for you:
we start the auction on the first of october. the auction ends october 31st. multiple people may bid, but the only person who gets art and the only person who pays us is the last person to make a bid, which is presumably the most gold that has been offered.
as for what you're actually drawing, this is when it gets to be much like an art shop. once someone wins the auction, it's like they're buying from a shop. they respect your guidelines and you draw whatever they ask of you, keeping in mind what you offered. (say, if the bidder bids 100k and you say you'd do a sketchy headshot for 50k-100k, you draw a their character as a sketchy headshot.)

Okay..okay.

So. I think I got the gist of it...now that you said all that...

Now...
Whoever bid the highest by the end of the auction gets to choose what they want from all of us? And we all draw what they requested?

Like, we all draw for the winner?

Also. Like you said, they pick what style they want from each artist, and pay them accordingly??

Fashionable Fatcat

ChimeraDeimos

yes, all seven of us draw for that same winner! presumably, the winner will message each of us telling us their request. it may be the same, it may not be. that's between artist and winner.
not exactly-- in the case of a joint auction, like this one, the winning bid is split as evenly as possible seven ways. say, if someone bid 14mil, we'd each get 2mil. (that's happened before to me-- very exciting!) let me give you an example of an offer tree, which are sometimes used in auctions:
•100k-500k: waist up flat color
•500k-1mil: full body flat color
•1mil-2mil: full body shaded, minimal background
•2.1mil+: full body shaded, full background + bonus chibi :3

in such an offer tree, if the winning bid lies between 500k and 1 mil, the winner will get a full flat color. no exceptions. that does NOT mean that the winner will get both a waist and a full. JUST the full.
it's up to you whether or not you want to provide an offer tree in a joint auction, or just provide one option no matter what the winning bid ends up being.

Generous Phantom

croagunks
ChimeraDeimos

yes, all seven of us draw for that same winner! presumably, the winner will message each of us telling us their request. it may be the same, it may not be. that's between artist and winner.
not exactly-- in the case of a joint auction, like this one, the winning bid is split as evenly as possible seven ways. say, if someone bid 14mil, we'd each get 2mil. (that's happened before to me-- very exciting!) let me give you an example of an offer tree, which are sometimes used in auctions:
•100k-500k: waist up flat color
•500k-1mil: full body flat color
•1mil-2mil: full body shaded, minimal background
•2.1mil+: full body shaded, full background + bonus chibi :3

in such an offer tree, if the winning bid lies between 500k and 1 mil, the winner will get a full flat color. no exceptions. that does NOT mean that the winner will get both a waist and a full. JUST the full.
it's up to you whether or not you want to provide an offer tree in a joint auction, or just provide one option no matter what the winning bid ends up being.

Oh okay.
So does the offer tree prices include all of us together?

Will we have an offer tree?

Tipsy Werewolf

Fashionable Fatcat

ChimeraDeimos

there won't be a collective offer tree, no, but if you want to provide one for yourself and yourself only, you may. the one a gave you as an example is the one i usually use for most auctions, so i will be using one. that doesn't mean you have to! that doesn't mean anyone has to! that's just the way i like to do business. it's all a matter of preference.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff