Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxA lighthearted magical cat themed bcp

... T.o.c & Updates
            ... Rules
            ... The Pets
            ... Ownership
            ... Hiring & Applicants
            ... Links
            ... Contests

Updates
            18 || 11 || 14 || Set up thread
            20 || 01 || 15 || All stages & Shop Mascot coloured ready for a thread revival!
User Image

... derp
            ... derp
            ... derp
            ... derp
            ... derp
            ... derp
            ... derp

User Image

★ ... Life cycle
        Jemkatz are a fast aging race, reaching maturity within a matter of weeks - though not wisdom. The incubational gem stage lasts between 3 days and a week before the kitten emerges, upright and capable of limited speech. As Jemkatz have superior eyesight during their forming childhood they keep their eyes closed as much as possible to avoid damage to the still developing organ. They reach adulthood within one or two weeks after, making a cycle of roughly a month to reach adulthood. Jemkatz live to be roughly 15-30 years depending on lifestyle and physical health.

★ ... Gender differences
        Typically male jemkatz are slightly larger in size than females, they retain most of their cat like tendencies such as sharp teeth and long furr, most prominent on the cheeks, legs and chest when they are younger. Apart from this males tend to have more muscular forearms. Females tend to be smaller in size with wide hips. They sport two circles on their cheeks which, prior to domestication, were used to attract a mate, acting as scent glands which also 'marked' the chosen mate as spoken for. Lastly females have a softer tuft of long furr covering the wrists and ankles.

★ ... Physical attributes
        Jemkats reach roughly 130cm at adulthood, give or take abnormalities and gender differences. Typically Jemkatz are a purebred species but on occasion there can be unusual traits resulting from inter-species breeding or genetic abnormalities. These can include various wing types attached to heels, back, head or even hips, horns of various size, colour and shape unusual tails ranging from very fluffy, short, absent, aquatic or even leathery! There may be other abnormalities that are undiscovered.

★ ... History 101
        600 or so years ago The Jemkatz lived on an isolated planet very far away called Crystalkat, much of its history and lore is no longer known other than that it is the birthplace of this strange species and it is believed that the lifeforce of the planet was what first transmuted gems into living creatures. It is believed a large number of gems or Jemkatz crash landed on Gaia/Earth and the alien species was forced to adapt. Since then they've come a long way and there are no remaining generations which remember the planet Crystalkat - only stories passed down. The Jemkatz adapted remarkably well to their new home and along with humanity ( and everything else who calls this place home ) they went along with progress.

★ ... Culture
        Jemkatz have adapted to many culture and languages, some like the wild and some like the city. In general they always love to dress up a little bit and adapt the clothing and fashions of the world around them, attracted to pleasurable fabrics and shiny trinkets, and of course they are lovers of fine cuisine! There is however only one true instinct which all Jemkatz follow and it is the call to be with others of their kind. They tend to live in groups or neighborhoods where they can interact with others who understand them. There is a religion within some circles which worship or pay homage to the original planet Crystalkat and their ancient ancestors who may live on yet but it is an optional religion which above all preaches respect to all that is around you and to not dwell on things that could have been. Mated Jemkatz usually hold small ceremonies with friends and family to pledge love to their mates. Since their breeding ritual has no bearing on the physical traits of the genders all Jemkatz are free to mate with whomever they should choose

★ ... Attributes
        Quick to learn any language the Jemkatz are smart race with a knack for learning, if it so suits them. Their personalities are varied and unique and despite their need to be around others of their kind doesn't always mean they're social with everyone. Physically they are disposed to flight more than fight and can run many miles at high speed without tiring, though it is best to do so on all four paws. Their eyesight and hearing are impeccable, even at night, and sharper than any humans - it's very hard to sneak up on a Jemkat unless they're sleeping! Male or female can both lift up to two times their own weight and both species have retractable claws.
User Image

★ ... Prices & Availability
              Every month there will be 1-2 events usually consisting of the typical flatsale, auction, raffle, contest variety and each event will detail the individual rules which apply. Other than auctions, customs and raffles the price for a Jemkat will be up to the new owner, simply send what you believe it is worth!

★ ... Expectations
              In order to own a jemkat it is assumed that by owning one you are showing interest in the shop. It is expected owners will pop by into the thread every once in a while, even just to bump. Roleplay is of course more than encouraged and comes with perks such as children to mated parents, extended artwork and of course a fun community.

★ ... Customisation
              there will be a small amount of readily available accessories to customize your Jemkat with, simple things like a new pair of gloves, earrings, a headband, eye patch, bandages etc. etc. Each month I'll also post up customization opportunities to those who already own a jemkat. This will mostly entail clothing and special accessories but on occasion may include a different hairstyle or additional markings. All commissioned clothing will be drawn per request so you'll be getting an original new outfit for your precious little kitty. Prices will vary depending on difficulty of clothing.
User Image

★ ... Thread Manager
        aka. The useful one || full Custom pet, 2 mill a month
        I can't be online all the time and frankly I can very easily got lost in events and sales. Your job is to make sure everyone plays nice as well as keeping the thread alive and updated and kicking me in the butt to get stuff done, you'll have an equal say in what happens and will probably be my go to to bounce ideas off of or ask opinions on upcoming art. You'll be sick of the role by the time the first sale ends.

[size=12.5][b]THREAD MANAGER [ INSERT USERNAME [/b][/size]
        [size=11][b]Contact[/b]: Pms, thread, skype <-- preferred
        [b]Experience[/b]: Worked for a bcp before? If yes please supply links.
        [b]Tell me a bit about you:[/b] Do you like bananas? IT'S IMPORTANT!
        [b]How do you think you'll contribute?[/b]
        [b]What do you think of the shop so far?[/b] [size]

User Image

Add Us!

[url="http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/pricing-and-suggestions/jemkatz-bcp-i-t-revival-contests/t.94878723/"][img]http://i62.tinypic.com/6t2qgj.png[/img][/url]

[url="http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/pricing-and-suggestions/jemkatz-bcp-i-t-revival-contests/t.94878723/"][img]http://i59.tinypic.com/2lt3otg.jpg[/img][/url]

Links out!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

CONTESTS
[Gonna pretty this up later lolz ]

In an effort to kick start the thread I'll be holding 2 contests! You can enter both as many times as you like, they are as follows!

Advertising contest - pretty simple, the more people who come in and attribute you as their referral, the more points you get. So chuck a banner in your signature, pimp us out to your friends and each person is a point! The person with the most points on the 20th of Febuary wins a prize! Just get your referrals to post;

Quote:
'I was referred by [ Username ], give them a kat!'

Participants

---

Semi-Custom Milestones
Every person to post on the 50th consecutive page ( 50, 100, 150 etc. etc. ) will get a semi-custom for FREE

Full Custom Contest
I'm looking to add unique lineart kats to the lineup for special events but I'm stuck as to what to do for the moment. Unique lines will only be for very rare cats so the sky is the limit, 6 wings on fire with a dragon tail and am horns? Er....ok sure buddy! Come up with the most unique idea ( that would also be..aesthetically pleasing? ) and the unique lined full custom is yours! Just send a message to me with all the details of what you have in mind.

Open to posting!

Timid Hellraiser

Is it open!!?? I hope it is open... Looks open!!!
          gosh... where is the stalk button... oh, right. //hits subscribe
          you and those adorbs cat are going to have a verrrry hard time getting rid of me, just sayin'~
oh so Sweet Revenge
          Is it open!!?? I hope it is open... Looks open!!!
          gosh... where is the stalk button... oh, right. //hits subscribe
          you and those adorbs cat are going to have a verrrry hard time getting rid of me, just sayin'~

Daww yay! This is what I put my hand to after deciding I was no good coloring your ponies @_@ I don't have the creativity for markings and the like - clothing everywhere! Thanks for coming by though, we should link up or some shizz!

Timid Hellraiser

Rainbow Lime

can't blame ya~
          i don't do much drawing myself but clothing and cute ears are more my steam!
          try and make me design markings on any animal for too long... there is going to be a verrrrrry obvious repetitive pattern...
          XP I'm sure your pattern would be more than A, B & Repeat, though!

We should... except I haven't heard from Kovak in a while... don't know what is going on! PX
          hope things work out but it is only an i/t without a plot, sadly.
          I will continue to stalk around here for sure~

tell ya the truth, didn't place ya until you said something about ponies...
          the jemkatz drew my eye soooo much that i put off sleeping! XP
          of course, that means i have sleep brain which makes me ramble and still hit the submit button.

Timid Hellraiser

good evening~ c:
Morning thread!

Timid Hellraiser

hello hello!
          how are you today?? c:
I'm good thanks! This forum sure moves slow though!

Yourself?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces