Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Vampire

User Image

THE GUILD

Welcome to the Ilosia Interest Thread. Things are in the rough stages at the moment, so excuse the mess!

Things needed:

- Colorists
- Map

Dapper Vampire

User Image

User Image

Foal Stage - 2 weeks - Teen Stage - 2 weeks - Adult Stage

The Ilon are a race of magical horse-like creatures. They possess powers given to them by the land of Ilosia itself. What powers they possess depend on their parents' lineage. There are some cases where an Ilon is born without magic and possesses no spikes because of this. These Ilon are not necessarily looked down upon, but are considered a burden to any herd they may manage to join.

The Magics of Ilosia

Ordered from the most common to the rarest forms of magic.

Air → Earth → Water → Fire → Shadow → Light

Air: Air users can create small bursts of wind by flicking their tail. They also gain an extra burst of speed. Air users are not the best fighters and their powers are mostly for creating a distraction and running away.

Earth: Earth users are able to shift the ground they walk on by channeling their magic through their clawed front feet. They can also feel the slightest vibrations in the ground caused by the movement of others. What they lack in speed, they make up for in defense.

Water: Water users can manipulate small amounts of water with their mind. This takes a lot of concentration, which leaves them vulnerable in a bad situation. They are fastest in water, being very agile swimmers. Because of their need to be near water to use their magic, you'll almost never see a water-using Ilon anywhere remotely dry.

Fire: Fire users can breathe streams of fire from their mouths. They can dole out a lot of damage, but become exhausted extremely quickly. They do best in dry conditions, and their body temperature runs unnaturally high.

Shadow: Shadow users are one of the rarest magic users besides Light. They are Ilon who were either born into the land as another elemental user and then cursed by Draco's magic, or are born to already-cursed shadow users.They are distinguishable from other Ilon because of the inky black shadows that follow and cling to them. They can hide themselves in the shadows and possess a poisonous bite, making them worthy adversaries. They aren't the friendliest bunch.

Light: Light users are one of the rarest magic users. They have the ability to heal wounds and sicknesses, but possess no offensive magic. They have no spikes, but possess a single, long horn on their heads. For this reason, they are usually picked off by the Shadow users, which is why there are so few.

Dapper Vampire

User Image

Once upon a time, the Goddess Ilosia was given a gift from her father for her 18th birthday. Thinking her responsible enough, he entrusted her with a world of her own to watch over. Within this land, there lived creatures that she called Ilon, after her father. She adored these creatures, frequrently coming to their aid when they were hurt, and gifting them with magic of their own to keep them safe. The land prospered under her care. Her lovely Ilon were her pride and joy.

When her father passed away several years later, Ilosia's mother, quite the bitter goddess, had Ilosia married off to a dark warrior. The warrior by the name of Draco quickly became jealous of his wife's attachment to the other world. One night, he came to the land and spread his dark magic throughout it. Ilon that were previously docile and kind, were polluted and overcome with a fierce urge to fight one another.

Awoken by the cries of her creatures, Ilosia came to her world to find it wrought with darkness and violence. Seeking out the source of her world's anguish, she fought her husband alongside an army of her magic-wielding Ilon that had been unaffected by Draco's curse.

After Draco's eventual defeat, Ilosia expected his dark magic to disapate. It did not.

Watching her beloved world crumble around her, Ilosia made a choice. Using the last of her magic, she cleansed the land of the dark matter. With her last breath, she cursed her husband, turning him into one of the creatures he had tormented. Despite Ilosia's best efforts, Draco was still able to keep some of his magic in Ilon form. This was the birth of the shadow-using Ilon. Draco was able to escape and rally the Ilon that he had infected. Forming a dark army, he waged war across the land for many years.

With the land ravaged by battles, the Ilon of various elements banded together for a final fight. Countless lives were lost, but the battle was won. The next few days were spent recovering from the severe loss. Friends and family slain, their goddess gone, hope had all but abandoned the Ilon until one sunny morning.

A small herd of unfamiliar Ilon entered the clearing. They did not have the usual spikes of the Ilon or the shadowy entities around them like the shadow Ilon. They each had a long, single horn protruding from their heads and they exuded pure magic. These were the light users, said to be sent to the land by Ilosia's spirit. They possessed incredible healing abilities and were able to help the suffering population.

All thought that it would be the end of strife in the land, but it seems it won't be that easy...

Shadow users have steadily begun picking off light users, leaving their numbers scarce. Ilon are wary of one another, and more have broken away from their previous herds. The land is a shell of what it once was. Ilosia's spirit watches in anguish from the heavens as her creatures lose trust and hope.

Dapper Vampire

User Image

Custom Info to come soon ...

User Image

01. The Ilon reproduce with the help of magic.
02. This means that any coupling, heterosexual or homosexual, is allowed in Ilosia.
03. A typical breeding produces 2-3 foals.
04. A lifemated breeding produces 2-4 foals.
05. In the event that an Ilon is RPed enough to receive a RP bonus, the bonus may be used to add an extra foal to the original number rolled.
06. Breedings cost 5k per parent, 10k in all.
07. All partners must post in the breeding permissions thread before posting in a colorist's breeding thread.

Dapper Vampire

User Image

Right now Ilosia is looking for 2 full-time colorists and 2-3 part-time colorists.

Colorists
Overall Requirements:
- Must be able to use .psd files and handle layers/transparency effectively
- Must have all stages of a pet colored and submitted to the photobucket before they are sold

Full-Time Requirements:
- Must color at least 3 flatsale pets per month
- Must have at least 2 Custom/Breedings slots open a month (No more than 4)
- Must be able to submit around 2-3 pets for events as needed
- Should be able to edit

Part-Time Requirements:
- Must color at least 2 flatsale pets per month
- Must have at least 1 Custom/Breeding slot open a month (No more than 2)
- Must be able to submit 1-2 pets for events as needed

Colorist Perks:
- All Colorists receive 100% of the gold they make from any pet they color (Unless the pet is submitted for a freebie event - in which case there is no gold)
- Colorists may color one custom pet for themselves each month (these can also be given away to friends)
- Colorists will be allowed to participate in all shop events

Form:
- Fill out the following form to apply for a Colorist position

[b][color=red][size=18]Colorist here![/size][/color][/b]
[size=9][b]Username: [/b]
[b]How many hours do you spend on Gaia?:[/b]
[b]Applying for Full-Time or Part-Time?: [/b]
[b]Shops you work at now or have worked at in the past:[/b]
[b]Coloring Samples:[/b]
[b]Editing samples:[/b]
[b]Why do you want to work at Ilosia?:[/b][/size]

Pending Applications:

Quote:
Colorist here!
Username: Shad-O 1315
How many hours do you spend on Gaia?: I live here. emotion_dowant (10+ hours daily)
Applying for Full-Time or Part-Time?: Part time but can probably color full time amount most of the time.
Shops you work at now or have worked at in the past: I own and run The Lights of Ha'Raidu
Coloring Samples: [x] [X] [x]
Editing samples: [x] [X] [x]
Why do you want to work at Ilosia?:Because I love the lines and am seeking to add variety to my coloring works so i don't get burnt out just coloring for my shop. Plus i stalked the auction and will be stalking this place anyway so might as well help while i'm here! XD

Quote:
Colorist here!
Username: xKOVAKtheWOLFx
How many hours do you spend on Gaia?: 8 hours? ..school.
Applying for Full-Time or Part-Time?: full
Shops you work at now or have worked at in the past: Wild & Broken [owner] ; Project Reformation [part] ; The Calling Summoners [part?] ; The Lucky Hooves [past - might revamp it] ; The Uma [past] ; :: Howling Stars :: [past] ; Cuon Alpinus Dhole [past]
Coloring Samples: XxXxX XxXxX XxXxX XxXxX XxXxX XxXxX XxXxX
Editing samples: XxXxX XxXxX XxXxX XxXxX XxXxX
Why do you want to work at Ilosia?: I see that the lines are awfully adorable. With these, I can see easy coloring since the template looks simple. Basically, it would look like fun to color these!<3

Quote:
Colorist here!
Username: Tirokio
How many hours do you spend on Gaia?: At least 2 a day, more on weekends :3
Applying for Full-Time or Part-Time?: Part time
Shops you work at now or have worked at in the past: TLN
Coloring Samples: [x][x][x]
Editing samples: [x][x][x]
Why do you want to work at Ilosia?: The lines are super cute and I adore strange little creatures :3

Quote:
Colorist here!
Username: marchosias the sovereign.
How many hours do you spend on Gaia?: Quite a while. When I'm not working, all day? When I do work, I'm on the evenings until early morning.
Applying for Full-Time or Part-Time?: Full.
Shops you work at now or have worked at in the past: Fallen Stars and Alabastia as an artist. o:
Coloring Samples: http://i.imgur.com/GJQNq.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/8P9uQ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/3rgvI.jpg
All these include edits as well. Other coloring/art examples can be found at my tumblr.
Why do you want to work at Ilosia?: Lines are adorable and nnngh. Just lovely. Also I'd love to get some more experience coloring!

Accepted Applications:

Quote:
Colorist here!
Username: Nyao-chan
How many hours do you spend on Gaia?: Probably more than is healthy, but most of that is lurking...I can't really do small talk and only hop into convos if it's something I relate to...
Applying for Full-Time or Part-Time?: Part-time for now
Shops you work at now or have worked at in the past: Currently own and am the primary colorist for Plains of A'veron (kind of dead at the moment...partly my faul, and partly because my owner's keep disappearing and it's discouraging...). Have a couple others upcoming (the owlface things and some other lines). Also an as-I-feel-like-it colorist at Kell's.
Coloring Samples: [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
Editing samples: I generally don't do edits because they take me forever and I don't really have the patience, but here:
[x] [x] [x] (actual lines...was just playing with the sketch on that one for practice)
Why do you want to work at Ilosia?: Not going to lie, I just want to color all the things...>.>. I also like the lines <3

Quote:
Colorist here!
Username: Schicksalswende
How many hours do you spend on Gaia?: Too much. I get up at around Noon, and go to bed anywhere from Midnight, 1, or 2 am. I have no life.
Applying for Full-Time or Part-Time?: Either or.
Shops you work at now or have worked at in the past: N/A, that I can remember.
Coloring Samples: [ Green Tree Python ], [ Grey-Banded Kingsnake ], [ Backstripe Morph ], [ Piebald Ball Python ], and [ Regal Ringneck Snake ]
Editing samples: N/A
Why do you want to work at Ilosia?:
Because I saw this line art auction, and I was hoping that someone had a good motive to buy it. It seems like you've come up with a good background for the creatures, so, that makes me happy.

Quote:
Colorist here!
Username: Eranas
How many hours do you spend on Gaia?: When I'm not working long day almost 3 - 6 hours!
Applying for Full-Time or Part-Time?: I want to say Part time just because of school. But after school I'd love to be full~
Shops you work at now or have worked at in the past: Working on my own B/C, Pocket Monsters ( I do most of the Art there). The Asylum ( Hiatus) and a new verging B/C calle NEw Paragigm.
Coloring Samples: [Photobucket]
Editing samples: [Photobucket]
Why do you want to work at Ilosia?: As soon as I laid my eyes on this place ( Which was today orz) I thought how unique! The lines look interesting and different to work on. I hope to be able to help out even if it's just a few times a month. :'D

Quote:
Colorist here!
Username: Revien
How many hours do you spend on Gaia?: Too many
Applying for Full-Time or Part-Time?: Full
Shops you work at now or have worked at in the past: A crap ton that I dont remember, Jokoa, This is Halloween. Currently only work at This is Halloween but it's more a guest artist thing.
Coloring Samples: colour, lines+colour, lines+colours (lost uncerted whoops), lines+colours, lots of colours
Editing samples: Does having done the entire thing count close enough lmao? Here's my DA, you can check my crap there and here's something done (wip) on an actual B/C template.
Why do you want to work at Ilosia?: because look at dem bbs ; v;

This app is literally the SADEST OF SADS I havent worked on "real" lineart in ever but HNNG these things are so cute.

Dapper Vampire

User Image

User Image

Roll The Dice!

Roll 1 100-sided die

Female: You need to roll a 78 to win her!

Male: You need to roll a 68 to win him!

Dapper Vampire

User Image

User Image

[url=http://tinyurl.com/8r6qq75][img]http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz90/evilyukichan/Ilosiabanner.png[/img][/url]

Keep the banner in your signature to earn 1 point each day (Make sure to post that you're advertising so it's easy to keep track)! Refer someone to the thread to receive 2 points!

Instead of doing this as a contest where one person wins, I decided to make it so everyone can walk away with something!

10 points - 1 Ilon adult color palette custom
20 points - 1 Ilon adult full custom
30 points - 1 growing Ilon custom
40 points - 1 Ilosia Breeding token, to be used whenever you'd like

You can cash your points in at any time, just mail Yuki.

Point Holders

krusnik05 - 2 points
shyanimegrl - 0 points (10 cashed in)
angelgirl2345 - 9 points

Dapper Vampire

[Reserved]

Dapper Vampire

[Reserved]

Dapper Vampire

[Reserved]

Dapper Vampire

[Reserved]