Welcome to Gaia! ::

People count.

Add me! 1 100.0% [ 8 ]
Total Votes:[ 8 ]

I was just wondering ... do people usually make a lot of money when they open up an avi art shop? Hand drawn, not computer, persey. ^^

Do any of you out there have an avi art shop? How much do you usually make per drawing? How many customers do you typically get/have gotten?

Thank you. ^^
It depends on how well you draw and how fast you can do it. The speed thing isnt as big an issue, but I know for me it is. I take a million years to finish my drawings *dont tell my customers taht >.>* but its actually how i make my gaia living. It goes pretty well too ^_^

CherryRo's Waifu

Cuddly Lunatic

I tend to do random commissions and I just guess the prices. They're never too high =3 I usualy fill my slots in one night. I'm usually in the art freebies since i'm too lazy to do full colored stuff XD

Some people make tons of gold while others don't make much. It all depends on the style of art, popularity and the prices I suppose. I hope this helps. heart

Fluffy Bunny

It's kind of hard to make it big in R&C nowadays because there are so many shops offering all sorts of art. I'd say 80% of them aren't very high-end though, so if you do traditional art that has a great quality, it should be easy to succeed as long as you get the exposure (:

I ran a commish shop once, and it was pretty good. My slots filled up quickly despite my price being on a semi-high end. I closed it though... I get pressurized when I have to finish the artwork within a certain time limit ^^;
Mmm. Since I don't use Traditional Media I'm not entirely sure, but I do know that Pencil Sketches usually don't sell for much (~500g), but Copic Markers/Watercolor pieces of reasonable quality can sell quite nicely for a good sum of money. Obviously this depends significantly on the artist as well - if people like your art, then they'll be willing to pay more, and the same applies in the opposite situation.

I am currently running a commission shop (Which was established two days ago...=D) and selling for around 3k a CG chibi. All slots are full right now, so I suppose it's doing pretty well.

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces