Welcome to Gaia! ::

The old name of my shoppe was Onyxavian Illustrations. Should I change it?

Yes! (Please Specify) 0.33333333333333 33.3% [ 3 ]
No! 0.55555555555556 55.6% [ 5 ]
Duuuuuuuuuh GOLD! 0.11111111111111 11.1% [ 1 ]
Total Votes:[ 9 ]

MSPaint Chibi: I have to say I'm not in love with the style, but it's obviously good work. I'd pay 2-4k.

Face Shots B&W: HOMG Pretty. 4-5k.

Face Shots Color: The coloring looks like it was done on the computer, but it hurts the otherwise lovely lines. ._. 4-5k. That's pretty old though, so if you've improved your coloring methods I'd say 5-6k.

Partial Body, B&W: That sures looks like a lot of body on the first one... razz 7-8k.

Partial Body, Color: I like your colored pencils better than your CG. Add 2-3k for coloring to the B&W price if it's traditional style.

Full Body, B&W: One of those looks suspiciously like a group picture... 10-12k.

Full Body, Color: You're still corrupting your lines when you color your inked pieces on the computer. I would use the same price for B&W on CG color if that's still the case. Your pencils are still great, so add 3-4k for those.

Portrait-esque, B&W: Ooh, now that's some shinee pencil shading! Great hair! I'd say 5k and up depending on complexity(pretty big range, I know.. @__@)

Portrait-esque, Color: Although you seem like you are very good at painting, you may not be using a good computer program or you may not be using it to its full potential. The example is pretty blurry and looks like it has a few holes you'd need to clean up(hard to tell with a WIP though). Still, it's full color, and very nice, so 10k and up depending on complexity/size.

You obviously have a good grasp of coloring in general, and aren't lacking by any means in traditional department. I'm not surprised that your shop is popular. Remember that I'm pretty cheap when it comes to pricing; if my prices are less than or about the same as your shops, add 1-2k to each of YOUR price ranges. Good value doesn't matter much to a customer if you burn out and/or become too busy and have to close your shop.

As for your CGing, I'd like to know what you are currently using for your CG work. Depending on how much real money you get/plan on earning with your art, it might be wise to invest in a good program, or if you already have one, to learn how to use it well with preexisting traditional lineart and blank canvases. 3nodding
By the way, I voted yes in the poll... but then I found out it really IS spelled Onyx. I always get it wrong. @__@;
Actually, as far as "corrupting my lines" on CGing, I have no other programs to use other than Corel. Photoshop is far out of my price range. Other than that, on the full body ones, only one was CGed. The face one was a qick CG.

I actually have spent far over 10 hours on the WIP face one so I don't think 10k would be a fair amaount by far. I'd expect more than a colored-pencil full body for CGed realism.

Other than that, thanks for your help!

Anyone else?
Onyxavia
Actually, as far as "corrupting my lines" on CGing, I have no other programs to use other than Corel. Photoshop is far out of my price range. Other than that, on the full body ones, only one was CGed. The face one was a qick CG.

I actually have spent far over 10 hours on the WIP face one so I don't think 10k would be a fair amaount by far. I'd expect more than a colored-pencil full body for CGed realism.

Other than that, thanks for your help!

Anyone else?

Corel? You mean Painter? Yeah, that'd definately be the program I'd recommend for you. 3nodding I only ever did paintings from a blank canvas on that, though, so I wouldn't really know how to help. sweatdrop I wouldn't recommend Photoshop though, just because it's not much of a painting program. But anyway, I only mentioned corrupted lines because the lines on the CGed Fire Faery look jagged compared to the inked original. I don't know how that would have happened, but it was kinda a shame cause I really liked that CG otherwise, and I also really liked the lines on the original.

You mean the one in the face category? Yeah, I can understand that. 3nodding If you do something quickly it is going to look different.

Oh, I didn't realize you spent quite that much time on it. :O Well, I have painting amnesia I guess. It's been a long time since I used Painter(I had a trial and then my compy crashed @__@) but it does take a long time to paint something like that. It's also hard to tell how good it will look when it is still unfinished, with the hole in her forehead and the hair. I think when you are done it will look a lot better as a whole(art synergy! 8D) and would probably be worth more than 25k. I do have a bad habit of pricing things as I see them, so I mess up on WIP samples if I'm not careful. gonk Sorry about the low pricing on that one.
It's Corel Photohouse v. 3.0. It came free with my printer. It's about all I've got. sweatdrop

But other than that, I do understand. I plan on sharpening things up when I finish it - on the WIP. Right now, it's easier to keep things smooth because, if I go over into a different space, I can easily cover it up without too much worry on "oh no now I have to redo it." sweatdrop

I generally keep with traditional art medium, like watercolor, marker or prisma, because it's so much easier to work with. Most people say that gaians will pay less for prima/watercolor, etc

On the "quick" CG I assumed most people would get that after seeing the rest of my works. I only flat-color if I have a lack of time.

Rarook's Queen

Well, you certainly have beautiful work...

Hokies, lessee...

Chibi: 2k
B/W headshot: 4k (I would LOVE one, but I can't afford it. sweatdrop )
Colored Headshot: 5k?
B/W half body: 6k
Colored half body: 10k
B/W full body: 10k
Colored full body: 15k
B/W portrait: 3k
CGed portrait: 5k

Couples: Double the prices
Group: Price of couples + an additional 3k for each extra person
Add a Background: 5k

I'm not overly fond of the chibi or the portraits, to be honest. Also, I enjoy your colored work more when it isn't CGed. 3nodding It just seems to have more detail that way...

Also, I think something like this: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/25695812/

...could easily get you about 40k or so. heart Lovely work. heart

Best of luck to ya! ^^

I'd honestly adore a b/w headshot. ninja
As far as prices go, I second Tilty's post.

Your work is lovely. ^^; heart

You should let me know when you're taking orders.. XD I'll be in line for one, right away. <3
Adrastia
As far as prices go, I second Tilty's post.

Your work is lovely. ^^; heart

You should let me know when you're taking orders.. XD I'll be in line for one, right away. <3

I've scheduled myself to finish my commissions shortly before Christmas (I think my last work is due the 24th of December). After then, I'll probably post back up my shop.

Until then, I'm not taking any orders unless the offer is above and beyond what I'd normally take.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff