Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Cat

OMG LIKE DA?

SOUNDS AWESOME

I LOVE THE DA GROUPS QUQ

Dapper Fatcat

It wasn't anything serious. I've been feeling pretty well recently, though I've been having some ups and downs. (I had strep throat all last week... Wasn't fun.) I'm healing up pretty well too.

Ah, true enough. I'm hoping I'll be able to take on an internship somewhere along the line. I'm afraid I missed my first chance at one a year ago. (My graphic design teacher offered me one. Unfortunately, the location was a bit too much of a drive for me... So I turned it down.)

In any case, I'm guessing I'll still be in college till my 30's... Or almost till my 30's.
                                  I love going to college, but.. I'm getting to the point where I really wish I was able to get my college work done and over with. D;

Friendly Tycoon

Haha, hi Pyrororo~
Yep exactly, like the dA groups but hosted on Gaia 8D! *sparkles* I'm in one dA group atm, but a lot of the admin have been busy with other things, so the place has been pretty inactive since late 2011 "orz.

@Ichi - I'm glad it wasn't serious, but yikes, sounds like you've had a fair share of things to deal with lately : (. *hugs* That means it can only get better from here C:!

Yep, I'm sure they'll be more opportunities to come ^ ^. I would've made the same decision as you, I think. Although there are a lot more schools in the states and other provinces in Canada, staying near my family is really important to me, so I'd rather do something mediocre here than something great away from them.

Hmm, would it be possible for you to juggle part-time studies and work?

Dapper Fatcat

Yep. I hope so! :3

&& Yea. More opportunities are sure to rise up if I look for em. I agree with staying near family as well. It's a very important factor in my life right now. xD

Also, that's the unfortunate part. I prolly wouldn't be able to, due to how badly I react to stress.
                                  That's kinda why I've decided that if I do manage to find an internship, I'll drop college, and continue my learning in the field while working.

Friendly Tycoon

^ ^!

I definitely agree with your approach You'll learn tons working in the industry and getting hands on experience. In what I'm trying to pursue, which is medicine >W<, getting clinical experiences and interacting with patients are much more valuable than learning from a textbook. But I'm not too sure if it's the same with art-related fields D: ?

Dapper Fatcat

It is definitely true in the art-related fields from what I've learned. The professors of mine that I've asked have agreed as well. There's a lot to be learned from hands on experience. Which actually reminds me of something... When I asked one of representatives from the art university I wanted to go to... They told me that it's having a good portfolio and presentation that will get you the job, most times, regardless of whether you have a degree or not. So, I've been working on getting together a good portfolio. xD

Friendly Tycoon

Having a good portfolio sounds really important, for sure. I have a friend from high school who attends art college not too far from where we live, and she got to go to Cali for an internship last year. Aside from the experiences she gained from working there, it also sounds really fun being able to contribute your work to a professional project. Similarly, I know of people on dA who get to help design Facebook games, novel covers and (spazzed so much over this) do concept art for an anime *W*!

It just sounds like there's a wonderful sense of self-satisfaction in the industry <3 which is nice.

Dapper Fatcat

I'd definitely say there is. ^^
                                  I imagine it's always a great moment when an artist who has been working on a project, gets to see it being used, and or see it go into production.

Friendly Tycoon

Yeah~ If that ever happens to me, I'll definitely get a couple of copies of said art book/game/other product and keep them in a showcase. :'D

I'll be back in a bit Ichi! Gonna try and get some work done before sleeping >W<.

Invisible Cat

quq just quietly stalking this thread. <3

Friendly Tycoon

:'D *leaves a bowl of triple chocolate cookies by the door before poofing*

Dapper Fatcat

Yep~ :'D

Okay! Good luck. I'm going to be getting to sleep soon, actually. xD
                                  I'll be popping in tomorrow to see how it's going.

Also... *waves at Pyro* Hihi!
                                  Sorry for not saying hello earlier. Help yourself to some cookies, and
                                  (hopefully) stick around. :3

Friendly Tycoon

*pops back in heart *

MisterPeon's Waifu

Amateur Saint

20,100 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Member 100
Bump smile
Good luck Cinnai-chan~~

Friendly Tycoon