Welcome to Gaia! ::

How do you feel about the shop so far?

I like it so much I'm planning to apply! 0.36363636363636 36.4% [ 4 ]
This place is excellent but I won't be applying. 0.27272727272727 27.3% [ 3 ]
It seems alright but could use some work. I'll keep my eye on the shop and see where it goes. 0.090909090909091 9.1% [ 1 ]
I don't care for the shop. (Could you tell us why please?) 0.090909090909091 9.1% [ 1 ]
I'm just here for the poll gold... 0.18181818181818 18.2% [ 2 ]
Total Votes:[ 11 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Wheezing Bunny

I finished them last year toooo. I love YA books XD I'm reading another series right now called The Immortal Circus and it's pretty good too c: I will read just about anything if it's fantasy XD LOW STANDARDS YEAH
      I even thought the Twilight books were kind of almost okay XD Would have been better if Bella wasn't in them and if the writing was a bit more refined. Silly woman uses the same words over and over and over again which gets rly annoying. The word "chagrin" lost all meaning to me.
"chagrin" is still a word? I thought it had been forgotten after that series. I am sorta in the same boat as you tho... I might organize my shelf here in a bit and take a pic. I don't have too many books anymore cause i gave most of my ones from when i was younger away but i do have a few XD Lately I've really been liking Maggie Steifvater's stuff.

Wheezing Bunny

Rian-chan
"chagrin" is still a word? I thought it had been forgotten after that series. I am sorta in the same boat as you tho... I might organize my shelf here in a bit and take a pic. I don't have too many books anymore cause i gave most of my ones from when i was younger away but i do have a few XD Lately I've really been liking Maggie Steifvater's stuff.

Yes unfortunately XD It was in a book I read a few months ago. It was either in the Tawny Man series or the Liveship Traders. AMAZING BOOKS BTW Robin Hobb is my favourite author <33

I've had Shiver on my kindle wishlist for ages! I haven't read any of her stuff yet :c

All my books are still in boxes from when I moved XD I've been reading stuff on my kindle instead. Gonna wait 'til we buy a house then unpack all my books. Don't wanna unpack them all just to pack them again XD I've done that once already. Too much work!
Oh! illi I wish I would've known. Shiver was free on amazon the other day... and I hear ya about the packing and unpacking. I've moved my books about... 12 different times. waaaay too much work.

Wheezing Bunny

Awww I missed it :c oh well it's probably only $3 or $4 anyways.

Omg you poor thing -hugs- I'm really lucky, I've only had to move twice in my whole life and the first time was about 3 minutes from the house I grew up in c: I really hope next time I move is the last!

10,175 Points
  • Member 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Befriended 100
Rian-chan
@milly: I am working on getting some pets colored up for games right now, but an opening event won't happen until i get some staff on board and we will discuss when we would like to hold the grand opening at that point.
oh i see well i will come by again another time

Interstellar Moonwalker

15,915 Points
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
Tempted to apply as a colorist
@milly: OK smile I look forward to seeing you again.

@StarshineAngel: Welcome to the thread! I would love to see you apply if you feel up to it! A shop can never have such a thing as too many applicants 3nodding
illiyah
      I finished them last year toooo. I love YA books XD I'm reading another series right now called The Immortal Circus and it's pretty good too c: I will read just about anything if it's fantasy XD LOW STANDARDS YEAH
      I even thought the Twilight books were kind of almost okay XD Would have been better if Bella wasn't in them and if the writing was a bit more refined. Silly woman uses the same words over and over and over again which gets rly annoying. The word "chagrin" lost all meaning to me.

Lmfao xD
I love fantasy and Scifi but I do have some standards xD
I could not get through the Twilight Series at all though, for the same reason you mentioned lmao.
I know some people hate on Anne Rice but I love her books. The vampire series is great.
Some of her others are really good as well, though.
One of my favorites is probably "The Mummy" by her c:

Immortal Circus makes me think of a book called "The Night Circus".
A really good read if you like fantasy and magic type stuff c:
Friend got it for me for my bday last year.

I've slowly been working my way through a series of shorts by Isaac Asimove lately.
I think the title is just called "Robots", and all of the stories are about, well.... robots/cyborgs/androids.
Pretty good so far!
Also read "Hyperion" last year which is an AMAZING scifi book if you like scifi.

I have so many books on my shelf I still want to read xD
Oooh Night Circus? My best friend has that one, she was gonna let me read it but her aunt got to it first and hasn't given it back so i'm still waiting.

Also, totally unrelated to the book discussion, I work a split shift today so I might not be on much but I'm going to TRY (notice the emphasis) to get the prize pool up and at least the details for the ad contest in place at some point today.

Wheezing Bunny

Eauo

Lmfao xD
I love fantasy and Scifi but I do have some standards xD
I could not get through the Twilight Series at all though, for the same reason you mentioned lmao.
I know some people hate on Anne Rice but I love her books. The vampire series is great.
Some of her others are really good as well, though.
One of my favorites is probably "The Mummy" by her c:

Immortal Circus makes me think of a book called "The Night Circus".
A really good read if you like fantasy and magic type stuff c:
Friend got it for me for my bday last year.

I've slowly been working my way through a series of shorts by Isaac Asimove lately.
I think the title is just called "Robots", and all of the stories are about, well.... robots/cyborgs/androids.
Pretty good so far!
Also read "Hyperion" last year which is an AMAZING scifi book if you like scifi.

I have so many books on my shelf I still want to read xD

The trouble with me is once I start something I have to finish it D: I asked my doctor about that yesterday because it's really started annoying me with all the shitty TV shows that have been on recently XD He said it's probably my OCD and we're just started treating that with diet and supplements coz we did blood and pee tests last time I was there and found out it's caused by a strep infection I had as a kid and STILL HAVE in my gut ew, so should start to get better in about 3 months yay c:
      TMI

I reallyreallyreally wanna read the Anne Rice vampire books! Only reason I haven't started yet is because when I read a series I have to read them all at once, I hate taking breaks to read something else in between XD so I'm a bit intimidated coz there are so many D8 This is why I haven't read The Sword of Truth yet. I think there are something like 14 of those? I did read all the Sookie Stackhouse books and that went okay... although I did have breaks coz I bought them when it was only up to book 6 not realising there were gonna be heaps more XD They're pretty good! If you like True Blood you'll probably like them. They're really different to the show but the characters are mostly the same, and characters and character development are the most important part of books imo. Not suitable for peeps under 17 though :0 I dunno how old you are but I'm guessing it's older than that XD

The Night Circus is currently on my kindle c: It was recommended by a bunch of people I subscribe to on youtube and now you yay biggrin I'm reading the Rain Wild Chronicles next, then I'll read that for sure.
      Srsly if you haven't read anything by Robin Hobb you must do it. Especially if you like magic and dragons and jesters and castles and ponies and wolves and yaaaay 8D she is an AMAZING writer, the best ever XD I highly recommend these trilogies, and you must read them in order;
      The Farseer Trilogy
      The Liveship Traders
      The Tawny Man
      then the Rain Wild Chronicles which I haven't read yet but I'm sure it's amazing c: I think there might actually be 4 books in that one.
      It can take about half a book to really get into her second trilogy (it's a bit confusing at first. I actually ended up putting it down and coming back 2 years later), but it's worth it I promise c:

Oooh I like sci-fi too, might have to look those ones up on goodreads c: I think my brother read Hyperion but I can't remember... it sounds familiar.

Omg me too I have way too many books on my kindle and packed in boxes that I need to read/re-read XD It's a never ending list!
illiyah
      The trouble with me is once I start something I have to finish it D: I asked my doctor about that yesterday because it's really started annoying me with all the shitty TV shows that have been on recently XD He said it's probably my OCD and we're just started treating that with diet and supplements coz we did blood and pee tests last time I was there and found out it's caused by a strep infection I had as a kid and STILL HAVE in my gut ew, so should start to get better in about 3 months yay c:
      TMI

I reallyreallyreally wanna read the Anne Rice vampire books! Only reason I haven't started yet is because when I read a series I have to read them all at once, I hate taking breaks to read something else in between XD so I'm a bit intimidated coz there are so many D8 This is why I haven't read The Sword of Truth yet. I think there are something like 14 of those? I did read all the Sookie Stackhouse books and that went okay... although I did have breaks coz I bought them when it was only up to book 6 not realising there were gonna be heaps more XD They're pretty good! If you like True Blood you'll probably like them. They're really different to the show but the characters are mostly the same, and characters and character development are the most important part of books imo. Not suitable for peeps under 17 though :0 I dunno how old you are but I'm guessing it's older than that XD

The Night Circus is currently on my kindle c: It was recommended by a bunch of people I subscribe to on youtube and now you yay biggrin I'm reading the Rain Wild Chronicles next, then I'll read that for sure.
      Srsly if you haven't read anything by Robin Hobb you must do it. Especially if you like magic and dragons and jesters and castles and ponies and wolves and yaaaay 8D she is an AMAZING writer, the best ever XD I highly recommend these trilogies, and you must read them in order;
      The Farseer Trilogy
      The Liveship Traders
      The Tawny Man
      then the Rain Wild Chronicles which I haven't read yet but I'm sure it's amazing c: I think there might actually be 4 books in that one.
      It can take about half a book to really get into her second trilogy (it's a bit confusing at first. I actually ended up putting it down and coming back 2 years later), but it's worth it I promise c:

Oooh I like sci-fi too, might have to look those ones up on goodreads c: I think my brother read Hyperion but I can't remember... it sounds familiar.

Omg me too I have way too many books on my kindle and packed in boxes that I need to read/re-read XD It's a never ending list!

Haha, I can be a little OCD too, sometimes, once I start something.
It kind of depends on how bad it is, though xD

Like I started reading House of Leaves a few years ago and had to put it down because it was so weird...
but then wound up coming back to it after a year or two? idk haha /weirdo

I will definitely check out Robin Hobbs, then! c:
I've really been into scifi stuff lately, though, and stuff set in older settings.
I re-read Jane Eyre the other day, one of my fav books ;u;
and I STILL have not read Pride and Prejudice but I own a physical book, it's sitting on my dresser right now 8'D
I went on a book spree last year and bought like 20 books, haha.
Just wish I had more time to read all of them xD
All this talk about books... you guys are gonna make me broke(r) lol. I have been on a spree so far this year. I've bought probably *thinks* at least 15 new books already. Probably more than that. I am still trying to read them all though LOL

Also, I didn't realize that OCD could be caused by something like that illi... that is crazy... maybe... I should mention mine to my doctor? Idk... I always thought it was normal, I've been OCD since I was a little kid. Then again, I had really bad ear infections as a kid, and have been prone to getting strep throat for a really long time.

Interstellar Moonwalker

15,915 Points
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
I'm giving SAI a try and see if I like it

Interstellar Moonwalker

15,915 Points
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
I'm testing out SAI and see how I like it

Rian-chan

Colorist Application
Username: StarshineAngel01
Years of Experience: lots, I've colored for so many, but they all have died.
Location/Timezone: MST
Other places you currently work: Grimoires --& Rp and Journal Manager
Elaphoi Examples: [x] | [x] | [x]
Other Examples: [x]
Why do you want to work at EoA?: Cause I think it would be awesome and it would fun and it would help get back into coloring. Not like all the time but once in awhile.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff