I think it's a great idea! 0.77049180327869 77.0% [ 47 ]
I think it's a stupid idea. 0.016393442622951 1.6% [ 1 ]
I think it's not going to work. 0.049180327868852 4.9% [ 3 ]
I'll definitely use it! 0.14754098360656 14.8% [ 9 ]
Other (post about it!) 0.016393442622951 1.6% [ 1 ]
Total Votes:[ 61 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 22 23 24 > >>

High-functioning Sex Symbol

"We should be too big to take offense...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Welcome to Constructive Criticism: A Pricing Thread!

Hello my friends!

Today I’ve decided to open a thread for artists and critics. The point of this thread is to welcome anyone who likes to price, and make a friendly environment for artists to receive kind constructive criticism.

If you are a budding artist, you may want to receive opinions. Like myself, I want to receive opinions which are kind, honest, and constructive, instead of rude and hurtful. Here, you can feel safe from being hurt. Alternatively, if you are an experienced artist but are confused by the inflation and pricing aspect, we can help you with that as well!

If you could give this a <3, it would mean a lot to me!

... and too noble to give it."
— Abraham Lincoln

Welcome - Rules - Critics - Blacklist/Whitelist - Application - A Little Bit About Me - FAQ - Tutorials

Rules

• Please be courteous. This is the main rule, and if it is broken, you will likely be blacklisted (for everyone to see) and banned from the thread.
• Only give constructive criticism. Never insult anyone. This will result in you being put on the blacklist and being banned from the thread.
Quote:
DO: "Your art would sell, in my opinion, for a low price. I do not recommend starting a shop in your case." Then, please back up your statement as thoroughly as possible. It's important that you point out the goods in order to avoid discouraging the artist.
DON'T: "Your art SUCKS. Don't even try. I wouldn't buy this if you threatened to kill me!"

• Please feel free to stay, chat, and exchange opinions.
• Needless to say, follow the ToS.
• Swearing is not forbidden, just don't do it excessively. It's obnoxious.
• Use spoilers. Please don't stretch out the page. I will show the code; obviously, take out the spaces before the spoiler tags.
Quote:
[ spoiler]your art or critique[ /spoiler]

In your post/application PM, please enter the pledge, "I abide to the Constructive Criticism rules and promise to be kind to everyone." If you do this, I will put you on the official list of Critics (see Critics post for more information). Otherwise, you will be ignored until you correct yourself. This is to ensure that you have read the rules.

— Abraham Lincoln

Welcome - Rules - Critics - Blacklist/Whitelist - Application - A Little Bit About Me - FAQ - Tutorials

Critics

Here is the list of Critics. There is one list for Critics who have correctly filled out the application, and one list for Critics who have correctly filled out the application and have made at least 5 helpful criticisms. When you have reached that requirement, let me know by quoting me. If you have not correctly filled out the application, you will be ignored.
Please know that this is not a "job" and you should not feel obligated to write critiques. It is your choice and if you don't enjoy it, don't do it.

New Critics
• Zelorus [x] - nicknamed "Ze" or "Zel"
• a busted radio [x] - nicknamed "Radio"; does redlines
• Hysterhex - nicknamed "Hyst" or "Hex"; does not price; can offer advice and answer questions about how certain art programs work; willing to give tips and short tutorials
• chirpysmom - Nicknamed "chirpy"; will sometimes price
• Chrome Innovia [x] - Nicknamed "Chrome"

Trusted Critics
• Amour Belle et Deces [x] (Me!)
• SuggieSarah [x] - Does red lines, does price
• Your hott Mom [x] - nicknamed "Nico", "Nicolai", or anything from their username; can offer advice and answer questions about how certain art programs like Sai and Photoshop work, can price
• Lukewarm City [x] - sometimes prices and redlines; lengthy, detailed critiques; nicknamed "Lukewarm City" or "Dragon-port"

— Abraham Lincoln

Blacklist/Whitelist

Here, I will list the blacklist and whitelist. The blacklist will include those who have been hurtful and/or disrespectful. The whitelist will include those who have proven themselves to be awesome.

Blacklist

Whitelist
• SuggieSarah - A critic, an amazing artist and a helping hand!
• Lukewarm City - An insightful critic who puts amazing effort into her critiques!

— Abraham Lincoln

Application

Please fill out this application to apply for Critic approval. By "joining", you are becoming a Critic.
Please PM this application to me, and if you want a critique, post your art here.

Amour Belle et Deces
Please PM me so that I can get to your application faster

Quote:
Name/what should we call you?: Name + nickname
Why should I put you on the list?:
Do you have any references?: (If you are an artist you can put your art here, or if you're just a critic you can put an example of your critiques here).
Anything else I should know?:

— Abraham Lincoln

A Little Bit About Me

My name is Emily. You're welcome to call me Amour, Belle, or Emily. Be warned that "Amour" means love and "Belle" means beauty... Just in case you don't want to call me love or beautiful.
My hair has been the following colors (click the spoiler):
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

But is currently hot pink. My natural is dark blonde.
My eyes are amber, but sometimes turn green, yellow, or red. I've been told many times that I look like a vampire when the sun shines on my eyes.
I have snake bites, a nose piercing, a rook piercing, and ear lobe piercings as of right now.
To me, age doesn't matter, and if my age doesn't matter to me, then it shouldn't matter to you.
I love animals; I have a cat named Pipaluk ("little one" in Inuit, Pip for short) and a Chinese dwarf hamster whose name is Iggy (her nickname is Q-Nuggs... Ask if you dare).
I love music. A lot.
I have a boyfriend named Ben whom I love very much.
I draw. I have more experience with drawing girls, but I can draw guys. If you are interested in art, PM me and I'll show you what I can do. If you would be so kind as to critique me, you can look at some of my art here.
I TekTek. And I pride myself on it.
I'm a Grammar Nazi. If you mess up "you're" and "your", "their", "they're", and "there", or various other things, I will correct you. If it's obviously a typo, or if you're kidding around, I don't care. Just don't be a dumbass.

Get to know me.

I started this thread because solemn do I see criticism that's beneficial, and it's time someone makes a friendly thread for it.

— Abraham Lincoln

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I receive any questions, I’ll put them here if I see fit.

Asked by Zelorus, clarified by Amour Belle et Deces
Question:
Quote:
About the critiques, will it just be one critique per artist or can all critics give advice to the same artist despite if another critic has already given them some constructive criticism?

Answer: All critics can give advice to any artist, so if one Critic has already done a critique for an artist, another Critic can do one as well for the same artist. If they reply to your post with questions, you can answer them - it's for helping out artists. Back-and-forth conversation is encouraged.

— Abraham Lincoln

Welcome - Rules - Critics - Blacklist/Whitelist – Application - A Little Bit About Me - FAQ - Tutorials

Tutorials

If you suggest a tutorial video, picture, or YouTuber, I may put it in here! Also, if you'd like to see something here, message me. Idea suggested by Hysterhex.

Favorite YouTubers for Tutorials
Markcrilley can show you just about anything you want.
Sycra has useful tips and tutorials.

Video Tutorials
Drawing Feet - Part 1 & Part 2 (watch out, these are long videos)

Drawing Hands - Markcrilley has several of these videos, like here, here and here.
5 Ways to Draw Relaxed Hands

Shading Basics - Do's & Do Not's
3 Different Ways to Shade

Hair Highlighting Tutorial

Pictures I find useful for drawing breasts:
By TheUser on Pinterest - I will add, in the third one where she is lifting her arms, the breasts will definitely separate more.

By Landenectomy

By chipperwhale on tumblr

http://akari-paws.tripod.com/id93.html

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=1738305

— Abraham Lincoln

Welcome - Rules - Critics - Blacklist/Whitelist – Application - A Little Bit About Me - FAQ - Tutorials

Below you will find something very useful that every artist should see. Posted by Your hott Mom (thanks!).
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

— Abraham Lincoln

Quick Reply

Submit