Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
(link to shop)

Ripedioc Nicanes is hiring colorists because I can't keep up with it on my own. *curse the homework* There is currently an RP event going on, but I want to hold a flatsale right afterwards, just so you're all informed.

I expect the standard of coloring to match up to or excel my own (This means shading.). All styles are welcome, though.

All entrants are required to color the adult lineart. The loner lineart may be slightly easier to color, and easier to be creative with. This is optional.

Loner:

User Image

The contest will continue until I have found enough suitable colorists. (2 or 3) Colorists win a nicanes colored by themselves. (They may have loners if they don't like to RP.) Colorists are expected to participate in the shop. When the winners have been selected, those who didn't make it, but were close get to keep the adult that they colored and are RP exempt.

Colorists, once hired, are expected to color at least one set a month and to send in all 4 stages at once. Colorists keep all money from customs and manage their own customs (more about this in the shop). They also get half the gold for each pet they color that is sold.

TO ENTER: Post samples IN THIS THREAD. You can color as many as you like, however, one adult is required to enter.
Entries

Hired

ShiningMoon-Guest Colorist

the_stoned_piggy

User Image

weezieko

User Image

IcyPanther

User Image

User Image

MoonRazor

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

TheUnreal

ShiningMoon

User Image

User Image

LoneDemonWolf

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

does it matter what colors we make them?
Not really, though I prefer natural colors. It's just me. As long as it looks good, try anything.
User Image
the_stoned_piggy
i know it is crap
username : Weezieko

Sample:

User Image
Username: IcyPanther

This is the first time I tried shading like this...to make it look furry. xd If you don't like it let me know and I'll try my normal style of shading.

Also, I was treating it kind as an elemantal theme. This one is water 3nodding

User Image
MoonRazor

User Image
The loner...

User Image
Heh, I actually like this more than the loner xD
I didn't want to do shading, cause I didn't want to throw all the color proportions off, but I normally do try 3nodding

User Image
Me wanna colour heart

Wow, this is a much better turn-out than I expected. Anyway, comments..

the_stoned_piggy: Good color combinations, but I'd like some shading.

weezieko: It looks great, although the flat edges to the color changing look a little odd.

IcyPanther: Also very good, although the fur pattern looks too emphasized (if you did what I think you did, try smudging over it afterwards)

MoonRazor: All three look great. I like your gradients. However, try to stay within the lines please.

TheUnreal: Looks awesome!
You knew I wouldn't be able to resist. sweatdrop
I did one version normally, and then tried that whole...line-coloring-thing...on it...
User Image
User Image

Not that either are any good. ^^; But hey, I attempted. Maybe if I made the color lineart a bit darker...meh, I dunno.
It looks great. I like the fur and the splashes of color in there, but your shading seems a little sporadic (also, I discovered my computer doesn't understand PNG files.)
Okay. Told you it wasn't any good.
How should I fix it?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas