Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

Chrono Break is a canon character shop based off the classic Squaresoft game Chrono Trigger, timespace warping, and fandom in general. We're also working hard to make it the most user-friendly shop around, to both customer and staff. To make it even friendlier, we're hoping to hire on some more people!

Our current artists include:

Baneful
Closet_Ninja
Demented Kid
endejester
Schala-Kitty
Selona
Tara Jenkins
Ves
ZeFoxwing

heart We are hoping to find two more artists.

Our current non-arting staff include:

Carda (RP manager)
Pales (RP manager)
White Feather (RP Manager)

heart We are hoping to find two more RP managers, and also one shop manager.

exclaim What artists can expect of us:

- Artists keep full profits of flatsales, and seventy-five percent of auctions over 15K. The remaining twenty-five percent is divided among the non-arting management. Flatsale CBs currently cost 15K, and we do allow payment plans; however, you are not required to grow the pets until they are paid in full.

- You are allowed to draw pets of your choice for yourself as a bonus, one for every one you sell in the shop, provided none of the other staff had previous claims or plans. You can also offer pet trades under those same terms, and add your pet trade wishlist to the master list currently in the shop, with a few exceptions.

- Any fiction is fair game, from books to television to games. Customs can be original characters, from Gaia avatars to characters based in a canon or original world. Further rules for customs can be found in the shopfront. They are priced at 400K.

- You can draw as many as you like, or as little, so long as you can handle the growings. Flats are held once we have enough characters for an RP prompt. Auctions are held once a month max. Customs are limited to five slots at a time.

- You will receive a .PSD of the cert, or at least a .JPEG, and the font if needed, so you can handle your own certing.

- No pressure. We trust you know what you're doing. heart

exclaim What we expect from artists:

- AIM users are preferred, to easier coordinate who does what.

- Growings are four months apart for non-RPed pets, anytime before that for RPed, provided they are paid in full. There are up to five growth stages per pet, depending on the age of the character in question. For example, a canon character that is already a child will go baby>child>teen>adult>RP-required stage. A character that is older will skip the baby stage, and be simply child>teen>adult>RP-required stage.

- As artists receive the full profit from their flat directly, growings and refunds if need be are the sole responsibility of the artist in question. However, if RL issues happen, we ask other artists be willing to pick up another's reasonable slack at little or no charge, just because it's the Golden Rule. 3nodding heart

- Ocassionally helping the non-arting staff in getting a pet trade, because it's also the Golden Rule. heart

exclaim What RP Managers can expect from us:

- At least one pet of your choice, more based on activity, a cut from all auctions over 15K, plus the chance to make pet trades of your own when there are artists available. Tara also offers a cut from her own flatsales if desired.

- A friendly atmosphere where nearly anything can happen in RP.

exclaim What we expect of RP Managers:

- Knowledge of the Chrono Trigger series (Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross) is preferred, but not required, so long as you have a general understanding of the "plot" of the shop.

- Again, AIM users preferred.

- Strong plotting skills, which Tara sorely lacks. xp The ability to come up with ideas for the metaplot and see them through 'til the next twist, in the shop and the Guild.

- Enthusiasm. The pets are not RP-required, but as RP managers, we would like to see you do something with them regularly. If there aren't many RPers active at the time, try doing something to draw them in! You can always just play off the other managers, if anything. 3nodding If you're reading this for just the gold, then this isn't the shop for you. Though, look at it this way: the more active the shop, the more gold you'll get!

exclaim What the co-Shop Manager can expect from Tara xd :

- Abject gratitude for the rest of her life. crying

- A cut from auctions and 25% of her customs sales.

- A pet of your choice, and likely more as we go along. heart

exclaim What Tara expects of the co-Shop Manager:

- Tara can be an absent-minded dope. sweatdrop Realizing she means well is a must, as is the honesty to tell her if something is troubling you, or another staffer. She tends to work slow on some things, fast on others. Patience is also must. She gets to all things in time, but needs your help to get to them all quickly.

- Help in completing the little blanks in the shopfront, especially the Affiliates, and keeping the ownerlist up-to-date.

- Making certain questions Tara may miss are answered.

- Enforcing the rules of the shop if she doesn't catch it first.

- Just plain lurking and fun with the visitors, even if it's just her trademark smiley combination of whee heart . RP is not required for a shop manager.

- AIM please, as she sucks at PMs. sweatdrop

- And, of course, the same sort of fangirl/fanboy love that inspired this shop. whee

exclaim Easiest expectation for everyone: just treat others as you want to be treated. Chrono Break is a fallout shelter from dramabombs and pressure, both RL and online. You know, what Gaia is supposed to be. whee

Still with us? Thank you! Then here's what you need to post!

exclaim For artists:

- Links to samples, or shops you work with.

exclaim For RP Managers:

- Links to RP samples, shops you work with if any, and Journals you maintain.

exclaim For shop manager:

- Links to other shops you maintain or have maintained, and a paragraph or two or so telling us why you want the position. 3nodding

This thread will remain open until the five slots are filled. Thanks so much again!
:O Hiring thread.
Not sure if I could post yet? x-x

Username: Succubus.Receptionist
For: Artist/RP manager
Art I Have Drawn: Everything in my shop (Below) was drawn by me. If you need more samples though, feel free to PM ^_^
Link to my shop: Here
RP Journals I Maintain: They are in my guild, but at the moment everything is down while I do some updating.
No, we're open to post! Thank you! heart

Shy Phantom

*peers* Ooo. <3
Shop Co-Owner or RP Manager Application

Name: NovaStrike... biggrin no Brainer.

Objective: To become Shop Co-Owner (But willing to help manage RP if that is desired instead. heart )

Standard Job: Student/Half a** artist/Megaman Freak

Past Experiances: Ein Herz un Ein Seele (Manager/RP Manager. It is since ded. D smile ;

The Maverick Wars (RP Manager, and plot organizer. Hiatused for the Artist);

Destati (T'was a Cosplay shop too. :O And OMG, Again. Owner, RP Manager, and Artist.)

ShinRa Labs (Co-Owner, general sales Manager. Long since Dead.);

Advents (Artist, Owner, Everything. Dead again. D: )

Hollow Bastion Imports (Owner/Artist. Sold to Aiko, so I dunno what goes on there anymore. D: )

Chrono Trigger/Cross Experiance: I'm... Half playing CC.. But I basically and thuroughly beat Chrono Trigger and have a pretty detailed idea of alot of areas time and how they lived... 'Specially 600AD. I R the Glenn and Cyrus wh0re. XD heart *Waves fancharacters* *Slapped by Dalton* ..; But yeaaaahhh, I think I know what CT is. I'm notorious for pimping Froggeh full of Tabs and completely destroying my foes with the smex little boy.

Glenn: D: *Disturbed*

Pros: I know what the hell I'm doing!, I'm a CT fangirl like wow, I don't tolerate bullshit, I speak softly and carry a giant assault rifle, I'm familiar with games like Megaman, which Breedables seems to forget and therefor can help facilitate the fans (I know Manga stuff. I'm THAT OBSESSED. And I, uh, own two manga), I'm pretty good coordinating events to keep people amused, I can plot like a Mo Fo, I like to RP and have a lot of experiance, I can tell when something is a peice of crap, I sympathise with artists since I'm an artist, I took logic classes and can tell when people are being STUPID, I'm a fangirl. XD

Cons: School is eating alot of my AIM time Monday - Wednesday (BUT I GET ON GAIA ANYHOW BETWEEN CLASSES)), I'm a fangirl XD, I don't tolerate bullshit AT ALL, I get easily upset and think people hate me, I'm easily distracted by shiny, I try to corrupt today's youth with Megaman (XD), once ired, the person causing the troubles will get verbally REAMED, I get irritated during illogical fights and dislike it when people b***h about punishment, get told the problem and how to solve it, but they REPEAT THEIR POINTS (See also: Flames piss me off).

Reason to hire Me: While I have to work around school, I'm also pretty good natured overall and am very willing to work to make people happy. I'm always willing to talk to people, get input and ideas, and I'm a cuddlebug. Hug me, please. Further, I've had almost a year's worth of experiance on running atleast SOMETHING on Gaia. I'm flexible and willing to work on a co-op plan with others, and I'm one keen negotiator. I'll more than happily warn people of quirks I think may come up, so they know what may occur. My tastes in games run half with the mainstream of Gaia, half into my own little world, which would bring an interesting twist to the overall flow of things, and I actually enjoy developing how things would work in a game universe provided I'm familiar with it. I especially thrive working out politics (You should wee me on a tirade about Megaman X4. O.O). While I'm stubborn, it can be good with public relations since it means once my mind is set, I'll be firm in defending the point. At the same time I'm open-minded, and willing to learn new things. While I prefer warnings to listing (I refuse to do business with people who break rules or harrass me or my friends instead), I won't object if someone behaves so poorly that their banned. An angry Nova is a scary Nova, so I double as a good defense. biggrin

I'm also notorious for being attacked and gnawed by plot bunnies, so I can keep ideas flowing with just a little inspiration and a good flow of music. I'm also more than happy to help the shop even if I'm not staff, so this would be a great oppertunity to help even more. heart
-Username-
Sailor Aerith

-What Position?-
RP Manager, Possible Co-Thread Manager. (No scanner = No art! D=)

-Reason for Co-Manager-
Pros: Well, lets see. I'm a Thread Moderator in the shop Pokemon Haven, along with a few of my friends. I've been into breedables for about a year and a half now, I drift from shop to shop. Currently, I only stalk this shop and the Pokemon Haven. Anyways, in that shop I'm in charge of many things. I level up people's pets, I'm a Gym Leader, I make sure people obey the rules, I hand out random gifts to people RPing, and most of all I try my best to make sure people are okay with their pets, or if anything about the shop is troubling them. When Hotaru-Neko isn't around, and people have questions, either me or any of the other mods are there to help out and answer their questions, making sure they aren't confused about anything. I'm also very knowledgable on the Chrono series, although I know more about Cross just a tad more. sweatdrop I give everyone the same amount of respect, I see everyone equally. If a newbie comes in, and at the same time a revered artist happens to stroll by, they'd both be greeted equally. I wouldn't see one as "better," or atleast I aspire to keep it this way. For the most part, I try my best to talk to everyone, if they want the company, that is. And to be honest, I really don't care for getting paid much.I mean, it would be nice if I was questing, but really, the only thing I'm "questing" for is Princess Daisy in this shop. I think getting a custom is enough. I also love arranging events that will make people happy, if I can RP something like that it'd make me really happy. XD If need be, I can bite harder than my bark, yet honestly I think I'm a pretty good-natured person.
Cons: I don't have as much experience as some other people do in this shop, although we all have to start in some places, ne? (Well, I guess I already started. sweatdrop ) My writing doesn't compare to some people's, although if I really put effort into it I think I can write pretty good. (Just a side note: I'm in honors English. sweatdrop ) However, I am not good at Math! *bricked* Although that doesn't have anything to do with this. I also get distracted easily, although for the main part I am very loyal to my word, and keep my promises. At times, I am very blunt about my feelings. Unless it will get me in trouble, or hurt someone's feelings, then I'll keep my mouth shut. But if something bothers me, and I can speak about it without seeming out of place, then I'll speak what I feel. I don't know if this is good or bad, but I just put it in this section. XD Sometimes I tend to talk about something I like too much, to the point of annoyance. At that time, thats when you firmly b-slap me across the face! (j/k XD) Also, I don't sugarcoat my words. I'm not superflous, and I don't drag things on. (Like I am right now, ne? XD) But for the most part, I -love- making people happy, I try to arrange as many events as I can in places, to make places more active. At time when I feel like I need to reply to a RP post fast, or if I'm just being careless, I will have some mistakes in my writing. For the most part, my writing is good, in my opinion. I usually don't abbreviate words, unless I'm joking.

-IRL-
I'm 15, and I'm a Freshman in high school. I don't really have a job, although I babysit a lot. My dad is probably going to have me work for him, because he doesn't want me to work at fast food restaurants, because I'll get "Fat," and he doesn't want me working in retail because then I'll get in a relationship with someone. He doesn't trust me. -_- He is the chief of a police/security station, and he wants me to work in security for him. >_>; ANYWAYS, this isn't my auto-biography, its a resume! XP But, that means I'll have more time to be in the thread. Although, I go to school from 9:00-4:30.

-RP Links-
The Delcatty Queen, Orphella!
(This was just a one post thing, but I thought it was cute. XD Someone drew fanart of her)
My Gym in the Pokemon Haven Guild
(Hasn't been active, a lot of people have my badge. XP Plus it was re-done)
Testing another Trainer to be a Leader
(This one is kind of short XP)
MGAF, My Guild for Magical Girl Anime
(Not a RP, but its my guild. I PROMISE TO FINISH IT ONE DAY! D smile
Pokemon Haven Poke'Dex

-RP Journals-
My New Journal (Pokemon Haven)
Old Journal (Pokemon Haven)
Here is some examples, I just grabbed the familiar ones, rather than digging through the whole guild to find others. XD (There is a LOT)

-Obsessions-
Lets see. . I am a lover of ALL things Nintendo, I give everything a shot once. I am also a fan of Square-Enix, I've been playing games since I was 6! gonk But my dad has been playing them since before I was born. XP
Here is a list of games I am very knowledgable about, and can have debates about:
~Final Fantasy (All of them, especially VII and IX)
~Mario Party (All)
~Dance Dance Revolution
~Bust-A-Groove
~Super Mario 64/ DS
~The Legend of Zelda (any)
~Super Mario Sunshine
~Luigi's Mansion
~Pikmin
~Nintendogs
~Pokemon (any)
~Chrono Trigger
~Chrono Cross
~Kindgom Hearts
~Space Channel 5
~Soul Calibur
~Sonic the Hedgehog (Especially Adventure 2)
~NiGHTS: Into Dreams
~Golden Sun
~Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
~Paper Mario
~Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
~Mario & Luigi
~Mario Power Tennis
~Mario Kart/Double Dash/64/SNES
~Super Smash Brothers Melee/Classic
~Street Fighter
~Darkstalkers/ Night Warriors/ Vampier Hunters
~Super Princess Peach
~Just Ask! XP
Anime/Manga:
~Bishojo Senshi Sailormoon
~Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch
~Ai Tenshi Densetsu no Wedding Peach
~The New Legend of Snow White: Princess Pretear
~Princess Tutu
~Tokyo Mew Mew
~Card Captor Sakura
~Chobits
~Cowboy Bebop
~Tenchi Muyo
~Pocket Monsters (Pokemon)
~Full Metal Alchemist
~Full Metal Panic!
~You're Under Arrest!
-Uta~Kata
~Ranma 1/2
~Urusei Yatsura
-Music-
~Gwen Stefani
~Mika Nakashima
~Kotoko
-L'arc~En~Ciel
~Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch
~Assorted Pop/J-Pop
Sorry this was so long! gonk
((Oh, GOD! I will NEVER bring up MM X-4 to Nova in an AIM IM again! D: *is scarred for life*))
((*GRINS*))

Business Cat

5,100 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Statustician 100
Username: Coronaviridae
AIM: Coronaviridae
Position?: RP h0r--I mean, wrangler/Possibly artist.
Samples:
Art: [x] [x]
RP: The following is, to date, my best RP log where I was both participating in and managing the RP: [x] It has the additional bonus of being multiple themes (Xenosaga, Kingdom Hearts, Septerra Core, NiGHTS into Dreams, Wild ARMS), with Xenosaga as the strong overtheme. I'm RPing Albedo, along with the NPCs and the entire setting.

And, uh. Shop link in my sig has everything else I've been doing lately in that respect. XD

Resume: I've been RPing for close to ten years now, and drawing only slightly less. While college eats enormous parts of my time, I'm pretty active on Gaia and happy to help out. Also, I'm drama-free! Or mostly so. biggrin I try to be well-behaved and a good netizen, especially around Gaia.

--CVirus

Mega Gaian

*squee*
Quote:

Username: MegaRose
AIM name: MinniePresidette
Desired position: Artist
Samples:
http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/4027/1876rg.png
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/9070/scan0033c3si.jpg
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/9088/deadragon0ey.png
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/3250/braapluh4jm.png
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/9050/scan00329bp.jpg
http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/4647/chibidoll7hw.png
I'm very proud of my pencilling work; at this point I feel I've gotten to be very versatile when it comes to different styles. When people comment on my work they usually describe my personal drawing style as 'old anime;' and I apparently do expressions well. Once a guy said my stuff looked a little like Ian Jones-Quartrey's work (from RPGWorld).
My inking and coloring are admittedly less than perfect; I usually take several tries to get things just right, and I'm most confident just using darkened pencil lines and basic cel shading. Luckily, that fits the style of most characters from games and cartoons, so I think I would be able to get by.
Resume:
I currently run two pet shops of my own; Kirntaur Laboratories and Wiffetts. Kirntaur Labs doesn't get very much business, unfortunately. I've been hoping to find someone who could do all the management so I could focus on the art aspects, but no luck. And I suck with things like that. Wiffetts is just a side project I thought up one day in summer school. I liked the design of the creatures, and as soon as I got home I set up a mule and photobucket and started the shop right away. It's very slow and mainly an exercise in coloring. Neither takes up very much of my time. I'm also maintaining a lineart auction that has taken a loooong time, as I'm drawing up 151 characters, but I do that entirely at my own pace and it doesn't take long.
I work for two shops run by xMMx, Harem Heights/Crescent Isles and Chibi Factory. For HH I only do lineart, which is inked and colored by other people. It's easy work and I usually sketch out designs during math class, so it doesn't occupy too much time. For Chibi Factory I do the penciling, inking, and coloring, which takes a while, but that shop generally isn't as busy so it evens out. I also pencilled the lineart for her shop Others, which isn't a regular job, but I occasionally draw up new stuff for fun. I do penciling and inking (and occasionally coloring) for New Capsule Corp as well.
Why you should hire me: Diversity! I'm not up to date with all the latest, most popular animes and fancy schmancy video games, but I can bring Chrono Break tons of characters from obscure or forgotten fiction that people would probably recognize and say 'Hey! I remember him! Man, how old is that show now?' I like to try to bring nostalgia. When most people are focused on the new Final Fantasy I can sneak under the crowd and bring up, say, Brave Fencer Musashi or Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon for a pleasant surprise. Or Rocko's Modern Life, or the Animorphs, or any number of fun things people only stopped loving because they got buried under time. I like to think that my art isn't horrible, either. wink

Quoted to ensure that the url tags work.

Mega Gaian

((*nervoussquirm* I kinda feel like I'm banking on my knowledge of mid-90's video games and Nicktoons. xp I'm weird like that, I'm constantly considering saving up for Chrono Break customs because I have a feeling the characters I'm thinking of won't make it into a flatsale.))
*Points at MegaRose* :O I remember Rocko.

Brain: *Goes further and basks in Captain N again*

gonk

Mega Gaian

Novastrike
*Points at MegaRose* :O I remember Rocko.

Sweet! xd Dr. Hutchinson always freaked me out a little.

Shy Phantom

*wonders if a colorist could apply.* >.>; *curses that she can't draw* crying

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas