Welcome to Gaia! ::

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
3DS Friend Code: 3695-0873-3687

They are so pretty! : D *pets the new pets*

Pet Journals: Soquili | SoA | Wardwood | Balam | Matope | PawsNClaws | Animal Crossing: Barton Town | Phony Quests

Trash Husband

edited nameeee

Sarcastic Codger

24,440 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Survivor 150
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
*snuggles in*

Demonic Sex Symbol

^_^ Frosty and I finished the first test battle of the regular system, next week we will start a quick match to test that too. (Unless we can do another test before the week is up? Since it's just testing anyway?) Also, weeks go from Sunday-Saturday correct? But later on down the road how will we know what week is which number? Maybe we could just do "Week of: 1/25/15" or something? Maybe inside the threads rather than in the title?

I noticed that the titles are kind of long as it is so I couldn't fit her whole username in there when she won. Maybe something simpler like:

"1/25 R - longusername vs longusername - W: longusernamehere"
Where the date for the beginning of the week goes first, then R/Q/whatever designating letter you want for more advanced stuff later next, then the usernames and just use W: to denote the winner of the battle? *shrug* just an idea lol

Magical Noob

Rian-chan
^_^ Frosty and I finished the first test battle of the regular system, next week we will start a quick match to test that too. (Unless we can do another test before the week is up? Since it's just testing anyway?) Also, weeks go from Sunday-Saturday correct? But later on down the road how will we know what week is which number? Maybe we could just do "Week of: 1/25/15" or something? Maybe inside the threads rather than in the title?

I noticed that the titles are kind of long as it is so I couldn't fit her whole username in there when she won. Maybe something simpler like:

"1/25 R - longusername vs longusername - W: longusernamehere"
Where the date for the beginning of the week goes first, then R/Q/whatever designating letter you want for more advanced stuff later next, then the usernames and just use W: to denote the winner of the battle? *shrug* just an idea lol
Congrats! C: I take it was an alright task to do, then?

Right now, the weekly limit doesn't matter as no currency or reputation is being handed out. It's pretty much free for all until further notice.

The week number does need to be in the title, for clarity's sake (and it follows the yearly calendar, so it should be alright!). There will be a calendar up for the year regardless, naming all weekly matches / battles, when it starts and when it ends and so on- to make it easy for people to check. I haven't gotten around to setting it up, but it's coming!

There will also be RP calendars with an overview of important dates / holidays and so on for the settings.

Shortening "WINNER:" to "W: " will probably be done, though. c:
It may still happen that people have too long names, in which case we just gotta use parts of it in the title.

Magical Noob

iStoleYurVamps
edited nameeee
Thank you! <3 Will get right on that when I have a moment~

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
i noticed my username was way too long to add into the the results XD

but yeah i noticed that forgetting to roll can happen in the battle if a person does not put up the post format first before typing away a conversation in there. but all in all the regular battle is doable and is not that long.

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500

We clearly need shorter names xD LOL!

Pet Journals: Soquili | SoA | Wardwood | Balam | Matope | PawsNClaws | Animal Crossing: Barton Town | Phony Quests
Zight - That makes so much more sense! LOL I didn't even realize it corrosponded with the actual calendar. I was just like "week 3? why are we at week 3? the shop isn't even open yet?" HAHA derp moments!

The battle wasn't too bad, even with Frosty and I consistently missing each other it didn't take too long to complete. I can see how if someone completely spaces, or loses internet or something there might be issues but as long as someone checks Gaia once or twice a day (morning/evening) they should be able to finish a regular battle within a week. Haven't tried the quick battle yet but... Frosty and I will do that right now!

Frosty - ARE YOU READY FOR A REMATCH?! *tosses out a cyndaquil plushie with Qaru* Yes. Qaru, you will now be able to use all of Cyndaquil's moves! *may be a little loopy due to being sick atm*

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Hmmm... >>... *pokes around*

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
The only reason i see why the battles takes longer than expected is if one of us in still at school or at work. Because we cant do that and gaia xD but it doesn't take long at all.

I also tried the instructor's task. It didn't bother me that it took longish since i rolled the dice in between watching tv or write up assignments. It felt great after seeing the task being all done.

Also for the batttle titles, i want to suggest something like:
[TYPE] Username VS Username || W: ?*
Or
[TYPE] Username VS Username [W: ?] -- or shortened form of username in win area

Since the dates are recorded for each guild thread, you can erase the Week1 2 3 etc in title and remove a few || and { } to make the title more easier to read. But that's just my opinion. Feel free to ignore.

Demonic Sex Symbol

gaia_kittenstar

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas