Welcome to Gaia! ::

Geniegirlly's Waifu

Space Pumpkin

24,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Redecorator 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
Grah, looking at these pretties makes me want a betta again. whee Unfortunately with so many furbabies running around my house... That's so not a good idea. x.x Maybe if I didn't have to share my room with my older sister and our poms and mah kittles. rofl And the squawky bird. x.x
My boys didn't react at all when i gave them flakes this morning. I was going to get pellets but i couldn't find the brand kao used so i got the flakes she fed alduin.

apparently they have no idea what flakes are xD

But Iridescent, the bigger one, has stopped freaking out everytime something moves near his tank.

edit:
hey leef, what do you use to heat your tanks?

Also I was annoyed with petsmart about marketing betta's in tiny tanks when i noticed the care pamphlet it said one gallon for ever inch the fish is and since most bettas end up being 3in or so if anyone follows it they will get a 3 gallon tank. ouo it's a tiny improvement in petstore betta care.

edit edit: do you guys have any suggestion on what to use to treat the fin rot besides/with Aquarium salt?

Shirtless Receiver

ALASTOR ARRIVES TODAY! -happy dance-

shadica, I've had bad experiences with heaters, and being that I live in Southern California, I mainly avoid them. -shot- The problem is, unless you buy a very expensive heater, which might be very well necessary for where you live, the heaters can malfunction and boil your fish to death. Scary thought. o-o I personally use temperature control in my apartment and 'Sace stays at a good 75-80 degrees, but I understand that's not possible for everyone.

Aquarium salt and, unfortunately, 100% water changes for five days in a row would be your answer; however, I am very rusty in this area so feel free to correct me, anyone.

As for food... I personally use Hikari Betta Bio Gold. My bettas have always gobbled it up like peanut butter chocolate icecream.
there is an aquarium store in the mall and im hoping they will have the newlife spectrum that kao uses if not I'll grab the stuff you use :3

yeah our house is supposed to be at 70 but we think the thermostat is broken. I found the ones Kao uses but they are online and mom doesnt want to pay 8 for the shipping so im hoping we can get them at the aqurium store.

Shirtless Receiver

Well good luck! If that doesn't work, maybe you can buy in bulk from Petco and have it shipped? It may be cheaper online, even with the shipping price.
I WANNA BE A COLORIST!
Username . Hikaru Emori
Contact . AIM - WashuRight
Position! I will be happy with any work you see fit to give me.
Location/Timezone . West coast of the US/ Pacific standard time
Time Spent on Gaia . Usually once a day
Program Used . Photoshop CS4
Current/Prior Experience . I've only worked with one breedable shop before that was many, many, MANY years ago.
Samples of Work . Casual coloring and sketch (both my work) More serious minded coloring and drawing. (Everything I did myself, except for the background texture)
FTLOB Coloring Samples . User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
FTLOB Editing Samples .
Why do you wanna be a colorist . I enjoyed the last time I worked in a breedable shop, and I was hoping I might work under a more experienced colorist that could possibly help me learn to improve my work. It wouldn't hurt to make interesting friends and a little spare gold as well.
Anything Else . Even if you don't think you could use my work here I would really appreciate any comments on how I could possibly improve as a colorist, or anywhere in general. I'd really like to get more experience and technique from quality of my painting and coloring, to my choice of colors and color theory. I would very much appreciate any comments you would direct my way! Thank you!

Shirtless Receiver

Thank you very much for your application! (:

Dapper Explorer

Your colorings are amazeballs <3

Geniegirlly's Waifu

Space Pumpkin

24,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Redecorator 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
-shuffles in- <3

Shirtless Receiver

GAIS. ALASTOR HAS ARRIVED. -dances- Alive and well! Will be posting my "opening the box" video as soon as it loads!

Dapper Explorer

YAY! im so happy for you leef! glad he arrived safely! <3

Geniegirlly's Waifu

Space Pumpkin

24,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Redecorator 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
Hiya Shadies <3 -fluffs-

Hooray for Alastor's safe arrival! -waves happy flags-
-fluffed- How are you meegs? :3

Quick Reply