Welcome to Gaia! ::

Phail Ninja's Husband

Tiny Wolf

I am not sure still, I tried looking and its too white to figure it out. xD;

Shirtless Receiver

Cookies and milk for breakfast, raisinets for dinner. I am the posterchild for unhealthy living. biggrin

6,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Also, female betta fish have a white speck on their bellies directly behind the ventral fin. This is their .. girly bits. :}

Male beta fish do not have these.

Friendly Friend

Shirtless Receiver

Bouncy_Pineapple
Feesh. owo

sup? biggrin

Feral Pumpkin

So much Betta talk lately....makes me want one.

Questionable Gatekeeper

*rolls around* Mangs I know right? I'm getting closer to having one in my home everyday I bring them up. My dad loved our Bettas and I'm hoping I can get him on board to get a new one and its proper living quarters. <3

Phail Ninja's Husband

Tiny Wolf

Well my two betta are divided by a divider in a tank.They flare up at eachother often more lately. I don't know why and someone told me thats because they are both male.
Is it okay like that?

Friendly Friend

Nothing much. owo I don't have any bettas but I like them. XD

Shirtless Receiver

mangshra
So much Betta talk lately....makes me want one.

They can be taught tricks, recognize their owners, have distinctive personalities, play (ie: ping pong balls, buttons, bottle caps), they wiggle around when they see the person/s they love (and they DO love)... they are basically dogs in tanks. Give in to peer pressure. 8D

Shirtless Receiver

-MoomoolatteCha-
Well my two betta are divided by a divider in a tank.They flare up at eachother often more lately. I don't know why and someone told me thats because they are both male.
Is it okay like that?

How big is your tank, if I may ask? They will definitely flare if they are both male. Flaring is, among other things, a way of establishing dominance and territory.

Phail Ninja's Husband

Tiny Wolf

20 Gallon I think my mom bought me.

But someone told me I should put my guppies in with one of the males and put one of the other males in the 5 or 10[can't remember] gallon tank itself.
Its okay to have males in a divided tank. They'll flare at each other for a while, but they'll eventually realize that their neighbor is there to stay. You could also get mesh dividers to help with visibility :3 Flaring is good exercise, but sometimes too much flaring is a bad thing and can tear fins.

Lawls, betta talk makes me want more too xD

Edit: And I THINK you can put guppies in with a betta, as long as there are 6-8+ guppies. I think. Don't quote me.

Shirtless Receiver

20 gallons? Ooo, very nice!

I'm not sure about the guppy argument. I don't know enough about tank sharing to give you my opinion, honestly. I do know that occasional flaring between males is healthy though, so if they do it every now and then, I wouldn't worry too much. If they do it CONSTANTLY, then you have a problem.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff