the scary doggo's Partner In Crime

Benevolent Menace

16,190 Points
  • Master Slayer 200
  • Energy Harvester 150
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
User Image

User Image
This shop and its pets are not for the faint of heart!
Many of the creatures may have features that could trigger someone due to a phobia.
We care about your well being. Please approach / visit with caution!

Phobias are not fears, but send the viewer into a panic. Fears are not listed, phobias are.

Arachnophobia - Spiders
Coulrophobia - Fear of clowns
Blood - You will be notified if your pet falls under this.
Gore - You will be notified if your pet falls under this.

If you have a phobia that is not on this list and you would like it added, please contact staff!

A shop of Monsters to shake up the norm in the land of BC's! Welcome to SS:BM

And Welcome to our Guild!
User Image

Pyre Hounds:
User Image

Benevolent Menace

16,190 Points
  • Master Slayer 200
  • Energy Harvester 150
Here in SS:BM you'll have the normal features with your pets.

* Breeding
* Customizing
* Roleplaying
* Growing
* Plot and Story events
* Shop Events

You'll also have the following:

* User Events
* Soul Forge
* Divergent Evolution

Everyone knows the normal features of a BC shop, but we also have some abnormal features
and please allow me to explain a few to my best ability. User Events and what I mean by
that is you will be allowed to run your own give away events for your pets offspring or rehoming
a pet should you plan to leave our shop and want that option. SS:BM will NOT rehome pets
on our own, so any account that's abandoned with a pet will retain that pet.

Soul Forge is a tricky one because you won't be able to access it until late game. It's a
sort of mid way end goal for users who want to set goals. There's breeding pets, and then
there's the Forge, where you combine two pets into one. This can result in many different things
and is a VERY imperfect art, though it's normally thought to make a pet unique and far more
powerful than normal pets. There is one rule however, both pets that are mixed MUST be owned
by the user who is mixing a pet. Co-owning a Soul Forge pet is not allowed, sorry.

Divergent Evolution isn't quite as tricky but is still a mid to late game goal for people who
enjoy rping. While most pets only have two stages there's a chance that your pet may have
more. How many more? Well we don't exactly know. It may never stop or there may only be
one. It depends on the pet, owner, rp, everything about it. This is also a rather mysterious thing
and has yet to be explored, but as more and more users get to this stage more and more will be
explained and reviled.

There will be an 'end game' goal for users in the form of an unreleased pet. Once you've
gotten both a Soul Forge pet and a Divergent Evolved pet you'll become eligible for a pet on a
special base that you will not be able to get in any other way. How many bases will you be able
to pick from? Is there one? More? Good question. I suggest you hop to it!

Benevolent Menace

16,190 Points
  • Master Slayer 200
  • Energy Harvester 150
Customizing Pets

Most shops get the questions 'Can we have Cosplay pets' and I'll answer that now.
Yes, yes you can, but unless they're event pets such as a shop held event they are not to be
involved in RP and here's why. There can be more than one of each character. This is because it's
a fan pet and fan pets are not exclusive. If you have a pet based on lets say Charmander. There
can be another custom made based around Charmander because it's not your personal character.

OC's and Personal Characters are not considered cosplays and do not need to follow the above
rules. They are eligible for RP and any other type of shop feature.

Features that Cosplay pets are NOT part of:

* RP
* Divergent Evolution
* Some Shop Events ( RP based events or DE Events )

Benevolent Menace

16,190 Points
  • Master Slayer 200
  • Energy Harvester 150
Questions and Answers

Any questions that I haven't answered that you've got left, please ask here in the forum and I'll
answer em in this post so keep an eye out here after you've asked a question! PM's are also
allowed for your questions.

Benevolent Menace

16,190 Points
  • Master Slayer 200
  • Energy Harvester 150
Estimated Time of Arrival

It's estimated that SS:BM will be up and ready to run in just a few short months, and while we may
open a week before or after the predicted date it should be very close to an exact month.

Feb. 8 2015

Progress: 15%

Advertising:
On the day the shop launches the two users with the highest referals will both win custom monsters from any of our four opening species!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

[url=http://tinyurl.com/oenhsq2][img]http://tinyurl.com/oav3yfz[/img][/url]

Benevolent Menace

16,190 Points
  • Master Slayer 200
  • Energy Harvester 150
Posting is now allowed!

If you've got questions or comments please feel free to make them known!

Benevolent Menace

16,190 Points
  • Master Slayer 200
  • Energy Harvester 150
I am so sick. I didn't know I could feel this bad. My throat feels like I've been eating feather pillows.

Divine Prophet

I absolutely L O V E this idea! heart
I have had monsters on my mind for so many, many months, but am not skilled in that genre of art despite my mind coming up with tons of them.

While I love all the cutesy pets, I like the dark stuff too. I also like the additions that aren't usually available in other B/C shops. It seems like really exciting stuff!

*subscribes to the thread too*

Benevolent Menace

16,190 Points
  • Master Slayer 200
  • Energy Harvester 150
WitchWalk
I absolutely L O V E this idea! heart
I have had monsters on my mind for so many, many months, but am not skilled in that genre of art despite my mind coming up with tons of them.

While I love all the cutesy pets, I like the dark stuff too. I also like the additions that aren't usually available in other B/C shops. It seems like really exciting stuff!

*subscribes to the thread too*

Awesome! Thanks for the feedback! I've nearly got the first pet's grown stage done, and I'm going to make three before I set up the main thread so there's still time before this shop gets up and ready.

It's already got a guild that I'm working on setting up so I'm well on the way to having everything up and running.

I'm excited to unleash monsters in the BC forums. I think it's been too cute for too long. XD

Divine Prophet

Robotic RedCape
Awesome! Thanks for the feedback! I've nearly got the first pet's grown stage done, and I'm going to make three before I set up the main thread so there's still time before this shop gets up and ready.

It's already got a guild that I'm working on setting up so I'm well on the way to having everything up and running.

I'm excited to unleash monsters in the BC forums. I think it's been too cute for too long. XD

Based on the example of the art for the monster shown in the first post, I'm excited to see what you plan to reveal! Because that alone is really pretty to look at ~

I wish you the best of luck in setting everything up! Hopefully you won't overdo it and you have some help. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this thread.

Hell yes. Monsters. heart

Divine Prophet

P.S. I hope you feel better soon! The feeling of swallowing pillow feathers is awful. D:

Benevolent Menace

16,190 Points
  • Master Slayer 200
  • Energy Harvester 150
WitchWalk

Based on the example of the art for the monster shown in the first post, I'm excited to see what you plan to reveal! Because that alone is really pretty to look at ~

I wish you the best of luck in setting everything up! Hopefully you won't overdo it and you have some help. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this thread.

Hell yes. Monsters. heart

Sweet. I'm good at doing monsters so I should be okay on the art front, and I'll be doing the banners and stuff too so that's why I've got the month till the shops up. I also plan to reveal the first of the three species while having the two others as solid black outlines for a sort of profile view.

I plan on also adding more kinds of monsters as time goes on, along with some user contests so you can add monsters to the shop too, rather than not having any input as to what you want to see.

As far as the other stuff I'm still looking for a manager and maybe a couple of colorists.

When it comes to keeping an eye on the thread, well perhaps it also might keep its eye on you....

Divine Prophet

Robotic RedCape
Sweet. I'm good at doing monsters so I should be okay on the art front, and I'll be doing the banners and stuff too so that's why I've got the month till the shops up. I also plan to reveal the first of the three species while having the two others as solid black outlines for a sort of profile view.

I plan on also adding more kinds of monsters as time goes on, along with some user contests so you can add monsters to the shop too, rather than not having any input as to what you want to see.

As far as the other stuff I'm still looking for a manager and maybe a couple of colorists.

When it comes to keeping an eye on the thread, well perhaps it also might keep its eye on you....

Ooooh I can't wait to see the graphics you'll put out! I keep going back to admire the example art, so like, graphics too? WOOSH! Excitement for you and to see what will be shown when the time comes!

Oh gosh, you don't know how awesome that is to allow people to make suggestions via a contest! Like, if that doesn't get people into it beyond the other features mentioned, I don't know what would. I think it's always great to have user input one some things, That's a really generous idea of you to include.

If you ever decide to do hiring, I'd be happy to advertise! This monster I/T def needs to get out there. It sounds so great already.

So glad I was stalking the Pricing forums today ~
As for that eye, I certainly don't mind the extra company.

Benevolent Menace

16,190 Points
  • Master Slayer 200
  • Energy Harvester 150
WitchWalk

Ooooh I can't wait to see the graphics you'll put out! I keep going back to admire the example art, so like, graphics too? WOOSH! Excitement for you and to see what will be shown when the time comes!

Oh gosh, you don't know how awesome that is to allow people to make suggestions via a contest! Like, if that doesn't get people into it beyond the other features mentioned, I don't know what would. I think it's always great to have user input one some things, That's a really generous idea of you to include.

If you ever decide to do hiring, I'd be happy to advertise! This monster I/T def needs to get out there. It sounds so great already.

So glad I was stalking the Pricing forums today ~
As for that eye, I certainly don't mind the extra company.

You know what. I think that would be a great idea! If you give me a little while I should be able to whip up a little advertising image for the I/C thread and use that as my first real contest. >3>

That way I can have a user input monster right away!

I plan on trying to add some more fun ideas as the shop goes on, but for now this is about all we'll have.

Divine Prophet

Robotic RedCape
You know what. I think that would be a great idea! If you give me a little while I should be able to whip up a little advertising image for the I/C thread and use that as my first real contest. >3>

That way I can have a user input monster right away!

I plan on trying to add some more fun ideas as the shop goes on, but for now this is about all we'll have.

Oh of course! Take your time! I'll be happy to pop that in my sig as soon as it's up and available ~

I think at this rate if you ever do put up a public hiring thing, I may take a stab at it if I feel confident enough. Seriously looking forward to whatever you plan to put out!

I think you have a pretty good chunk of interesting features mentioned so far! As time goes on and hopefully with more traffic flowing here with people talking, I'm sure there will be more coming to your mind. :>

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff