Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which idea do you like best? (look at the first post for more details on each of them)

GOLD 0.16 16.0% [ 4 ]
A Zombie world B/C 0.08 8.0% [ 2 ]
An Alien world B/C 0.12 12.0% [ 3 ]
A Pacific Rim B/C 0.24 24.0% [ 6 ]
A Dinotopia world B/C 0.36 36.0% [ 9 ]
Other (please post!) 0.04 4.0% [ 1 ]
Total Votes:[ 25 ]
1 2 >

Brainy Bookworm

22,990 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300

OKAY! So for a while I've had a few ideas for shops that I start but never finish or get off the ground, mainly because I lack artistic skills to make bases/art for the shops and can't find someone who will work with me to create what I have in mind. So I was wondering if you the people could help me pick which one you think would be the most prosperous, or if you are an artist which one you would be the most willing to help me with. Some of the ideas already have thread/guilds that I have set up but everything can be tweaked if an artist wants to co-own a shop with me and change some things. Bellow are my ideas, please post in thread as well as vote in the poll!

1. A Zombie World B/C - Thread - Guild
          So this would be a mix of the last of us zombies, and walking dead zombies. The characters would be survivors trying to live their day to day life. Might add playable zombies and different kind of characters as metas later on if the shop does well. I have human bases for this, though I thought only the starting stage could be on bases with the others being more custom.

2. An Alien world B/C
          For this shop I actually have a bunch of lines that I could use, though I would only want to use a few. I was think something along the lines of a Mass Effect type setting? I would want to start with maybe two or three alien species, well one human and two aliens. I have three stages of art for all species.

3. A Pacific Rim B/C - Thread - Guild
          So I loved the movie. I have human lines for this one, but again I thought only the starting stage could be on bases with the others being more custom. Jaeger would be custom and there could be other jobs besides being a pilot and going out and fighting. Kaiju could be playable (and Kaiju pilots) maybe later on.

4. A Dinotopia world B/C
          I imaged something like this, with a world where dinosaurs and humans work together and can communicate. If anyone's ever seen the movie I thought it would be like that. I was thinking there would be human characters and at least three different kinds of dinosaurs to start with, with more being added as time passed by. Here is a trailer from the movie this would be models after.

Brainy Bookworm

22,990 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Fluffy Bunny

8,400 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
I would be ALL over Dinotopia!!!

Brainy Bookworm

22,990 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Cherry Atomic Cupcake

That would be my first choice, it's one of my favorite movies,
          but the hardest due to most people not drawing dinosaurs, or
          at least not realistic enough looking ones.

Brainy Bookworm

22,990 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Hum... I wounder, if I did dinotopia would people mind not so realistic dinosaurs?

Fluffy Bunny

8,400 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
I have friends who could draw them, but you'd probably have to bribe them if you can catch them online. lol

Bear

As much as I love Pacific Rim and would totally be all over that... I have to vote Dinotopia. That was my childhood and dinosaurs are the B/C pet I have always always sought after most. Problem is, I'm also pretty picky about my saurs, so it'd really have to depend on the art.

Brainy Bookworm

22,990 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300

I agree. I feel like Dinotopia would be the hardest art-wise. Although I found one person
          they kinda poofed so it didn't work out. I've had a few other people draw some sketches
          for me, but they haven't been exactly what I've had in mind so I didn't bite.

Haha I wish Cherry. I have 24bil which seems like a lot to me, but I doubt would get me
          very many lines from anyone. That's one of the reasons for that one at least I would like
          a partner that can draw the dino lines, so I don't have to spend money I don't have.

Cunning Codger

DINO!!! I thought you knew who to talk to when it came to arting and aliens! *eyes sternly*!!!!

Brainy Bookworm

22,990 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300

LordPocky
          DINO!!! I thought you knew who to talk to when it came to arting and aliens! *eyes sternly*!!!!

Haha, if I did the aliens you would be the one for sure.
          No one draws the sexy aliens like you. I'm just not sure
          which one to do. Whichever idea I'm going to put a ton
          of my gold (most likely all of it) into, so I kinda want it
          to be one that will draw a lot of people in.

Devoted Loiterer

P-Pacific Rim emotion_kirakira

Wealthy Cultist

Pacific Rim or Aliens (biased since I just started to play the ME series!)

Brainy Bookworm

22,990 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300

@Dis
          Right?! That was my first idea. One of the reasons I was worried about it was not being
          able to find people who were willing to draw the Jaegers.

@Snow
          Ahhh, the ME series is amazing! You're going to have a blast with it.

Wealthy Cultist

@Dino:
I'm right after Horizon on ME:2. And its amazing already. I can't believe it took me as long as it did to play.

Skilled Worker

11,700 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Generous 100
The Pacific Rim and ME inspired ones perk my interest, only because i feel there is a lack of really good future science fiction BC shops. The kaiju's and Jaegers would be a problem even for me to draw so unless you find someone who's thing is kaiju's and jaegers you might find them expensive or not at all.

<3 ME is probably a better one simply because people are more familiar with it and the universe of those games is very well set up with countless possibilities and routes you could take it.
(i would love to draw krogans and turrians and asari)

but DINOSAURS!!!
i dont know that i love the concept as much as i like the idea of dinosaur art though.
I would be interested in making dinosaur art but would probably take RL or a combination of that and items.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff