Interested?

Yes! :D 0.6969696969697 69.7% [ 23 ]
No D: 0.3030303030303 30.3% [ 10 ]
Total Votes:[ 33 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

[SHOP NAME GOES HERE]
Hiring/Interest Thread

incredibly long first post eek ...

I came up with this breedables idea some time ago, but it was my second priority as I was working to hire a lineartist for another shop that I had been working on even longer. (I had a little trouble trying to get the concept I wanted across in the art XP) I figured that while she was working on the lineart, I could go ahead and open up my other shop idea. biggrin
did that make any sense at all? XD

Interest (Read (or at least skim over it) before applying, kthnx)

The Basics

So far, the shop is unnamed. XP But I'll lay down the basics. (keep in mind that the story is not nearly finished... try not to get confused whee )

((By the way these pets are RP-Required for growth. They are not just there to look pretty.)) This takes place in the current time in a laboratory that has recently been built in a small corner of Osaka, Japan (Totally subject to change because I really don't have in mind where I want to put it), that one can only find when they're looking for it. The owners (called monitors) of the pets (specimens) has been called in to be a monitor in said laboratory where they examine victims of a number of diseases that they fear may become a plague. The roleplaying is done as the infected specimen except for in two cases. [(1) The specimen begins as an inanimate object. During the stages where the object is inanimate, you roleplay as the monitor, but your main focus must be the specimen; (2) Every monitor will keep a record of their specimen in the guild. You will write things that you have observed as well as data you have collected on the specimen.] OTHERWISE all roleplaying must be done as the specimen.

Page 5
The pets can be basically anything. A person, a flower, a corpse, a towel, a rabbit, et cetera. The new viruses that have been discovered can infect any of these things (although some are specific; for example, the CANON virus can only affect non-living specimens) They cause their host, whatever that may be, to adapt for the virus's needs. (See the virus info on the first post; it's not the most elaborate analysis, but it will be once the shop is up.)

A seemingly harmless virus has mutated into several unusual viruses:

+Structure transformation, or, lesser external naturalization Virus.
- Acronym: STOLEN
- Description: The victim of the STOLEN virus has chronic growing pains, but they are not severe. The infected specimen's body mutates gradually. This disease is rarely fatal. The changes made to the body are minor, although some species may need to adapt (For instance, a bird's wings could mutate to where it cannot fly)
+Structural threatening extreme anatomy mutation Virus.
- Acronym: STEAM
- Description: A mutation of the STOLEN virus, it is much more severe. The structure of the specimen changes drastically, causing severe chronic pains. The mutation could cause them to die (For example, a creature's teeth could grow through the opposite jaw, disabling the creature from being able to eat or drink)
+Corpse animation with noxious Osculating nature Virus.
- Acronym: CANON
- Description: The CANON virus feeds off of poisonous substances, thusly it chooses an inanimate host, such as a corpse. (For objects, the host will mutate the object to where it can be animated) Anything that touches the lips of the host becomes toxic, which causes harm to the victim's body. However, the CANON virus will keep its host alive... but just barely. ( a previous speciman that has died from another virus may catch this one, in which case a new kind of virus could form! o: )
+Kinetic ill-fated septic syndrome Virus.
- Acronym: KISS
- Description: This virus is very contagious and can be spread through skin contact. The KISS virus feeds off of its host's body, making this disease usually fatal. Victims of this disease are often captured and kept in confinement with other infected specimens to avoid spreading the disease.
+Reality obscuring sensory ether Virus.
- Acronym: ROSE
- Description: The ROSE virus feeds off of the senses: sight, smell, taste, touch, and hearing. The victim becomes delusional and acts as if they were on a constant high. The virus leaves the body once it has destroyed the senses.
+Anthro lycan essence Virus.
- Acronym: ALE
- Description: Victims of the ALE virus become beasts under the moonlight. Both animate and inanimate creatures are suseptable to this disease. During the transformation, the virus takes over the body and the victim has very limited control. They revert to their normal state in the sunlight. (Stages on the cert will be shown during the moonlight transformation.) The longer the virus is inside the body, the more severe their moonlight transformation will be.

The stages for the pets will be as follows:
STEAM/STOLEN virus
1. Incubation Period. This is the specimen before any symptoms of the virus has occured.
2. Initial symptoms. (If animate) The infected specimen will begin to feel growing pains. There are very slight symptoms of the disease; however, they are usually not too concerned at this stage. (if inanimate, such as a flower or a feather) The specimen begins to show slight changes in structure.
3. Examination, or, Evolution. (if living) The specimen begins noticing strange things happening to their body. The growing pains become more severe depending on the disease. (if human) The infected specimen definately knows something is wrong. They take a visit to the laboratory for an examination, and the virus is confirmed. (if animal) The specimen is discovered by one of the laboratory scientist and taken in for an examination, where the virus is confirmed. (if inanimate) The specimen's structure has changed even more. They have evolved into a living creature and are beginning to develop emotion as well.
4-9. Symptom Severity Increase. (SSI) The structural changes are more severe. Victims of the STOLEN virus do change, but nothing that is life threatening. Victims of the STEAM virus may encounter several situations in which they need to adapt. The chronic pain becomes worse and worse... but some are able to handle it and even stop noticing it? Previously inanimate creatures are now able to move about. Some can speak.
10. Final Stage: Do or Die! At this stage, the specimen is either cured and has been able to adapt to its new form, or is dead. (I don't plan on drawing dead things by the way XP I will have something there to symbolize their death.)

CANON virus
1.Incubation period. No symptoms of the virus have occured in the object yet. (Yes I will be drawing dead things for this one XD)
2.Animation. (if corpse) The corpse has come alive due to the needs of the CANON virus.(if object) The objects shows signs of mutation into a anthro type creature. It is alive but not yet able to move.
3.Socialization. The now animate creature has begun to try and adapt to living. (This is harder for objects than it is for corpses, as the latter used to be living; of course it depends on how long they have been dead.) What was once an object now has characteristics of a human.
4.Discovery. The specimen now has all of the basic characteristics of a living creature... including a need for energy. During this stage they discover that anything that touches their lips becomes diseased. Sometimes the specimen fasts, other times they become ill.
5-9.Toxidity. The specimen can no longer live without eating or drinking something. The poison deteriorates their body inside and out. However, the virus keeps the host alive so that it may keep feeding.
10.Final stage: Do or Die! The specimen has either been able to mutate and adapt, or the virus has left the body and they die. (I'm going to be consistant and just do a symbol for fatalities of the CANON virus as well.)

KISS/ROSE viruses
1.Incubation period. The specimen does not show any symptoms yet. ((note that the KISS and ROSE viruses can only effect animate creatures.))
2.Initial symptoms. The specimen can feels chronic sharp pains. (For the ROSE viruses, this pain is felt in either the eyes, ears, mouth, nose, or head(nervous system))
3.Examination. The specimen is examined at the laboratory and finds they are diseased. They are then put into confinement with others who are infected with the KISS and ROSE disease.
4-9.Deterioration. The body of the infected specimen starts to deteriorate. This is very painful, except when victims of the ROSE virus loose their sense of touch. Victims of both diseases often lose their sanity.
10.Final stage: Do or Die! In most cases, this disease is fatal. However, there are rumors of some who have lived...?

ALE virus
1.Incubation period. The virus has just entered the body of the specimen, but shows no symptoms.
2.First transformation. The first moonlight transformations have occured. The specimen remembers nothing that happened during those nights...
3.Full Moon Transformation. During the full moon, the specimen transforms and finds themselves as a beast. They cannot control their actions but they remember every moment of it.
4-9.Inner struggle. The specimen's body and behaviour during the moonlight becomes more and more fearsome. They begin to gain some control the longer they are infected.
10.Final Stage: Do or Die! The victim is either able to control the actions of their moonlight form, or they are hunted and killed by humans.

Hiring

For this shop I need a co-owner, colourist(s), additional lineartist(s) (I will be one of them), shop artist(s), someone to do banners and a cert, and a writer. If you are looking to apply, please fill out an application.

CO-OWNER APPLICATION:
You are applying to co-own the shop with me. This means that you will have to be responsible, help me manage things while I am away/busy, and be online often. Also, it may seem silly for me to point this out, but we need to be able to get along >.> I will most likely consult you about pricing, event planning, et cetera.
Application for Co-Owner
Name?:
How often are you online?:
Past experiences?:
Someone requests a custom for an unreasonably low price! They tell you that it is all of the gold they have on them right now. What do you do in this situation?:
What can you do for the shop? Why should I hire you?:
Anything else?:

COLOURIST APPLICATION:
You're applying to do colouring work for the shop. Don't ask me what kind of shading, et cetera, because I don't know jack about that! Also, it is not required, but I prefer that the lineart not be seen in the final coloured image because I think it looks better without the black line around the edge. Thin lines for definition are OK. But nevermind me, I'm just being picky. ^^; Colour it the way you do best. I'm not specific on what kind of media, et cetera. If you're unsure of what style to use, you can give examples of each!
Application for Colourist
Name?:
How much time are you willing to set aside for colouring?:
Examples?:
Colour this. Make edits if you want to. (This is lineart that I purchased a long time ago; It is not by me and it is not going to be used in the shop.): DO NOT STEAL! Kthnx.
Why should I hire you?:
Anything else?:

LINEARTIST APPLICATION:
These are 10 stage pets, each with individual lineart. I will be doing some of the lineart but I am going to need some additional lineartists to help me! Don't worry, I'll make sure you're not "swamped" with lineart x3 Inking is not required for these because, if you'll read above, I am looking to hire a colourist that will colour over/delete the lines. You are going to have to be creative also! I'll not be specific when it comes to what I want you to draw. Oftentimes I'll just say "We need lineart for a flatsale" and you'll have to come up with something.
Application for Lineartist
Name?:
How much time are you willing to set aside for drawing lineart?:
Can I see some examples?:
Please draw ONE of the following (any stage except Incubation and DOD) - (1) a human corpse with CANON disease, (2) a wrench with ALE disease, or (3) a lionfish with STEAM disease:
Why should I hire you?:
Anything Else?:

SHOP ARTIST APPLICATION:
You're applying to do art for the shop. You need to be able to draw people, environments, and/or people in environments! These will be used in the guild and the main thread. Don't worry, I won't be asking you to do a new scene every day! You will be doing specific laboratory scientists and scenes for roleplay and events. You are allowed to take your time with event scenes, because I should give you a month or two in advance. The scenes for roleplay and characters do not have a specific requirement of when they need to be done, though I will probably remind you now and then that I would like for it to be finished soon. The drawings don't have to be coloured.
Application for Shop Artist
Name?:
How much time are you willing to set aside for this job?:
Can I see some examples?:
Please draw ONE of the following - (1) a girl's bedroom, (2) a 20 year old man, or (3) a person smoking in an alley:
Why should I hire you?:
Anything Else?:

BANNERS AND CERT APPLICATIONS:
You are offering your services to draw banners and a cert for the shop. These will be for post headings in the main thread plus some in the guild, and a heading for each of the monitors' journals. This job is not too awfully time consuming.
Bannerist Application
Name?:
How much time will you be willing to set aside for making banners?:
Can I see an example of banners?:
Make me banner for this shop with the word "Rules" on it.:
Why should I hire you?:
Anything Else?:

I also need someone to make a cert! It needs to have a place for the shop name (you can leave it blank, use a temporary name if you like, or just put "Shop Name" if you can replace it) Date of Infection (DOI), Name, Specimen, Monitor, virus, and credits (concept by, lineart by, colouring by, cert by) in no particular order. It can be no larger than 450x450 so it can fit in people's signatures. (if it is just a few pixels larger then that's ok x3)Something pretty but not too elaborate or it will draw away from the pet. You can submit more than one if you like. A price will be discussed if yours is picked.
Cert Application
Name?:
Cert(s)?:
Anything Else?:

WRITER APPLICATION:
You're going to be writing for the shop! This includes an introduction for the shop, settings for roleplaying, history of places, and events! I am a writer myself but I'm working on an awful lot of writing projects right now.
Writer Application
Name?:
How much time will you be willing to set aside for writing?:
Give me an example of your work. (URLs are great):
Give me a name and description of the laboratory and some people who work there:
Why you?:
Anything else?:

Applications

Co-owner

sabrekitsune
Name?: sabrekitsune, you can call me Krys though.
How often are you online?: Everyday, unless I'm away.
Past experiences?: Hmm, I sell several things in the exchange on occasion, and am currently trying to open my own breedables shop called HAZARDS.
Someone requests a custom for an unreasonably low price! They tell you that it is all of the gold they have on them right now. What do you do in this situation?: Explain that we can't take that. Not rudly, but enough to get the point across, and show why we can't.
What can you do for the shop? Why should I hire you?: I can do lineart (once my scanner is fixed xd ) And I'm level-headed about managing.
Anything else?: I don't like being rude. I hate it. I think we could get along... sweatdrop

Mikaria
Although I am in the process of starting my own shop, I will apply.

Name?: Mikaria, Christine.(Christine is real name, and I do not like the nicknames the name is given, unless you want to call me Tini...)
How often are you online?: I can be online most/all weekends from November-April. Other weekends may be taken up with Nascar racing.. I do study and go to school, so probably after 2 is a good time. I have my own computer and have no restrictions on time limits so I can stay on for a while.
Past experiences?: I have run a sizable minishop before, and as I have said before; I am in the process of starting my own b/c shop.
Someone requests a custom for an unreasonably low price! They tell you that it is all of the gold they have on them right now. What do you do in this situation?: Although I have been in the low gold spot, the price is already set. The work put into this hasn't been for naught. Maybe there will be a time when they would earn the money to buy it.
What can you do for the shop? Why should I hire you?: I could sketch some art for the shop, maybe have a guest sale. I have a level tempermant and am not set off very easily. I also can bring alot of business to the shop, as I have many friends on this site with needs for new pets.

Deceased Sianna
Name?: Vania ^^ Although most people call me Nia..
How often are you online?: Quite a bit, actually. As long as I am needed [And not on the phone xP] I am on Gaia.
Past experiences?: I've worked in quite a few shops. Prismasprites twice, working in a couple of new shops, helping them get up off of the ground and such, but I always want more work, because I have this whole thing with loving being needed ^^ And I love petshops, being the first secure thing I found on Gaia, and I love working on them ^^
Someone requests a custom for an unreasonably low price! They tell you that it is all of the gold they have on them right now. What do you do in this situation?: I would calmly, politely explain to them that the shop had set prices, and although I would like to be able to give them one, I would be unable to, as to it would be unfair to all of the patrons involved, including the artists, and all other workers for the shop, who put quite a bit of work into the shop.
What can you do for the shop? Why should I hire you?: Well, actually, I'm a writer. I love setting things up and making sure that they run smoothly. I love planning events, and running them through. I even put everything on a calendar thing to make sure that I don't forget anything ^^;
Anything else?: Umm.. <.<; I'm not sure ^^; I think that that's overall everything that I need to say.

Links:

Shop I'm starting ^^
Prismasprites 2
Prismasprites 1
Xanthian Internal Affairs <3

livingdeadgurl88
Application for Co-Owner Wrote:
Name?: livingdeadgurl or Jo
How often are you online?: everyday for several hours...
until i have nothing better to do.
Past experiences?: i used to own a banner, wishlist and so on shop...
now i own a bumping service.
Someone requests a custom for an unreasonably low price! They tell you that it is all of the gold they have on them right now. What do you do in this situation?:
i'd tell them that i'm sorry but there is a set price for everyone.
but not to give up since the shop will probably still be there if they try and get more gold.
if it was up to me i'd let it go but then everyone would
ask for it.
What can you do for the shop? Why should I hire you?:
i can do anything to help, run it, make sure everything
is as it should be... just anything.
Anything else?: i'd really be dedicated and would try and
make the best out of my abilities to help smile

Succubus.Receptionist
Name?: Succubus.Receptionist
How often are you online?: Weekdays: 4~5 hours Weekends: 8~9
Past experiences?: I own Succubus.Eggs
Someone requests a custom for an unreasonably low price! They tell you that it is all of the gold they have on them right now. What do you do in this situation?: First I'd go ask you before saying anything to them o.o
What can you do for the shop? Why should I hire you?: I can manage things like pet owners, rp, stages, etc. I've been doing that with my Succubi so I'm used to it now 3nodding
Anything else?: Even if I'm not hired I'd still love to help ^_^

Disguised~Angel
Name?: Rayne
How often are you online?: 2-5 hours daily
Past experiences?: I've owned a shop or two one was CKC
I ran it for two months then I had a accident and had to stop for a while and never got back on track. (a freak accident)
Someone requests a custom for an unreasonably low price! They tell you that it is all of the gold they have on them right now. What do you do in this situation?: I nicley and calmly explain that it was not a reasonable price and then tell them how to earn a more gold to cover the price of a item.
What can you do for the shop? Why should I hire you?: I am very persasive and I can get affliates everywhere advertise like crazy! I can Also on days where your very busy deal with customers and update things on the front page. You should hireme because I am fun and loving I can always keep someone talking andI love to give constructive opinoins. I also love to do contests inthe shop to keep people coming in. I have many Ideas and hope I can share them with you!
Anything else?: Just let me know if there is anything you need, if you pick me aswell I be willing to chip in and help with things like events. (I won't leave you to pay for everything!)

Colourist

-Chiko-Stix-
Name?: -Chiko-Stix-
How much time are you willing to set aside for colouring?: as much time I have besides school and when I'm not on.
Examples?:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a143/chiko-stix/coverdone.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a143/chiko-stix/adult4color2.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a143/chiko-stix/firstorder.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a143/chiko-stix/seniorfinished.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a143/chiko-stix/Silamrilfin.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a143/chiko-stix/fin.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a143/chiko-stix/homagosh.jpg
Colour this. User Image
Why should I hire you?: Because I'm uber broke and I'm always bored online with nothing to do, and this would help me spend time. Also I am starting an art portfolio for my college application!
Anything else?:I LOVE YOU! heart

Line Artist

Fish Fillet
Name?: Fish Fillet
How much time are you willing to set aside for drawing lineart?: As long as is needed. I nearly always finish the work given me. It could take me up to three weeks to complete heavy things if my life is busy, but lineart wouldn't take but 3 days or less.
Can I see some examples?: My deviantArt account ( http://abusedmollusc.deviantart.com/ ) has some rather more creative works on it.
Otherwise: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v104/Winged/Gaia/elf.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v104/Winged/Gaia/zombielove.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v104/Winged/OCdawn2.jpg

Please draw ONE of the following (any stage except Incubation and DOD) - (2) a wrench with ALE disease:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v104/Winged/pets/wrenchALE.jpg
(Sorry about the patchiness. I did it quickly and then I tried to remove some of the gray. Lazily.)

Why should I hire you?: Because I think your idea is awesome. :[] I'm very creative with things like this and I think it fits my style reasonably well. It's sort of my dream outlet, really.
Anything Else?: Yes. I am also willing to do shop art for you, though perhaps not on an entirely regular basis. I think it would be really fun, though. If you would like extra samples I'd be happy to oblige. I am also pretty much willing to do any odd jobs you might have laying around.

Shop Artist

none

Banners

littlechickie
Name?: Jacinda (littlechickie)
How much time will you be willing to set aside for making banners?: Lots
Can I see an example of banners?: User Image
Make me banner for this shop with the word "Rules" on it.: User Image
Why should I hire you?: because I can get things finished in time
Anything Else?:No

Certs

none

Writing

none

Et Cetera...

If you have an idea for a virus, please let me know! Include the name, acronym, and a description of the virus(es). I am always open to new ideas!

Please help me with a shop name if you can think of one! Or how about coming up with a name for the laboratory? O,o

Also if you could tell me your opinions on the concept I would be most grateful! You can give any suggestions too.

NO STEALING THIS CONCEPT PLEASE! It's my idea. Go get your own. Thank you. ^_^
Name?: sabrekitsune, you can call me Krys though.
How often are you online?: Everyday, unless I'm away.
Past experiences?: Hmm, I sell several things in the exchange on occasion, and am currently trying to open my own breedables shop called HAZARDS.
Someone requests a custom for an unreasonably low price! They tell you that it is all of the gold they have on them right now. What do you do in this situation?: Explain that we can't take that. Not rudly, but enough to get the point across, and show why we can't.
What can you do for the shop? Why should I hire you?: I can do lineart (once my scanner is fixed xd ) And I'm level-headed about managing.
Anything else?: I don't like being rude. I hate it. I think we could get along... sweatdrop
I'm here! xd
*pokes* o:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas