Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devoted Kitten

Serkunet

Yea that's fine! Alot of us like to put some sort of small watermark in the corner of the image or something, watermarks/signatures are totally fine!

Yea I was actually thinking of setting the collective thread up early in the test forum and like get a mod to move it xD
Yea a test forum could work, don't know how people feel moving from one thread to the main one to order. I guess it was the same though with the website XD

User Image
Okay, awesome. c:
I wanted to make sure first :3

True, but it was like that with the shop website, xD
I don't think there's much of a difference between the two on that lol~

Care to vote for someone?

Lavish Spirit

Mistress100

User Image
Okay, awesome. c:
I wanted to make sure first :3

True, but it was like that with the shop website, xD
I don't think there's much of a difference between the two on that lol~

Care to vote for someone?

True true!
I do quite like that idea now XD

Space Pup

User Image

Using the test forum in stead of the site!
        It would just be like if we had the actual site, just the link would redirect to somewhere on gaia
        [i like it!]

Quaint Bunny

59,925 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
Using a test thread to set up the shop and get it moved is fine. But... actually having the "shop" thread in the mini shops and what usually is on the websites in the test thread is unneeded. Guys... (and mainly girls) you weren't wanting to have 1 post per artist originally so we could see everything in one page but the previews would be moved to the test forum? Doesn't make sense and feels like worse in my head than having 2 pages of artists to scroll. No need to redirect people somewhere really. And... one can simply open multiple tabs (or windows) if they want to fill an order while checking things at the same time. Afterall, isn't it what everyone usually do in mini shops? I don't see why things would need to be different here.

Lavish Spirit

I am leaning towards the 1 artist per post, since you have made good points.

I think with a thread in the test forums for the artists, I wouldn't have to worry about reserving posts, I could just make the posts as we get the submissions.

Shy Kitten

Name: purrrplekitty
Shop Link:
User Image
Samples of Previous Work: Halloween 2011 - Winter 2011 - Spring 2012 - Summer 2012 - Halloween 2012 - Winter 2012 - Spring 2013 - Summer 2013 - Halloween 2013

Quaint Bunny

59,925 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
Serkunet
I am leaning towards the 1 artist per post, since you have made good points.

I think with a thread in the test forums for the artists, I wouldn't have to worry about reserving posts, I could just make the posts as we get the submissions.

Is it really that bad to reserve too much posts in advance? You can just post a "nothing here" or something similar on the first post of each pages if there's nothing to see and either leave or delete the rest of unused posts once the store open. People doesn't really need to see every page too -- they start on the first page and if they do take the time to read they will know there's no point to open this or that page. And... by leaving a message in the first post of each empty page, it's clear to them where to go to continue reading on.

Another possibility could be to simply not allow any posting in the "shop" thread until the day of the deadline and all the artists posts are reserved. The shop usually doesn't always open right away, so that would give that small time to ask a mod to move the thread while finishing adding the content to it. To make things easier, filling the rest of the last page you needed for the artists with reserved posts would give enough space to use more if needed and a cleaner start for the pages on which people will post. There's also the fact people looking for the artists images wouldn't ends up with a long page loading filled with "random" comments at the bottom smile

The only reason I can see why some currently open mini shops needs to use those (ie. test threads) is because they have too much stuff for what they had originally reserved for their store. So to ease the loading time, they simply move them to a test page. However, it's clearly not our case here -- it's a new thread with only one purpose, so we don't need to split things.

Lavish Spirit

Well I was imagining people might not know when to stop and if we did get onto a second or third page, with only one post or something, I don't know, kinda strange.
I suppose a contents post at the top of the page would help.

Yea we can do the 'do not post' notice, the collective generally doesn't open right away is mostly cause we're still just getting everything ready, mostly me getting the website updated the next morning with any new submissions that were sent in while I was asleep.

I figured with a test thread as well, we could reuse the thread for the next collective.

Quaint Bunny

59,925 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
Serkunet
Well I was imagining people might not know when to stop and if we did get onto a second or third page, with only one post or something, I don't know, kinda strange.
I suppose a contents post at the top of the page would help.

Yea we can do the 'do not post' notice, the collective generally doesn't open right away is mostly cause we're still just getting everything ready, mostly me getting the website updated the next morning with any new submissions that were sent in while I was asleep.

I figured with a test thread as well, we could reuse the thread for the next collective.

Well.... unless you re-use both threads (both the shopping thread and the test thread with the samples), you would always ends up creating at least a new thread anyway, no?

As for the test thread, yup, simply adding a DNP should let ppl not to post in it. AND it's actually a reportable thing in that sub-forum, so usually people follow it wink

Anyway, either way is fine at the end of the day. If you go with a test thread, links to each artist could be added if wanted -- it doesn't change much for it aside from the url biggrin
HolidayJubilee

Name: mokochana
Shop Link: i don't have my own minishop , only DA gallery
Samples of Previous Work: Winter 09/ Summer 2010/ Summer 2012/ Autumn 2012, ect

Lavish Spirit

lilloulou

Nah, we wouldn't reuse the main thread, but now that you mention it, might be sticking with the stuff in the main thread. Since all the previous collectives you can view each website and that collective's inventory....depending when you view the website of course XD
Since we do move the files about in photobucket ^^'

Beloved Regular

HolidayJubilee
Kiwi Hatake

That's grand, just tell me in advance, so I can wait for you ^^

Thanks biggrin Hopefully I shouldn't have any problems, I seem to be able to get to the library every weekend in the least.

Space Pup

Hello! I'd like to submit to be an artist for the collective this year 3nodding

Name: Veelociraptor Rex
Shop Link: User Image
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/mini-shops/ampers-nd-pixel-av-art-open/t.93560403/

Samples of Previous Work:
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
Artist List updated!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out