❧ ... Applicants
              ❧ ... Links
              ❧ ... To-Do List

Updates

dd || mm || 14 || Set up thread
              01 || 06 || 14 || Rainbow Lime/Store went on mini hiatus
              09 || 08 || 14 || Rainbow lime is back!

User Image
              Ah that favourite phrase all stories start with, yes even this one. Once upon a time there was a kingdom, a mermaid, a prince, a dragon, a wolf, a storm, a war...

A thousand and one tales have come and gone, been told and retold, forgotten or changed and all the while humanity continued on their merry way telling each other these works of fiction, but you know what they say about the power of belief - because it's a very powerful thing indeed! All those favourite stories, those fairylands and legends and myths well, they exist. Not here of course but in their own land, their own kingdoms and realms and they are born and fed from the telling and retelling of their tales and in their existence they give mankind the hope and endurance we've all grown up on listening to and dreaming about. They are the memory of the light when we are at our darkest.

Or they were...

There was a Shadow, an encompassing darkness that spread and turned all it touched to nothingness and corruption, the anti-fairytale really. At first each kingdom thought to itself 'Oh it'll never come here, once it finishes them it's greed with be satiated'. But it never was, and from Oz to Wonderland, to Neverland and the kingdoms beyond it approached and swallowed them whole. It was a war on the very beliefs and values humans tend to whole so dear, a war on happy endings and hope. There was but only one land left surviving, a tiny island of sanctuary protected by shields which had been forged long before memory, made of pure light it was the final piece of a once great World. Each civilian retreated to it as their homes were taken, at least those who fled instead of fighting, until at last Princess looked at witch and Wolf at Pig and they had to agree at last there was a bigger evil than their rivalry.

But the Island was small and each day newcomers flocked to its shore - uncertain of their futures.

It was decided a spell was to be made by all the wizards, witches, enchantresses, fairies, sorcerers, warlocks, and even the might of the lords was the realms, were to be used in forging its like. It was a portal to another world you see, the only one they had a connection to, the only one they might have hope of recovering from. Ours.

A single wizard was chosen to remain and make his own way to this new world to look after the denizens of the enchanted world, the spell would transport all others - but at a cost, for all magic comes at a price and the more powerful the more costly. Each and every person would lose their memory in exchange for this chance of hope, to be returned to them only if they themselves could find them in the strange new world., but how can you remember your past when your life is only ever spoken of like a fairytale?

- - - -

But I'm forgetting myself of course, you wanted a book - that's right and here I was blabbing on about silly stories! It sounds like that new tv show or comic book doesn't it? I guess good ideas never stay on the page for long. Here, I've just got the book for you anyways - no no take it, it's free! What? There's no catch, it's just a book, see see? Pages, spine, words...It's 'give a stranger a free book day'. No I didn't just make it up, look you're being very annoying now so I think you should just go - and don't forget your book!
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

❧ ... Blank Book:
    Great, you went to go buy the new novel in a series from that fancy bookstore down the street and instead You've walked away empty handed, well almost empty handed. Let's look at that 'free book' you got...HEY wait a second, where did all the words go, wasn't it full back at the store? What's this schmuck trying to pull, invisible ink? Oh well, guess it'll make a good notebook.

[ 1 week, requires set up journal in guild to advance]

❧ ... Glowing Book:
    Oh crap, it was just lying on the coffee table and you when suddenly, woosh! Why you? Why now? What the heck is it doing? Each book will have it's own individual glow pattern.

[ 3 days - 1 week, requires either a solo or group Rp about what set it off glowing (phrase relating to book, an item, poking to too much etc... ]

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

❧ ... Civilian
    Your book has now returned to the library, filling with the words of a new story. In it's place, having fallen right out the pages after the lights and glitter have toned down, you're left with a confused youth who has no memories but vaguely resembles their fairy tale counterpart - they may even have some of their personality, but not always. You should probably figure out where they're going to stay and what to call them. They should be beginning to get to know the world around them and even remembering a few vague memories.

[ Art in the works, may use a full body base? unique lines waist up shot? 3 Weeks, requires 3 solo or group rp's to move onwards ]

❧ ... Awakened Fable
    Awakend Fables are civilians who have awoken to the idea that they're not quite 'of this world'. They should have a few memories and can even move away from their initial guardian. Their personalities can match or oppose their old persona and they may even have a few abilities of their own. They tend to look more like their old counterpart. From here they can choose two paths to grow.

[ Thigh up1 month, requires at least 1 solo rp and 4 group rps ]

❧ ... Living Legend - Fairytale Figure
    Fairytale Figures are Fables who have fully embraced their old life and rejected any new memories they may have gained, this includes taking on all their evil or good faults. Although the fairytale world is gone they are able to visit and live in what's left of the tiny hole in their world. However remember not everyone will be aware of any new opinions you've formed and you'll be required to take up your old role when staying. They may socialize outside this community, albeit infrequently, but generally do not talk much with anyone without a fable origin who was their ally in 'the good ol' days'.

Fairytale figures can only procreate if it's within their story i.e Cinderella & Prince Charming. All powerful fairies, witches where it is not canon may not. But hey, you're almost a godlike power so who cares?

❧ ... Living Legend - Rewrite

Rewrites are Fables which choose to no longer play along with their former life, their powers will take a dire hit and be reduced but they're free to be the fable they want to be, be with the fable of their choosing and have as many little fables as they want. Fables who choose to Rewrite their story will not progress any further* and can have their character rewritten and reborn in the great library for another chance to be told.

❧ ... Fairytale Royalty - the super awesome art stage

A stage only given to those who stick with the shop and encourage rp. Royalty are the best Fable they can be and their powers become almost godlike. They are able to pass between the fairytale realm and real world at will to their own ends, even pursuing relationships with non-fables if they so wish. Each fable has the ability to reach this level regardless of role as it makes them the quintessential version of themselves across all tales - the alpha Fable of that role you could say, no matter how many times it's told or retold.

* For extended shop loyalty one can have their rewritten fable redrawn to include new hair, children, clothing or anything else that makes them unique.
User Image

Flatsales | Price TBD
              Premades will usually be awarded for rp based flatsales. Flatsales will issue out a prompt which potential owners must reply to and it will then be judged by staff. Usually once a month with between 2 & 4 available.

Auction
              Self explanatory really. There will be anti snipe guards in place. Some auctions may require the set up of a quest thread in the case of customs or semi customs. Will usually have one once a month.

Events
              Special Rp events or shop games may take place where various types of Fables will be awarded, from custom to premade. Unsure of availability.
User Image

Yay yay yay, you've read this far, you might be interested in joining? Awesome, please fill out the below!

Rp Manager
              aka. The creative one | 2 mill a month and a custom pet from the store.
              Rp managers are in charge of looking after roleplaying - duh. I'm after someone I can bounce ideas off of and who can bring up their own for plots and events. Second duty is showing off your creativity and helping me come up with premade designs because I'm an uncreative git who only likes drawing girly flowers and sparkle eyed princesses. Also collaborating with the rp manager to remind me who needs growings and who needs a kick in the butt if they're inactive

[size=12.5][b]LEFT HAND MAN [ INSERT USERNAME [/b][/size]
              [size=11][b]Contact[/b]: Pms, thread, skype <-- preferred
              [b]Experience[/b]: Worked for a bcp before? If yes please supply links.
              [b]Why do you want the job?[/b][strike]4 teh gold millions[/strike
              [b]RP Samples[/b]: Provide link please.
              [b]Civillian Sample: [/b] Pick a fairytale character and tell/show me what their civilian stage looks like. Sketch it, Mspaint it, put a polyvore outfit together, provide multiple links or just write it. Please do two or three of these for a male and female.[/size]

Thread Manager
              aka. The usefull one || 3 mill a month - Can haggle on amount
              I can't be online all the time and frankly I can very easily got lost in events and sales. Your job is to make sure everyone plays nice as well as keeping the thread alive and updated, Figuring out who has paid and collaborating with the rp manager to remind me who needs growing and who needs a kick in the butt if they're inactive. You can choose if you do or don't want a pet from the store.

[size=12.5][b]RIGHT HAND MAN [ INSERT USERNAME [/b][/size]
              [b]Tell me a bit about you:[/b] Do you like bananas? IT'S IMPORTANT!
              [b]Why do you want the job?[/b][strike]4 teh gold millions[/strike][/size]

Guest or Part time Artist
              aka. When lime is too lazy || All proceeds from auctions or customs
              I get art block, it happens and I can fall behind on drawings too. I'd love someone else to help ease the load either as a permanent part-timer or as a few guests. You'd be required to do at least 2 pets a month and continue to finish their growth cycle. Please try to match this style.

[size=12.5][b]EXTRA HAND INSERT USERNAME [/b][/size]
              [b]Samples: [/b] Art samples please.
              [b]Why do you want the job?[/b][strike]4 teh gold millions[/strike][/size]

User Image

GUEST/PART-TIME
Abeno Seimei
EXTRA HAND ABENO SEIMEI
Experience: moonrealm/isle of raious, Komirin, Children of Ra, Nacysia
Samples:
xxxx
vvvvv
xxxx
vvvvvv
xxxxxx
xxxxx
vvvvvvv
xxxxx
vvvvvvv
xxxxxx
vvvvvvv
xxxxxx
vvvvvv
xxxxxx
vvvvvv
xxxxxx
vvvvvv
xxxxxx
vvvvvvvv
xxxxxx

Why do you want the job?4 teh gold millions This shop has a good concept and it's gonna be super cute. i know it.

Mrs Cannibal
EXTRA HAND MRS CANNIBAL
Experience: yes.

currently:
crown genesis - full time artist
formerly:
HM: UTM - part time artist
and like 5 other shops i've been in but too lazy to list

Samples: tumblr | will mostly likely do this type of style.
Why do you want the job? because i'm bored.

Madness_insanity

EXTRA HAND MADNESS_INSANITY YO!!
Contact: Pms, and I have skype but I'd have to re-install cause I don't use it much anymore.
Experience: Yeah, most of them have gone under, but I've worked with templates, bases and full-custom art.
Recently worked for
Țhere Ȁnd βack Ȁgain
and
★La Luna★
Samples:
B/C art (older)
Other B/C art (Hobbits)
General Art
Why do you want the job? Partly boredom, partly cause the idea sounds fun and partly because I need motivation to draw lol

LEFT HAND
robot kitten

LEFT HAND MAN [robot kitten]
Contact: AIM (I'll be on this a lot), Pms, thread, I do have a skype, but aim works better for me.
Experience: Yes,
Current Updater( though I do more than just updating: I help run events, keep tabs on who's doing what, and answer Q's as well as make up events and stuff for the guild) at Magesc.
Why do you want the job?4 teh gold millions I grew up on Disney and adore fairytales of all sorts!
RP Samples: Here's a journal full of them. Kadryn's my first real B/C pet :3

Civillian Sample:
The Golden Goose: Grimm fairy tale
The Golden Goose character: A tiny female, blonde hair that's short and straight, tanned skin. Has a long and thin nose and instead of normal human eyes: goose eyes. She'd wear thread bare clothes that are pale yellow to a rich gold. On her back are tattooed gold wings. If you have animal features allowed, then her feet would be flippers, and the arms would have feathers on the fore arms if not being actual wings.

Snow White and Rose Red: Grimm fairy tale.
the Bear/Prince: A tall and broad man, has a thick busy head of hair (can come with a beard and hairy chest too at later stages). Wears something along the lines of the bottom right hand corner man in the green cloak's outfit: embroidered tunic, tights, big cloak. Cloak would be fur trimmed and he'd be wearing big boots that are again fur trimmed. (all this fur cause of the bear!)

Red Rose: a tanned girl, dark slightly wave mane of black hair, wears a short skirt that's shaped like a red rose with a modern punk look to the rest of her outfit: black and red themed with rose designs. Hair held up with a deep red rose pin. That's a more modern theme. A more fairy tale theme would be a red peasants frock with a black corset. In black embroidery, rose designs stitched into the dress. Red embroidered rose designs upon the black corset. Hair still held back by the rose pin.

Yushika
LEFT + RIGHT HAND MAN [ Yushika
Experience: Yup! Worked at Alchemia Magicae - I worked here for about five months, but the owner of the shop kept vanishing and eventually ended up quitting Gaia. I was a thread and guild Mod, as well as the main RP manager.

I currently work at: Current shops I work in: Vulpini Lupus Fumus - I helped create the shop and works as event manager, rp manager, colorist, and thread mod. The shop is extremely slow, sadly, and the owner fluctuates between being in and out due to RL troubles.
The Coloring Box - I helped create and am the co-owner of the shop. The other owner has put the shop on hiatus due to her suddenly owning iZunes and wanting to focus on iZunes instead.
BeyondWalls - An Attack on Titan based shop! I work as RP manager <3
And a new shop Warriors of Star Clan. I am a shop mod and RP manager.
Why do you want the job? I love the art and idea of the shop, and wish to help make it an awesome place.
RP Samples: Contest sample, Solo, PRP - I can provide more if needed. Been RPing since 2007.
Civillian Sample: Pick a fairytale character and tell/show me what their civilian stage looks like. Sketch it, Mspaint it, put a polyvore outfit together, provide multiple links or just write it. Please do two or three of these for a male and female.

Red Riding Hood (F) - Her hood will be extremely similar to . She wears flat boots
. Instead of carrying a wicker basket, she has a silver bracelet on her right hand with a basket charm on it. Her hair is long and light brown, and her eyes are wide and green.

Her male partner, the Big Bad Wolf, has a hood/cape like this to cover his wolf ears. His outfit underneath is similar to this. His eyes would be piercing blue, and he'd have long black hair

The third and last design would be Cinderella. Her dress is similar to this. Her hair is long and black, and her eyes are a blue/green color. She wears glass shoes, and loose bow around her waist. Her wrists are adorned with ribbons, as well as her legs.

Note: I am applying for both thread mod and RP manager~

RIGHT HAND
Yushika
LEFT + RIGHT HAND MAN [ Yushika
Experience: Yup! Worked at Alchemia Magicae - I worked here for about five months, but the owner of the shop kept vanishing and eventually ended up quitting Gaia. I was a thread and guild Mod, as well as the main RP manager.

I currently work at: Current shops I work in: Vulpini Lupus Fumus - I helped create the shop and works as event manager, rp manager, colorist, and thread mod. The shop is extremely slow, sadly, and the owner fluctuates between being in and out due to RL troubles.
The Coloring Box - I helped create and am the co-owner of the shop. The other owner has put the shop on hiatus due to her suddenly owning iZunes and wanting to focus on iZunes instead.
BeyondWalls - An Attack on Titan based shop! I work as RP manager <3
And a new shop Warriors of Star Clan. I am a shop mod and RP manager.
Why do you want the job? I love the art and idea of the shop, and wish to help make it an awesome place.
RP Samples: Contest sample, Solo, PRP - I can provide more if needed. Been RPing since 2007.
Civillian Sample: Pick a fairytale character and tell/show me what their civilian stage looks like. Sketch it, Mspaint it, put a polyvore outfit together, provide multiple links or just write it. Please do two or three of these for a male and female.

Red Riding Hood (F) - Her hood will be extremely similar to . She wears flat boots
. Instead of carrying a wicker basket, she has a silver bracelet on her right hand with a basket charm on it. Her hair is long and light brown, and her eyes are wide and green.

Her male partner, the Big Bad Wolf, has a hood/cape like this to cover his wolf ears. His outfit underneath is similar to this. His eyes would be piercing blue, and he'd have long black hair

The third and last design would be Cinderella. Her dress is similar to this. Her hair is long and black, and her eyes are a blue/green color. She wears glass shoes, and loose bow around her waist. Her wrists are adorned with ribbons, as well as her legs.

Note: I am applying for both thread mod and RP manager~

Teh Puritysan
RIGHT HAND MAN [ TEH PURITYSAN ]
Experience: Yes. this, this, this, this, this, and my current project. I also help run this. xD
Tell me a bit about you: I do like bananas. And you've reminded me that I have some! But they've probably gone bad now. Awwwwwwwwwww..... but... I like final fantasy, and OUAT (which is why this shop interested, I like fairy tales. lol). UHMMM... I like anime? Sailor Moon? biggrin I work at a movie theater? I'm hilariously organized? I'm bad a**??? XDD
Why do you want the job?4 teh gold millions
Because I like B/C shop. c:
User Image

Q: Are multiple versions of the same fairytale allowed?
              The definitive answer is 'it's possible'. As long as it's based on an actual fairytale ( So even though Tangled and Frozen themselves are based on fairytales Elsa and Flynn aren't going to be accepted ) it's viable. It'd pretty much be a case by case basis since I don't want a bunch of the same character clogging up the shop and each variation has to differ at least in several ways to the original. To compare;

No-Go
              Snow White A: Snow white eats an apple, gets woken up by prince. End.
              Snow White B: Snow white gets poisoned by a comb, a sash and lastly an apple. Gets woke by prince. End.

The difference here is only minimal, even though both are accepted versions, there's just not enough extra material to add to the characters.

Acceptable
              Cinderella A
              Cinderella B ( Chinese )

This is a much bigger difference, we have a two separate casts, the second lacks several key features of the first ( glass slippers, pumpkins, fairy godmothers ), and the first version is significantly shorter than the second. Although both are 'Cinderella tales' of the persecuted heroine undergoing a magical transformation to escape her tormented life they both do so with different means.

User Image

We'd love to make some new friends, and get some help advertising! Of you can do either or please add this link to your signature or own affiliates posts - Thank you!

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/pricing-and-suggestions/missing-ink-a-fairytale-b-c-it-hiring/t.92008831_12/#12][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/shirame/banner_zps6554faab.png[/img][/url]

And I'd be remiss to not mention our own affiliates, plese go check them out too!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image
          User ImageUser ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Art for;

Civilian - sketched, lined, coloured.
      Awakened - sketched, lined, coloured.
      Legend - sketched, lined, coloured.

Set up thread FAQ

Host an event?

All posted artworks and concepts so far are copyright Rainbow lime and should not be used elsewhere without her permission.
Ready for posting! ^^
I like this.
Dark_Aoekae
I like this.

Aww thank you! <3
Stalking for later!!!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers