Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

RAGE 1 100.0% [ 25 ]
Total Votes:[ 25 ]
< 1 2
Ashleigh Velocity
As much as I love white hair, you can only have it by totally killing your hair.
I wouldn't.

Not true. My aunts hair went completely white went she was 16. Naturally. Just turned white. No dye needed or killing of hair.
take it from someone who maintained white hair for 3 years, you don't want to do it.
buut if you insist, use 100% colour brand dye, the XXXL blonde. Bleach it twice (give 1-2 months inbetween bleaching sessions), and maintain with purple shampoo (lush's 'daddy-o' shampoo works best to prevent that blue-purple stain). To prevent massive breakage you're going to want to use macadamia healing hair oil, in combination with deep conditioning twice a week.

good luck.

my old hair C:

Man-Hungry Millionaire

12,300 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Generous 100
taylordur
take it from someone who maintained white hair for 3 years, you don't want to do it.
buut if you insist, use 100% colour brand dye, the XXXL blonde. Bleach it twice (give 1-2 months inbetween bleaching sessions), and maintain with purple shampoo (lush's 'daddy-o' shampoo works best to prevent that blue-purple stain). To prevent massive breakage you're going to want to use macadamia healing hair oil, in combination with deep conditioning twice a week.

good luck.

my old hair C:

Can't see the picture cause its on your facebook and you privacy settings don't allow randoms to look at your stuff D:
A Bucket o Whores
Any tips on how to do it? <3

Well first off don't bother trying without doing it professorially. And it can be costly.
taylordur

good luck.

my old hair C:
yeah i'm gona say please definitely don't listen to her, or anyone else in this thread for that matter.
Considering you have previously colored (especially the red, big problems) hair, you're really not going to get a pretty healthy result, and i really realllllly urge you to get it done professionally. If you truly can't afford that and insist on doing it, what you need to do is apply a blue powder bleach and 20 or 30 volume developer, starting at the outgrowth to ends, do NOT apply on your natural regrowth at the same time, apply at the roots after the artificially pigmented hair has already started to lighten. after you get it on all your hair and it's started to lighten significantly apply to roots. If by some miracle you manage to lift it to a pale yellow, past the orangey and bronzy stages stop and rinse out, do not go any farther you don't bleach your hair to white ever, at that point you've destroyed the protein and elasticity of the hair and you're basically ********. after youve shampood out the bleach apply a purple based toner and watch carefully till the yellow is diminished, rinse out .
Honestly though if your hair looks now like it does in your signature it's going to be a reallllllll challenge and you're gona need a lot of luck. I'm licensed, and i know what i'm talking about.

7,700 Points
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
A Bucket o Whores
Any tips on how to do it? <3
Could just dye it silvery white.
Mr OMG that TJs Shameless
taylordur

good luck.

my old hair C:
yeah i'm gona say please definitely don't listen to her, or anyone else in this thread for that matter.
Considering you have previously colored (especially the red, big problems) hair, you're really not going to get a pretty healthy result, and i really realllllly urge you to get it done professionally. If you truly can't afford that and insist on doing it, what you need to do is apply a blue powder bleach and 20 or 30 volume developer, starting at the outgrowth to ends, do NOT apply on your natural regrowth at the same time, apply at the roots after the artificially pigmented hair has already started to lighten. after you get it on all your hair and it's started to lighten significantly apply to roots. If by some miracle you manage to lift it to a pale yellow, past the orangey and bronzy stages stop and rinse out, do not go any farther you don't bleach your hair to white ever, at that point you've destroyed the protein and elasticity of the hair and you're basically ********. after youve shampood out the bleach apply a purple based toner and watch carefully till the yellow is diminished, rinse out .
Honestly though if your hair looks now like it does in your signature it's going to be a reallllllll challenge and you're gona need a lot of luck. I'm licensed, and i know what i'm talking about.

http://i56.tinypic.com/20at6k1.jpg
http://i53.tinypic.com/os4js9.jpg
sorry that first post by taylordur was my mule. That's a link to a pic of my hair.
And i actually do know what i'm talking about, i had the hair for THREE years.
A salon will flat out refuse to do your hair white, trust me, i asked a couple places before taking on the challenge myself. His process tips are good, and obvious, thus why i didn't feel the need to include them in my basic outline.

I'd also like to add that my hair was initially brown with a perminant auburn/red dyed over top. Your hair will be blone with yellow and orange tinge for a while, but that's part of the bleaching process. You're looking at a couple months of that colour initially but after the second bleach and continuous toner/ purple shampoo the colour will improve drastically.

One last thing, if your hair is generally pretty thin then i'm going to advise against going for white one last time. But if you still want to, make sure you have a loyal stylist who asist along the way.
Blog = a place where i'm going to be posting an entry in the next week about white hair and how to attain/ maintain it because of all the people who've been asking for my help in that area.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff