Welcome to Gaia! ::

Conservative Voter

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Signature Look 250
Wendigo
Kasumi of Vientown
Except she wouldn't have known there would be this much hype.
She wouldn't? I remember the Jena 6, don't see why she wouldn't.

Quote:
I still think if she had important information she would have come forward, maybe not in the first few days, but sooner then she did.
What, to the press? Toward what purpose?
To Trayvon's parents, or maybe mention it online. something to show she didn't just make it all up a month after the shooting. Witnesses that come forward right away usually seem more credible.

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Kasumi of Vientown
To Trayvon's parents, or maybe mention it online. something to show she didn't just make it all up a month after the shooting. Witnesses that come forward right away usually seem more credible.
What reason do we have to believe that there hasn't been contact between her and the Martins, or her and the police? What you're asking for is contact between her and the public, for which there is no need.

Conservative Voter

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Signature Look 250
Wendigo
Kasumi of Vientown
What reason do we have to believe that there hasn't been contact between her and the Martins, or her and the police? What you're asking for is contact between her and the public, for which there is no need.

According to Tracy Martin, he was able to access Trayvon's telephone records online on April 18th and learned that she had apparently been talking to him the night of the shooting. He claimed he called and talked to her for hours, and got her story, and then he called Benjamin Crump and he somehow interviewed her on March19th and got her statement, and reported it to the media on March 20th. If you believe their story, then she had not been in contact with anyone about it from February 26th until March18th.
Queen Shining Heaven
The media always hypes things up and this is no different. They fuel the racial tensions in this nation and the end result will be more harm than good for everyone involved

Exactly. Racism is a fun lightning rod issue to stir and exploit, even when there is no issue.
Most whites Ive encountered, both left and right get steaming mad at even the slightest ethnic joke. Especially online, white people have this hyper witch hunt sentiment about 'racism' even when something isnt really racist. Fake white guilt plays into that. People just want to work and play, they dont want to be told theyre racist, or racists are out to get them. I just spent a couple weeks in NYC/Brooklyn, didnt get the slightest air of animosity from anyone toward anyone. Peurto Ricans, Whites, Chinese, Japanese, Blacks, Hispanics, Arabs, Hindis, Hasidic and mainline Jews, hipster kids...all just doing their thing. Very friendly, clean and safe city.

Chicago on the other hand, Ive heard theres a lot of unfortunate crime and black men being killed regularly.

Conservative Voter

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Signature Look 250
Very thought-provoking analysis of the media in the Trayvon Martin case.

Dedicated Fatcat

8,400 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
Kasumi of Vientown

(Lol, Glenn Beck)

emotion_facepalm

Really?

Seriously?

Truly?

No.

Glenn Beck embodies everything that is wrong with the media.

There is no god damn comparison I can make to demonstrate how foul his hypocrisy is.

Conservative Voter

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Signature Look 250
Bubsy
Kasumi of Vientown

(Lol, Glenn Beck)

emotion_facepalm

Really?

Seriously?

Truly?

No.

There is no god damn comparison I can make to demonstrate how foul his hypocrisy is.

The Media has used you. Good God. THATS ALL YOU ******** DO GLENN. YOU USE PEOPLE WITH PROVOKING HEADLINES YOU GOD DAMN ******** CROOK.

Wow, I guess that's how a person acts like a p***k. If you refuse to watch the video, then please keep your mouth shut, or I'll have to get someone to invent a computer virus that plays ten hours of Glenn Beck every time you log on razz

Dedicated Fatcat

8,400 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
Kasumi of Vientown
Bubsy
Kasumi of Vientown

(Lol, Glenn Beck)

emotion_facepalm

Really?

Seriously?

Truly?

No.

The Media has used you. Good God. THATS ALL YOU ******** DO GLENN. YOU USE PEOPLE WITH PROVOKING HEADLINES YOU GOD DAMN ******** CROOK.

Wow, I guess that's how a person acts like a p***k. If you refuse to watch the video, then please keep your mouth shut, or I'll have to get someone to invent a computer virus that plays ten hours of Glenn Beck every time you log on razz

This is Glenn Beck, he is a well known crook.

And yes, I refuse to watch the video on the grounds that the source is known to be unreliable and demonstrably malicious in intent. Watching the video Would be like asking me to seek unbiased information about race relations at a White Pride website.

Would be like asking Rush Limbaugh for his opinion on feminists. ********.

Conservative Voter

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Signature Look 250
Bubsy
Kasumi of Vientown
Bubsy
Kasumi of Vientown

(Lol, Glenn Beck)

emotion_facepalm

Really?

Seriously?

Truly?

No.

And yes, I refuse to watch the video on the grounds that the source is known to be unreliable and demonstrably malicious in intent. Watching the video Would be like asking me to seek unbiased information about race relations at a White Pride website.

Would be like asking Rush Limbaugh for his opinion on feminists. ********]

It's your loss, but the fact is that the media has really butchered this case, fabricating s**t left and right, just like what they did to the Duke Lacrosse Team and before that to Richard Jewell

Quote:
A lawyer for Trayvon Martin's family is asking the U.S. Department of Justice to review what he alleges was a meeting the night the 17-year-old was killed between Sanford's police chief and State Attorney Norm Wolfinger.

Benjamin Crump sent a formal request to the federal agency Monday, saying he believes Wolfinger and police Chief Bill Lee Jr. met Feb. 26 and overruled a homicide investigator's recommendation that George Zimmerman be charged with manslaughter.

Monday afternoon, Wolfinger said there was no meeting and that the letter was based on "outright lies". He also denounced "those spreading … irresponsible rhetoric".

Zimmerman shot and killed Trayvon during a fight that rainy Sunday evening. Zimmerman told police he had followed the teenager but turned back then acted in self-defense when Trayvon knocked him to the ground and began pounding Zimmerman's head on a sidewalk.

Zimmerman has not been arrested, and that has set off marches and rallies across the country by people, saying Trayvon was the victim of racial profiling and Zimmerman is being coddled by police.

The case is being investigated by a special prosecutor, and two weeks ago the U.S. Department of Justice launched a civil rights investigation.

Some news agencies have reported that Sanford's lead investigator, Chris Serino, wanted Zimmerman charged with manslaughter that night but Wolfinger's office put a stop to it. The city of Sanford issued a statement saying that is not true.

Police did that night prepare an incident report that lists "manslaughter" as the possible crime being investigated, but in every case in which an officer prepares an incident report, he or she fills in that spot with some crime and statute number to allow the agency to properly report crime statistics to the FBI.

Two weeks ago, during an exclusive interview with the Sentinel, Lee disclosed certain details of the investigation and during that session, attended by Serino and others, Serino said his investigation turned up no reliable evidence that cast doubt on Zimmerman's account – that he had acted in self-defense.

"The best evidence we have is the testimony of George Zimmerman, and he says the decedent was the primary aggressor in the whole event," Serino told the Sentinel March 16. "Everything I have is adding up to what he says."

In his letter Monday to Roy Austin, deputy assistant attorney general in the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division, Crump wrote, "We look forward to your thorough and comprehensive review of the suspicious circumstances surrounding this meeting, and the decision to disregard the recommendation of the lead homicide investigator, Mr. Serino, who felt compelled to prepare an affidavit memorializing his recommendation to arrest the shooter George Zimmerman."

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-04-02/news/os-trayvon-martin-federal-review-justice-letter-20120402_1_chief-bill-lee-federal-review-federal-agency

Dedicated Fatcat

8,400 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
Kasumi of Vientown
Bubsy
Kasumi of Vientown
Bubsy
Kasumi of Vientown

(Lol, Glenn Beck)

emotion_facepalm

Really?

Seriously?

Truly?

No.

Would be like asking Rush Limbaugh for his opinion on feminists. ********]

It's your loss, but the fact is that the media has really butchered this case, fabricating s**t left and right, just like what they did to the Duke Lacrosse Team and before that to Richard Jewell

My loss? Hell no, I am not wasting 30 minutes on something that can be summed up with a single god damn picture.

User Image

I already know what the media does, just seeing Glenn Beck anywhere near this topic is just aggravating because media distortion and controversy is his modus operandi.

Conservative Raider

Suffice to say that there are a number of issues that revolve around evidence that we just don't have. That said, we can make a few reasonable assumptions:

For example, was Martin shot in the back or the chest? Well, given their propensity to be free with tons of other information to the media, I would think that if Martin was shot in the back (sealing Zimmerman's fate legally) we would have known as soon as the autopsy was concluded. Instead the family had the records sealed of their own accord, not at the urging of the State.

That leads me to assume that Martin was shot in the chest. It also leads me to speculate other things, like that maybe some of that blood from Zimmerman's head ended up on Martin's hands.

Profitable Prophet

8,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Chains4w
Suffice to say that there are a number of issues that revolve around evidence that we just don't have. That said, we can make a few reasonable assumptions:

For example, was Martin shot in the back or the chest? Well, given their propensity to be free with tons of other information to the media, I would think that if Martin was shot in the back (sealing Zimmerman's fate legally) we would have known as soon as the autopsy was concluded. Instead the family had the records sealed of their own accord, not at the urging of the State.

That leads me to assume that Martin was shot in the chest. It also leads me to speculate other things, like that maybe some of that blood from Zimmerman's head ended up on Martin's hands.

According to Florida state law, "[a]utopsy photographs are admissible to the extent that they fairly and accurately establish a material fact and are not unduly prejudicial." Fla. Stat. Ann. § 90.403. However, it's possible the lawyer advised the family to seal them from the public. If they were released now and bolstered their claim to the point where, like everything else released to the public at this point, it arguably prejudiced the people against Zimmerman, it could feasibly be precluded as evidence. (see Diaz v. State, 747 So. 2d 1021, 1024 (Fla. Dist. Ct. App. 1999), where the court held that "autopsy findings like all other evidence, even if relevant, are subject to the balancing test of section 90.403, Florida Statutes (1997). Accordingly, if the trial court concluded that the marginal relevance of particular findings were outweighed by their potential for unfair prejudice, it could also exclude them." ) Of course, not having seen them, I've no idea if the results would have "marginal" probative value, or the extent to which other case law has touched on this. The balance test seems to refer more to whether or not it'll prejudice the jury during trial more than anything, like if it's super shocking and gross without being all that necessary to prove any kind of intent, for example.

/evidence is weird.

Anyway, whether that could at all be covered under evidence rules or not isn't make or break, in my opinion. I think both sides have an interest in ensuring that anything possibly probative be released during the trial. The less this case is handled "in-house," the easier it will be to win it on procedural grounds. And of course Zimmerman really doesn't need anymore "help" from the media.
Klan picture? lol. Zimmerman is clearly hispanic. He doesnt look white at all to me.

Well if what everyone and the government claims really happened happened, then I guess the autopsy wont show a close range upward angled gunshot. It wont show any evidence of an attack on Zimmerman's body. There wont be any reliable witness at all to back up any part of Zimmerman's claim.

I honestly feel regardless what happened, if a non black person is viciously attacked by a black person and ends up defending themselves with deadly force...even if there is no evidence they started it, theyll be painted as a klan hood wearing racist. Obviously not the *same* situation, as we do know Zimmerman thought the kid to be 'suspicious' and began to follow him. So right there he was wrong.

Im just curious like everyone else what the real facts show. He may have indeed straight up shot the kid just because, I dont know. I just know the media has done a major disservice by not just playing with facts but by promoting an elevated climate of racial tension

Why arent all the liberals upset over all the white cops killing unarmed black men and getting away with it? For every New Orleans bridge trial theres cases like Kenneth Chamber
http://www.democracynow.org/2012/3/29/killed_at_home_white_plains_ny
So I saw the Glenn Beck video. I cant stand Beck, his personality nor his antics. He's been one of televisions biggest bullshitters and spouters of baseless facts. And I will NEVER forgive him for all the anti muslim/pro war on terror propaganda.

But...I agree 100% with what he said about the media and giffords and the trayvon case.
The manipulation of the 911 call on msnbc and especially spike lee and roseann barr's tweets are just unforgiveable.

Conservative Voter

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Signature Look 250
pockybot
So I saw the Glenn Beck video. I cant stand Beck, his personality nor his antics. He's been one of televisions biggest bullshitters and spouters of baseless facts. And I will NEVER forgive him for all the anti muslim/pro war on terror propaganda.

But...I agree 100% with what he said about the media and giffords and the trayvon case.
The manipulation of the 911 call on msnbc and especially spike lee and roseann barr's tweets are just unforgiveable.

I've never actually watched Glenn Beck on TV, only checked out a few of his vids on youtube, but from the video's I have seen he tells the news, but does so in a humorous way that grabs at people's attention. I guess he is a bit of a joker, but he seems to speak from his heart, and I actually like his personality from what little exposure I've had to him.

Additionally, it should be mentioned there is a record of Zimmerman's injuries. According to his attorney's, Zimmerman went to a hospital on February 27th, the day after the shoting, and in addition to that, Zimmerman met the police at the scene of the shooting that same day and re-enacted the shooting on VIDEO. So his nose would have been swollen and bandaged by then.

In short, the DA withheld exculpitory evidence from her affidavit, so she needs to be arrested and called out for her unethical and illegal behavior.

This is also where Glenn Beck is talking about the reality of the Trayvon Martin case

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff