Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Trader

8,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Clambake 200
You invested in depression economics, Amora?
Slow, drawn out, and painful.

8,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Overstocked 200
Ammo Amy
Aroma De Amora

Regardless, I have several hundred dollars of silver bullion bars stored. And thousands in gold coins. I'm set for any kind of collapse.

Glenn Beck and Goldline claim another dupe.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Are you assuming I listen to Glen Beck or any other radio and/or TV show host about how to spend my investments? Actually, I was always draw to wanting to own it, for the simple novelty of the thing; "A few hundred years ago, only kings, queens and certain nobility could really own this stuff." Doesn't help that I see celebs walking around with massive curb-style necklaces of the stuff.

As I watched my stocks become utter waste and saw certain gold/silver ETFs increase, I got curious. Picked up Precious Metals Investing for Dummies and I was set. Now I got some bars sitting in a safe.

Amongst_many

Could you be any more of a stereotype??

Elaborate.

8,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Overstocked 200
iSkuld
You invested in depression economics, Amora?

Yes and no. Just spreading my wealth around. I did buy a lot of stocks that were selling for pennies and are now back past $4. But how long will that continue?

I'm more geared towards economic collapse in general. This bullshit that the government is doing, by keeping companies afloat with tax dollars goes against Capitalism, where the people have the choice of what stays and what goes. Giving money to these companies are just delaying their death. Was it used to "Save the economy?" That's still debatable, because construction comes from destruction. With a complete collapse, we as a people could rebuild it into a better system. Of course there is the possibility that once we collapse completely, the entire world does as well, and thus begins WW3.

Trying to stay away from the broken glass window theory but that s**t seems to be true. Sick people generate jobs.
The United States will become a younger and trashier Europe, except with it's own aged culture. Asia will become the new North America in terms of power/activity/world focus.

In the meanwhile I'll be heading to Jupiter to become the Star-Child. Screw this lousy planet.

Tipsy Trader

8,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Clambake 200
You bought gold when the prices were increasing? Why didn't you buy gold prior to the economic collapse?

8,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Overstocked 200
iSkuld
You bought gold when the prices were increasing? Why didn't you buy gold prior to the economic collapse?

Proptip: I didn't buy gold when it was above $600
Silver is going to keep increasing, whereas gold will hover at its current spot.

Desirable Sex Symbol

7,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Flatterer 200
It already did.

OBAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Desirable Sex Symbol

7,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Flatterer 200
Tarquin Aluclaire
The United States will become a younger and trashier Europe, except with it's own aged culture. Asia will become the new North America in terms of power/activity/world focus.

In the meanwhile I'll be heading to Jupiter to become the Star-Child. Screw this lousy planet.

Strange... I wonder, does economic prosperity move geographically West over time?
Chains4w
Disa Uniflora
Dermezel
Disa Uniflora
Wendigo
Chains4w
Balanced budgets will then become the rule of law, and we'll be set indefinitely.
You don't actually know what the phrase "rule of law" means, do you?

So anyway. Given that we have been buried under debt for as long as anyone now living can remember, I wouldn't consider it an imminent concern. If worse comes to worst, we could raise taxes like we used to do when we wanted to spend a lot of money, and spend it on paying off our debts instead.

Indeed. Besides, debt is never so harmful as the collection, and who exactly is going to do that?

Just be nice to China. It's funny how all these Republicans who are supposedly worried about our economy want to start all this trouble with China.

Don't make me laugh. The Chinese are not so stupid as to plunge themselves and the rest of the world into catastrophe by collecting on the States' debt. I'm not even sure what would happen if they tried, hilarity, I assume.

What would happen is that the US would pay it back in quarters on the dollar, given that the debt is exclusively in currently immature government bonds.

Collecting on the debt is the stupidest thing China could possibly do, because it would be like giving us free money.

You have been making this claim over and over again. I would like to see a demonstration of this.
Dominated by the Far-Right, 50 to 80 years.
Dominated by the Far-Left, 15 to 30 years.

The U.S. is basically seeing it's last century.

Conservative Raider

Resid3nt
Chains4w
Disa Uniflora
Dermezel
Disa Uniflora

Indeed. Besides, debt is never so harmful as the collection, and who exactly is going to do that?

Just be nice to China. It's funny how all these Republicans who are supposedly worried about our economy want to start all this trouble with China.

Don't make me laugh. The Chinese are not so stupid as to plunge themselves and the rest of the world into catastrophe by collecting on the States' debt. I'm not even sure what would happen if they tried, hilarity, I assume.

What would happen is that the US would pay it back in quarters on the dollar, given that the debt is exclusively in currently immature government bonds.

Collecting on the debt is the stupidest thing China could possibly do, because it would be like giving us free money.

You have been making this claim over and over again. I would like to see a demonstration of this.

Of what?

That our debt, both foreign and domestic, is exclusively in the form of Treasury Bonds? Or that our Treasury Bonds have a maturity date that, if preempted, returns significantly less than the investment?

Blessed Genius

Oh, I don't think it sound be too long now. If I had money, I'd jump ship as soon as I can and head to Europe. I'm sick of the annoying pundits here.
I belive it may be 2012, if either Palin or one of the tea party guys gets into power.
If they do, I can only imagine the hell that will go through.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff