Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
N3bu
Doesn't the Executive branch also run the Bureaucracy? The president appoints and is senior to the heads of numerous government departments that run the entire show that is the US government. Right?
Well, Executive departments.

Other places, like with Supreme Court Justices, he makes nominations, but the Senate is really behind who takes the seat.
Wendigo
N3bu
Doesn't the Executive branch also run the Bureaucracy? The president appoints and is senior to the heads of numerous government departments that run the entire show that is the US government. Right?

Other places, like with Supreme Court Justices, he makes nominations, but the Senate is really behind who takes the seat.

Yeah.

In the Westminster system we tend to roll all that into the legislative branch. I'd rather they be separated.
HMS Thunder Child
8bite_me3
Last time I checked no US president had a personality cult. (Possible exception being FDR)

We might adore our presidents but we don't worship them.
[Skeptical]

Are you kidding? Reagan's viewed by the Right as Christ Reincarnate.

That's funny. In all my years of doing my job I have NEVER seen damn near religious shrines built in people's houses over a politician until retard got elected in '08.
It's actually scary how much of a free pass he's gotten. Remember, he can now kill American's with impunity and with no legal recourse.
Old Blue Collar Joe
HMS Thunder Child
8bite_me3
Last time I checked no US president had a personality cult. (Possible exception being FDR)

[Skeptical]

That's funny. In all my years of doing my job I have NEVER seen damn near religious shrines built in people's houses over a politician until retard got elected in '08.
It's actually scary how much of a free pass he's gotten. Remember, he can now kill American's with impunity and with no legal recourse.

You know how I know that's a lie? Because you would rather shoot yourself then step inside the house of anyone who voted for Obama.
Old Blue Collar Joe
HMS Thunder Child
8bite_me3

[Skeptical]

Holy [********] s**t (granted, the third link's from WND, but still).

I thought you were kidding.
N3bu
Old Blue Collar Joe
HMS Thunder Child
8bite_me3

[Skeptical]

You know how I know that's a lie? Because you would rather shoot yourself then step inside the house of anyone who voted for Obama.

Then you're a ******** idiot. In my line of work I go in houses without knowing political alignment, because it means nothing to me when it comes to appraising a property. Cash is cash.
METALFumasu
Old Blue Collar Joe
HMS Thunder Child
8bite_me3

[Skeptical]

I probably have a dozen or more photo's that I've taken in the course of my work that are displaying such rooms. It's stunning. And I avoid talking politics at work because bluntly speaking, it can affect the dollars I can make, so I stay neutral.
Of course, once I get in the car I laugh my a** off at them.

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Y'all familiar with this dude, right:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/11/wrestler-will-have-romney-face-tattoo-removed/
Old Blue Collar Joe

Then you're a ******** idiot.

Now now, there is no need for that kind of foul language. After all, you are the one who completely despises everyone who voted for Obama, reasons be damned.
Wendigo
N3bu

Not that they put up much of a fight, usually.

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
azulmagia
Not usually much point, you get there by having a good solid record as a judge behind you. Only one who springs to mind who just had no business ever being nominated was Harriet Miers.

Omnipresent Warlord

METALFumasu
Old Blue Collar Joe
HMS Thunder Child
8bite_me3

[Skeptical]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wAUG53ta0s

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Wendigo
azulmagia
Not usually much point, you get there by having a good solid record as a judge behind you. Only one who springs to mind who just had no business ever being nominated was Harriet Miers.

I guess you're too young to remember Judge Bork.

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
azulmagia
Wendigo
azulmagia

I guess you're too young to remember Judge Bork.
Yeah, I was a wee babby when he was nominated.

He was at least a judge first, though.
doesn't everybody hate that piece of s**t?

basically, unless congress actively pursues stopping him, the president can pretty much do anything he wants at any time.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff