Cloud_Cookie\
Kaltros
Agent Thrax

Why is it so important that race exist?

It's better to know the truth.

Quote:

Quote:

Reality has a known racist bias.

Nah, you're probably just using racist sources of information.

Do you consider Reuters a racist source of information?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/03/01/us-usa-detroit-emergency-idUSBRE9200TI20130301

How about the New York Times?

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/02/us/michigan-appoints-emergency-manager-for-detroit.html?pagewanted=1&_r=0

Did you even read those articles? The Reuters article and the New York Times says nothing about race. Whatsoever.

You're lying. Or need your eyes checked.

From Reuters:

Quote:

Snyder would not identify the top candidate to run Detroit or say whether the person was from Michigan. Some residents and restructuring experts have said he should name an African-American to manage the city, which is 83 percent black.

From New York Times:

Quote:

Mr. Snyder’s call for an emergency manager, who would wield sweeping powers to reshape the city, underscored a long, troubling arc for Detroit. Once the cradle of the American auto industry and the nation’s fourth most populous city, it is now less than half the size it was decades ago and has a public sector plagued by more than $14 billion in long-term liabilities and annual worries of cash shortfalls.

The notion set off a flurry of pointed and sometimes emotional reactions here, including an unavoidable racial and political component. Detroit is a mostly black city dominated by Democrats in a mostly white state where Republicans, including Mr. Snyder, control the capital.

Quote:

The governer is stepping down because of the "housing bust and the deep recession that followed."

Gov. Snyder is stepping down? Where does it say that?

Quote:

"The emergency manager will eventually have strong powers to develop a financial plan, revise or reject city budgets, consolidate departments, reduce or eliminate the salaries of elected officials, sell eligible assets, lay off workers and renegotiate labor contracts."

You further proved the point that the auto industry crashed and houses were foreclosed on because of city deficits and bad budgeting created by the state, which lead to a lot of the population becoming impoverished in the end. Not the other way around. Way to go! (:

And who was responsible for the city deficits and bad budgeting? Do you have any clue?

You are so out of your depth it's not even funny. You're a ******** moron. Just stop embarrassing yourself now.

He's stepping down his power for an emergency manager to take over the deficits. And blaming the city's population for the budget deficits? That's like blaming you and your neighbors for the loans and bad finances that your city or town is doing! You are the moron here. You have profusely pointed out how you "teaching" yourself hasn't gotten you anywhere. No wonder you dropped out of college. Or was it the money? That must be your fault then, just like how it's the black peoples' fault in Detroit for being too poor to get an education. Hey, where are my sources for race existing biologically? Or are you picking and choosing what to discuss?
Cloud_Cookie\

He's stepping down his power for an emergency manager to take over the deficits.

Is English your second language? Because that is not how most people would express what you're claiming you expressed. Stepping down his power? Who says that? A Google search for that phrase turned up exactly two results. One put a comma between 'down' and 'his'. The other used a period between those two words. I can't find any example of "stepping down his power" being used.

Quote:

And blaming the city's population for the budget deficits? That's like blaming you and your neighbors for the loans and bad finances that your city or town is doing! You are the moron here.

No, I'm the one who understands something about city government. The city's budget and many other decisions are made by elected officials. And where do the elected officials come from? Who elects them? The city's population, of course. For decades Detroit's population has elected officials who have mismanaged and abused city finances and government offices. Therefore Detroit's population deserves at least some of the blame for consistently electing such incompetent clowns to run their city government.

Quote:

You have profusely pointed out how you "teaching" yourself hasn't gotten you anywhere.

Pulling stuff straight out of your a** again, I see. I've pointed out nothing of the kind.

Quote:

That must be your fault then, just like how it's the black peoples' fault in Detroit for being too poor to get an education.

Detroit's city council members appear fairly well educated, though their intelligence is another matter.

Council President Charles Pugh graduated high school, then went on to get a journalism degree in college.

Council President Pro Tem Gary Brown also graduated high school, and got a bachelor of science degree in criminal justice.

Saunteel Jenkins graduated high school, then got bachelor's and master's degrees in social work. Not entirely sure what "social work" means exactly, but at least she's college educated.

All the council members seem to have at least some college. So arguing that they're bad administrators because they're uneducated isn't going to fly. Most of them are pretty well educated. At least on paper.

Quote:

Hey, where are my sources for race existing biologically? Or are you picking and choosing what to discuss?

You can't handle the truth. You can't even read basic articles from Reuters or the New York Times.

Liberal Raider

6,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
Kaltros
Cloud_Cookie\

He's stepping down his power for an emergency manager to take over the deficits.

Is English your second language? Because that is not how most people would express what you're claiming you expressed. Stepping down his power? Who says that? A Google search for that phrase turned up exactly two results. One put a comma between 'down' and 'his'. The other used a period between those two words. I can't find any example of "stepping down his power" being used.

Actually, yes. And it was the first thing of mine you actually looked up. Congrats. Also, I didn't know we are forced to use what words and sentences are provided on Google. I guess a lot of the slang used nowadays doesn't count as expressions either. I guess many of the phrases in other languages in other countries don't exist either if they are not located in Google. My bad.

Quote:

And blaming the city's population for the budget deficits? That's like blaming you and your neighbors for the loans and bad finances that your city or town is doing! You are the moron here.

No, I'm the one who understands something about city government. The city's budget and many other decisions are made by elected officials. And where do the elected officials come from? Who elects them? The city's population, of course. For decades Detroit's population has elected officials who have mismanaged and abused city finances and government offices. Therefore Detroit's population deserves at least some of the blame for consistently electing such incompetent clowns to run their city government.

Most of what the population hears about candidates is from mass media. Any population is at fault for that, for expressing too much confidence in the media and biased sources. Also, ever political official does fraudulent financial successes (that have bankrupted states). Most states will have a period of bad city budgeting. Also, just because officials are elected does not mean that everyone voted for those officials. That is city government.

Quote:

You have profusely pointed out how you "teaching" yourself hasn't gotten you anywhere.

Pulling stuff straight out of your a** again, I see. I've pointed out nothing of the kind.

Ew. TMI. You've obviously had that experience way too much...

Quote:

That must be your fault then, just like how it's the black peoples' fault in Detroit for being too poor to get an education.

Detroit's city council members appear fairly well educated, though their intelligence is another matter.

Council President Charles Pugh graduated high school, then went on to get a journalism degree in college.

Council President Pro Tem Gary Brown also graduated high school, and got a bachelor of science degree in criminal justice.

Saunteel Jenkins graduated high school, then got bachelor's and master's degrees in social work. Not entirely sure what "social work" means exactly, but at least she's college educated.

All the council members seem to have at least some college. So arguing that they're bad administrators because they're uneducated isn't going to fly. Most of them are pretty well educated. At least on paper.

I was talking about the actual Detroit population. But okay, that's cool too.

Quote:

Hey, where are my sources for race existing biologically? Or are you picking and choosing what to discuss?

You can't handle the truth. You can't even read basic articles from Reuters or the New York Times.

Therefore, you're picking and choosing what to discuss. You're the one saying because most of the Detroit population is black, that that's the reason why Detroit is becoming an apocalyptic wasteland. Neither of those articles conclude your racism. You must also believe the 19th century ideas on blacks that they are ultimately inferior to whites because they do not have judgement, analytical skills or "common sense." Pllleeeaase bring up Morton measuring skulls, that would be the end of a great night (racists are so fascinating!)
Cloud_Cookie\

Quote:

Most of what the population hears about candidates is from mass media. Any population is at fault for that, for expressing too much confidence in the media and biased sources.

So what? That's true of nearly every political event everywhere these days. That doesn't explain why Detroit is doing so much worse than most everywhere else.

Quote:

Also, ever political official does fraudulent financial successes (that have bankrupted states). Most states will have a period of bad city budgeting. Also, just because officials are elected does not mean that everyone voted for those officials. That is city government.

You hear that whooshing sound? That's you completely missing the point. Thirty years is an awful long unlucky streak for bad city budgeting. You'd almost think Detroit was cursed. Or something else, maybe to do with the residents... A city is only as good as its inhabitants, after all.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Therefore, you're picking and choosing what to discuss.

I wish you were capable of discussion. So far you've got the discussion skills of a corpse.

Quote:

You're the one saying because most of the Detroit population is black, that that's the reason why Detroit is becoming an apocalyptic wasteland. Neither of those articles conclude your racism.

You'd better provide a good alternative explanation for why a majority-black city is falling to ruin, then.

Quote:

You must also believe the 19th century ideas on blacks that they are ultimately inferior to whites because they do not have judgement, analytical skills or "common sense." Pllleeeaase bring up Morton measuring skulls, that would be the end of a great night (racists are so fascinating!)

Forget 19th century ideas. Try observable reality. Blacks are disproportionately criminal compared to the total population. Blacks on average seem less capable/interested in science. Name a black scientist who won a Nobel for a scientific achievement, for instance. The rates of black illegitimacy are also much higher than other populations. And that's just the barest information you could look at to see that blacks are worse than other races on average in a lot of ways.
Kaltros
blacks are worse than other races
“Ignorance is a virus. Once it starts spreading, it can only be cured by reason. For the sake of humanity, we must be that cure.”

- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Liberal Raider

6,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
Quote:
Forget 19th century ideas. Try observable reality. Blacks are disproportionately criminal compared to the total population. Blacks on average seem less capable/interested in science. Name a black scientist who won a Nobel for a scientific achievement, for instance. The rates of black illegitimacy are also much higher than other populations. And that's just the barest information you could look at to see that blacks are worse than other races on average in a lot of ways.

Those are the comments that are made towards women. Those are the comments that are made about poor people. Those are the comments that established the Holocaust. Those are the comments that are used to degrade groups of people, get rid of hope, and instill anger against others. Those are the comments made about the handicap, mentally challenged and other groups that are not white, man and wealthy. You are obviously very proud of yourself, so I will stop here so I can provide others with information and resources in the real world on how to deal with the ongoing sexism, racism and other forms of discrimination that are still prevalent here in the U.S. and around the world that you have so fully exemplified. Maybe once something happens to you and your family, maybe then will you understand how you comments are the ones which create everlasting nightmares.
Cloud_Cookie\
Quote:

Those are the comments that are made towards women.

Black women, since I was talking about blacks.

Quote:

Those are the comments that are made about poor people.
Poor black people, again because we were supposedly talking about blacks, not every topic under the sun.

Quote:

Those are the comments that established the Holocaust.

That doesn't even make sense. The Jews were reviled for being far too competent at making money and infiltrating the highest parts of society. Jews were too smart and skilled for their own good. Blacks have the opposite problem.

Quote:

Those are the comments that are used to degrade groups of people, get rid of hope, and instill anger against others.

Describing reality doesn't degrade anyone, unless they were previously living in a fantasy pseudo-reality. Truth only causes anger in people accustomed to lies. Hope is less than worthless if it isn't based on truth.

Quote:

Those are the comments made about the handicap, mentally challenged and other groups that are not white, man and wealthy.

Again, reality doesn't care about your feelings. It is what it is. Learning the truth sometimes requires hearing unpleasant things. You can fool yourself and others, but you can't fool reality.

Quote:

You are obviously very proud of yourself,

Not proud. Just principled. I'm tired of seeing descriptions of reality distorted because it might hurt the feelings of numbskulls like you.

Quote:

so I will stop here so I can provide others with information and resources in the real world on how to deal with the ongoing sexism, racism and other forms of discrimination that are still prevalent here in the U.S. and around the world that you have so fully exemplified. Maybe once something happens to you and your family, maybe then will you understand how you comments are the ones which create everlasting nightmares.

I love the way you move effortlessly from moral indignation at my supposed sexism, racism, discrimination, and other faults to implied violence against me and my family. Do you always threaten people that disagree with you?

You might want to reconsider your own views if the only way to defend them is through violence. That tells me your views aren't strongly based in reality if they can't stand on their own merits.
That Cursed Number
“Ignorance is a virus. Once it starts spreading, it can only be cured by reason. For the sake of humanity, we must be that cure.”

- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Yes, ignorance is a virus. Why aren't more people paying attention to how blacks ruined Detroit?
Kaltros
That Cursed Number

- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Yes, ignorance is a virus. Why aren't more people paying attention to how blacks ruined Detroit?

You mean how their arrival in itself was enough to have everyone take off with their moneybags in a Cessna? People like you ruined Detroit, and we can only be grateful such ruin will not happen to a major metropolitan area again.
It's amusing because NDGT is Black.
That Cursed Number
Kaltros
That Cursed Number

- Neil deGrasse Tyson

You mean how their arrival in itself was enough to have everyone take off with their moneybags in a Cessna? People like you ruined Detroit, and we can only be grateful such ruin will not happen to a major metropolitan area again.

Interesting. So you're saying rich whites are necessary to civilization, and that when they leave civilization collapses?
Kaltros
That Cursed Number
Kaltros
That Cursed Number

- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Interesting. So you're saying rich whites are necessary to civilization, and that when they leave civilization collapses?

It is necessary for a city to function that those who own its economy do not abruptly shut. Down. EVERYTHING.
then continue to hold onto their properties like dickwads, like dangling beef in front of starving Afghans until they expire.
To develop, the city needs re-zoning, funding - and the deed holders to stop holding the city hostage, even if by effect of eminent domain.
That Cursed Number
Kaltros
That Cursed Number
Kaltros
That Cursed Number

- Neil deGrasse Tyson

It is necessary for a city to function that those who own its economy do not abruptly shut. Down. EVERYTHING.
then continue to hold onto their properties like dickwads, like dangling beef in front of starving Afghans until they expire.
To develop, the city needs re-zoning, funding - and the deed holders to stop holding the city hostage, even if by effect of eminent domain.

Is that really what's happening? What are you basing that on?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games