Welcome to Gaia! ::

What the ******** should we do with all of these ******** baby boomers?

Give them a taste of their own medicine and let the "free market" handle Social Security 0.4 40.0% [ 10 ]
Ruin our country paying their ridiculous retirement pensions 0.04 4.0% [ 1 ]
Give them a pension, but put a hard limit on how much we'll spend on those pensions 0.04 4.0% [ 1 ]
Other, you have your own plan 0.28 28.0% [ 7 ]
Gold 0.24 24.0% [ 6 ]
Total Votes:[ 25 ]
1 2 3 4 5 >

Seriously, what the ********. They vote against socialized medicine, against the liberalization of marriage for homosexuals, against leaving countries in the Middle East the ******** alone, and against ending a War on Drugs that they started against their own children after taking more drugs than anybody in human history. But the moment it comes time to collect their ridiculous retirement pensions from Social Security, and to get an essentially unlimited amount of medical care from Medicare, suddenly their free market happy talk goes out the ******** window.

These people are beyond entitled. They are parasites. They take everything worth having and leave the rest of the country with the biggest pile of s**t ever, all while telling us that we're the entitled ones because we want a real chance at life.

What should we do with them?
Despite my continual criticism of right wing fear mongers over the budget, you do kind of need to put in place a superannuation plan, because at the moment with declining workers and increasing retires, you will actually annihilate your budget.
N3bu
Despite my continual criticism of right wing fear mongers over the budget, you do kind of need to put in place a superannuation plan, because at the moment with declining workers and increasing retires, you will actually annihilate your budget.
We could impose a hard limit Social Security spending to what goes into Social Security from taxation. That way, the boomers don't get totally left in the dark, but they have to face some austerity, too.

But still, ******** them over would be deeply satisfying since they are such hypocritical cunts to us "youngsters."

Shy Werewolf

The problem with getting any change is that most of the influential politicians are Boomers themselves, and Baby Boomers still out-vote and out spend the younger generations... so even politicians that are not Boomers have more incentive to appeal to them.

They have always been the permanent rebellious teenager generation, and they will be to the end. Boomers aren't parasites so much as a phase we have to work through as a country if we aren't going to go down in a homicidal rage.

Jeering Regular

Robot Macai
You do realize that Obama is technically a Boomer, right? I mean, one of the late trailing Boomers, a Generation "Jones" guy if you will, but still technically a Boomer. And so is practically every other leading liberal fighting for the exact things you're talking about? Also, every leading conservative fighting to gut social security. You're talking about a huge portion of the population. Guess what? Populations are diverse.

Dedicated Poster

7,775 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
Is "old" considered a pre-existing condition?

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Just wait. In 20 years, this generation will be in their shoes and they will be gone. Change takes time
Soylent Green, anyone?
azulmagia
Soylent Green, anyone?

rofl

Shy Werewolf

Ban
Robot Macai
You do realize that Obama is technically a Boomer, right? I mean, one of the late trailing Boomers, a Generation "Jones" guy if you will, but still technically a Boomer. And so is practically every other leading liberal fighting for the exact things you're talking about? Also, every leading conservative fighting to gut social security. You're talking about a huge portion of the population. Guess what? Populations are diverse.

I think Obama behaves more like a GenX than a Boomer... and he's close enough to the line to go either way. Anyway, I think he's the first step out of Boomer rule... but doubtfully the last.
Robot Macai
N3bu
We could impose a hard limit Social Security spending to what goes into Social Security from taxation. That way, the boomers don't get totally left in the dark, but they have to face some austerity, too.

But still, ******** them over would be deeply satisfying since they are such hypocritical cunts to us "youngsters."

PLEASE give me the money I've paid in to that government sponsored pyramid scheme so I can actually make it work for me instead of having the government rob me every ******** month of my money and giving me jack s**t for payments for it!!!
Social Security wasn't something some of us wanted. We are forced by the feds to pay into this scheme, and, when we die, all the excess is theirs to do with as they please.
I'd rather have the money I paid into it to make more money with for my family and myself, and then I can and could leave it to my family.
Old Blue Collar Joe
Robot Macai
N3bu

PLEASE give me the money I've paid in to that government sponsored pyramid scheme so I can actually make it work for me instead of having the government rob me every ******** month of my money and giving me jack s**t for payments for it!!!
Social Security wasn't something some of us wanted. We are forced by the feds to pay into this scheme, and, when we die, all the excess is theirs to do with as they please.
I'd rather have the money I paid into it to make more money with for my family and myself, and then I can and could leave it to my family.

With the way your generation has treated this country, you rightfully deserve to be robbed of your money.

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
There won't be any excess in Social Security when you die, Joe. Current estimates have all three trust funds exhausted, literally empty, gone, by 2033. Gonna need another $8.6 trillion, from somewhere, just to pay for the people who are presently due to retire soon. *

Unfortunately for those taxpayers who've paid in but not collected, the current generation of workers pays for the current generation of retirees.

Jeering Regular

Demon Kagerou
I think Obama behaves more like a GenX than a Boomer... and he's close enough to the line to go either way. Anyway, I think he's the first step out of Boomer rule... but doubtfully the last.
Boomers are typically considered to be those born during the post war boom, ranging from 1946 to 1964. Obama was born in 1961.

I'm not sure how he "behaves" has anything to do with it, because again, there's no set behavior for a generation. It's defined by time and common experience, which does not necessarily equate to common behaviors, or collective fault for any perceived wrongs. Some Boomers protested the Vietnam war, some volunteered for it. Some fought for civil rights, some supported segregation. It's a diverse group.

Point is, this whole argument is dumb.
God Emperor Akhenaton
Old Blue Collar Joe
Robot Macai
N3bu

With the way your generation has treated this country, you rightfully deserve to be robbed of your money.

Don't worry. Your gen is leaving mine in the dust.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff