• Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Old Blue Collar Joe
Complex Systems
Old Blue Collar Joe
Complex Systems
Old Blue Collar Joe

I just happen to like the verification of voters. Just my opinion bud.

I happen to only like levying new costs on individuals when there is a reason to. If there's no actual pragmatic reason to require people to procure new licenses, which must be paid for, made, and mailed by the government through tax revenue, then why should we? I mean, I like a lot of things, doesn't mean it makes good public policy.

But you know, maybe that just makes too much sense.

Never said license. That's a whole new category. My comment is directed at ID's for those folks that don't drive, not everyone.
The vast majority do drive and have a license.

Sorry, lets get caught up on a single word rather than the point. You're asking for government to spend more of my money to fix a non-existent problem with a solution that is 500 yards away from the proverbial target anyway. And you want lower taxes too, right? Talk about counter productive.

You're getting me confused with someone else. I haven't yet called for lower taxes. I'm the jackass that wants an across the board 3% tax increase on everyone who makes over 36k and it can only be used for the deficit.

So you're fine with an even higher tax increase on something on budget related?

You've still yet to give any reason outside of "I like this" as to why we need this policy.
Old Blue Collar Joe
Jaydi Blaze
Old Blue Collar Joe
Complex Systems
Old Blue Collar Joe

I absolutely despise that crock of s**t health care plan. Merely stating we can combine two different things and cut down on a bit of overhead.
DC is ******** nuts anyway. Hate that place.

That's not a reason to be for voter ID laws though. You're adding more costs onto individuals that solves nothing and passes along marginal benefits. You've yet to prove that voter fraud is an actual issue worthwhile tackling right now.

I'm curious at how your opinion would change if the GOP-paid media was against it. i know you say your opinion is your own and not theirs, but it seems that on a majority of issues you toe the line they draw.

First off, I don't give two ******** on a Friday what the GOP's opinion on this is. As in the OP, they themselves are just as prone to lie and cheat as the other side, so the assumption that I am for it for a particular party is misleading.
walks like a duck, talks like a duck, bitches about obama's healthcare while ignoring romneys like a duck, bitching about tax hikes while ignoring that regan did it eleven times like a duck, desprately hanging on to the illusion of vote fraud depite tons of evidence shown to you to which you start flinging labels and disreguarding it, plugging your ears and going "LALALALALA" like a duck....

Quack.
Jaydi Blaze
Old Blue Collar Joe
Jaydi Blaze
Old Blue Collar Joe
Complex Systems
Old Blue Collar Joe

I absolutely despise that crock of s**t health care plan. Merely stating we can combine two different things and cut down on a bit of overhead.
DC is ******** nuts anyway. Hate that place.

That's not a reason to be for voter ID laws though. You're adding more costs onto individuals that solves nothing and passes along marginal benefits. You've yet to prove that voter fraud is an actual issue worthwhile tackling right now.

I'm curious at how your opinion would change if the GOP-paid media was against it. i know you say your opinion is your own and not theirs, but it seems that on a majority of issues you toe the line they draw.

First off, I don't give two ******** on a Friday what the GOP's opinion on this is. As in the OP, they themselves are just as prone to lie and cheat as the other side, so the assumption that I am for it for a particular party is misleading.
walks like a duck, talks like a duck, bitches about obama's healthcare while ignoring romneys like a duck, bitching about tax hikes while ignoring that regan did it eleven times like a duck, desprately hanging on to the illusion of vote fraud depite tons of evidence shown to you to which you start flinging labels and disreguarding it, plugging your ears and going "LALALALALA" like a duck....

Quack.

Don't like Romney's, but since I don't live in Ma, it doesn't affect me. And where the ******** have I stuck a label on either party here? I've clarified I don't care which side is doing it.
Old Blue Collar Joe
Jaydi Blaze
Old Blue Collar Joe
Jaydi Blaze
Old Blue Collar Joe

Quack.

Don't like Romney's, but since I don't live in Ma, it doesn't affect me. And where the ******** have I stuck a label on either party here? I've clarified I don't care which side is doing it.
Quote:

That is a rebuttal? Wow. Thank you for proving the liberal point of view.
Jaydi Blaze
Old Blue Collar Joe
Jaydi Blaze
Old Blue Collar Joe
Jaydi Blaze

Quack.

Quote:

That was specifically pointed at one person. Apologies to the liberals who will actually debate topics. (And yes, Jaydi, I get just as annoyed at the conservatives that just ******** rant and make stupid third grade insults as I do the other side.)
Old Blue Collar Joe
Jaydi Blaze
Old Blue Collar Joe
Jaydi Blaze
Old Blue Collar Joe

Quack.

Quote:

That was specifically pointed at one person. Apologies to the liberals who will actually debate topics. (And yes, Jaydi, I get just as annoyed at the conservatives that just ******** rant and make stupid third grade insults as I do the other side.)
'kay. Just letting you know that from this side of the fence, despite your words it seems like as soon as the gop-media agrees on something you seem to follow suit, like a number of others here.
Jaydi Blaze
Old Blue Collar Joe
Jaydi Blaze
Old Blue Collar Joe
Jaydi Blaze

Quack.

Quote:

'kay. Just letting you know that from this side of the fence, despite your words it seems like as soon as the gop-media agrees on something you seem to follow suit, like a number of others here.

There are things on the right I definitely agree with, just like there are things on the left that I agree with. I do lean right. But I also have things I agree with the dems on.
Old Blue Collar Joe
Jaydi Blaze
Old Blue Collar Joe
Jaydi Blaze
Old Blue Collar Joe

Quote:

There are things on the right I definitely agree with, just like there are things on the left that I agree with. I do lean right. But I also have things I agree with the dems on.
And it's looking like you're leaning exclusively right, to the point of lacking independent thought. I'm worried.

Profitable Prophet

8,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Disa's such a flirt.
Jaydi Blaze
Old Blue Collar Joe
Jaydi Blaze
Old Blue Collar Joe
Jaydi Blaze

And it's looking like you're leaning exclusively right, to the point of lacking independent thought. I'm worried.

On this issue, yes. But I have shifted my position somewhat, primarily based on reading on the issue. Which is why I believe that, if such a law was passed, I really don't have a major care about it for a couple of reasons: We don't have a significant amount of the population that votes, and it isn't, as you and Complex have said, it isn't exactly something that is prevalent.

Questionable Codger

Ah! here's another case of voter fraud! I hope he'll be jailed for a good long time, keeping the criminals off the streets.

Quote:
The husband of a campaign staffer for a Republican candidate for Senate in New Mexico is under investigation for allegedly committing a felony by registering the couple’s dog to vote as part of a stunt to show how easy it could be to commit voter registration fraud.

The anonymous man in the sweatshirt and hat playing with his Labrador Buddy in a local television piece? That’s Thomas Tolbert. He’s married to Heather Wade, a staffer for former Rep. Heather Wilson’s senate campaign, as first revealed by the liberal group ProgressNow NM.

The Smoking Gun got a hold of the voter registration card belonging to “Buddy” and said the Bernalillo County Sheriff’s Office was focusing on Tolbert.

Bryce Dustman, Wilson’s campaign manager, said in a statement to TPM that they learned about the allegations from the media.

“This was very poor judgement by a family member of an employee,” Dustman said. “He has apologized and this matter is between him and the county clerk.”

TPM also received a statement from Tolbert directly which claimed his wife didn’t know what he was up to.

“I made a mistake and I want to apologize to Bernalillo County Clerk, Maggie Toulouse Oliver, my wife, who was not aware of my actions, and the public,” the statement from Tolbert said. “I will take full responsibility for my actions.”

Danielle Todesco, the KOB Eyewitness News 4 reporter who granted Tolbert anonymity for the story, stood by her decision and said she was surprised that he appeared given his wife’s job.

“A lot of people we interview ask for anonymity, and we appreciated that he was still willing to put his face on camera for the story,” Todesco told TPM in an email. “I was never contacted by law enforcement to ask for his identity, they have all found out on their own. Us granting him that privacy has not hindered any investigation whatsoever.

“We did not know about the political connections yesterday,” Todesco continued. “His wife’s job never came up, and at the time, had no relevance to the story. I do however find it odd that his wife would allow him to do a news story while being employed by a such a high-profile person. But that’s just my opinion. It’s completely up to them how they handle that.”

The connection to the Wilson campaign is noteworthy because of her alleged role in pushing the Bush administration to fire former U.S. Attorney David Iglesias because he allegedly wasn’t quick enough in prosecuting alleged cases of voter fraud during Wilson’s 2006 campaign.

Late update: Tolbert told TPM that he never requested anonymity for the story.

“I never asked for anonymity when the news story was done,” he said in an email. “My wife’s position never came to mind because what I do has and had nothing to do with Heather Wilson’s campaign.”

Tolbert said he “suspicions about the consequences, but never truly researched them” before he registered his dog to vote.

“I thought the County would be more concerned about fixing the problem rather than trying to prosecute me,” Tolbert said. “Once again no voter fraud actions were taken. I outed myself to show the problem.”

Shirtless Sex Symbol

10,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Voter fraud in the U.S. is at 0.0005%

Basically non-existant, yet you made a thread about it.

emotion_puke

Questionable Codger

jess2cool

emotion_puke

You have to read about who is committing it. That's where the funny part comes in.

Shirtless Sex Symbol

10,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Ammo Amy
jess2cool

emotion_puke

You have to read about who is committing it. That's where the funny part comes in.

Oh yes emotion_awesome the very people trying to crack down on our nearly nonexistant voter fraud are the ones out there committing it.

Committing voter fraud doesn't really show your extreme liking of a candidate. If anything, committing voter fraud to vote for a candidate twice undermines the candidate's morals and is like a slap in the face to them. Why do it? They DO have cameras ya know. emotion_facepalm

Shameless Seeker

Voter fraud in the US is an old political machine ghost that various groups drag out of the closet every time they want to distract from other issues with elections.

Current controls are fine, requiring photo ID is just a means of prohibiting the poor.

We don't live in Afghanistan, voter fraud isn't rampant and election changing.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff