Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
CaeIeste
It's not Walmart's fault that said person bought the gun.
If Wal*Mart sells somebody a gun, then yes it is Wal*Mart's fault that they have a gun. Wal*Mart would be instrumental to the process.
GunsmithKitten
Screw Wal Mart. They rarely employ an actual gunsmith at their sporting goods section. Support your local brick and mortar gun store instead! mrgreen

seriously they don't know s**t. and, ******** their mass produced imported guns. They're the reason Browning, Winchester, Mossberg, and lots of top manufacturer's have to have parts made in Mexico or China... I bought all of my firearms at my local gun shop. The guys in there can be intimidating but they are very helpful.
Wendigo
CaeIeste
If Wal*Mart sells somebody a gun, then yes it is Wal*Mart's fault that they have a gun. Wal*Mart would be instrumental to the process.

So, car dealerships are instrumental to people dying in car accidents. Nice logic. lol

Invisible Phantom

GunsmithKitten
Screw Wal Mart. They rarely employ an actual gunsmith at their sporting goods section. Support your local brick and mortar gun store instead! mrgreen
Our local walmart had their FFL pulled 10 years ago. Big 5 sells guns, but being a major chain I don't know how much better they are. A local chain called Bimart has some guns, but a very limited selection and no magazines except for ruger 10/22s. We had a legit gun store, but they went out of business after a year.

Pretty much the best way to get a new gun, especially handguns out here is to order them through our local gunsmith since they're also an FFL.

Dedicated Poster

7,775 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
zosh
Wendigo
CaeIeste

So, car dealerships are instrumental to people dying in car accidents. Nice logic. lol
Cars have another use beside ending one's life. You know, guns are for killing Bambi's mother or someone who disagrees with you.

Liberal Regular

SlamItDude
Without the 2nd Amendment, there can be no first.

Well, I guess Canada and most of Western Europe are dictatorships then.

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
zosh
Wendigo
CaeIeste

They are, yes. If a car isn't sold, it doesn't crash.

Of course, car accidents are, by nature, accidental, while many shootings are not. The salesman in Wal*Mart's sporting goods department is responsible in a more absolute sense if somebody dies thanks to a sale he made.

Cute Transform

16,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Marathon 300
  • Full closet 200
Wendigo
CaeIeste

Walmart would not be an accessory to said crime because it's a chain of stores; not a person / thing letting it happen. That's like saying "I got a heart attack because I had some ice cream I bought from coldstone." Coldstone wouldn't be the issue here; because yes said person should know that buying and eating ice cream could potentaially be dangerous for them. It's not Coldstone's fault they create things with high sugar and calorie levels; it's the person's mind making the decisions. Therefore coldstone would not be an accessory to that person's heart attack.

It's all about how humans process the thoughts that come through their head. You're liable for the damage that you cause; even if perhaps you were sold a sledgehammer from walmart and that's what you used to cause significant damage to someone's property or person. It's not Walmart's fault that you decided to hit poor Sally with a sledgehammer because you happened to have bought it from walmart. Guns, like sledgehammers, have practical uses as well as it's negativity. I personally shoot skeet and trap as a club sport; and I'd like to go hunting as it is something my family has done for generations. Practical uses get overlooked when people decide they want to ban guns.

On top of all of this gun laws wouldn't really help all that much when it comes to gangs. neutral
Since you would probably need several guns to hold onto what power you have I foresee people illegally purchasing guns from dealers across the border in places like Canada or Mexico. (Not saying they're bad; they're the only countries the US borders lol) On top of that guns would become an increasingly large black market trade. It's already huge; and having a ban on them would end up like how prohibition was with the speakeasies and such. The more people are kept away from something, the more curious they get. The more curious they get, the more they want it.

Cute Transform

16,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Marathon 300
  • Full closet 200
Wendigo
zosh
Wendigo
CaeIeste

Of course, car accidents are, by nature, accidental, while many shootings are not. The salesman in Wal*Mart's sporting goods department is responsible in a more absolute sense if somebody dies thanks to a sale he made.

You realize you can accidentally kill someone with a gun too, right?

Magical Girl

Wendigo
zosh
Wendigo
CaeIeste

Sergeant Nicholas Angel
Accident implies there's nobody to blame.

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
CaeIeste

Yes, that's why I used the words I used and not others that I could have used. But it's very difficult to accidentally kill somebody on purpose, which guns make fairly simple to do. Hence how it happens roughly eleven thousand times a year in the US.

Cute Transform

16,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Marathon 300
  • Full closet 200
Wendigo
CaeIeste

Yes, that's why I used the words I used and not others that I could have used. But it's very difficult to accidentally kill somebody on purpose, which guns make fairly simple to do. Hence how it happens roughly eleven thousand times a year in the US.

o ^ o Um

What did you mean? sweatdrop

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
CaeIeste

o ^ o Um

Well, accidental killing and murder are mutually exclusive. You can't accidentally murder somebody, it requires what they call the "vicious will" in the law. That's why murder and manslaughter are considered separate things, causing somebody's death doesn't always mean wanting or intending for them to die.

I realized after the fact that I probably should have split that second clause into another sentence, but I don't like to fuss.

Cute Transform

16,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Marathon 300
  • Full closet 200
Wendigo
CaeIeste

o ^ o Um

Well, accidental killing and murder are mutually exclusive. You can't accidentally murder somebody, it requires what they call the "vicious will" in the law. That's why murder and manslaughter are considered separate things, causing somebody's death doesn't always mean wanting or intending for them to die.

I realized after the fact that I probably should have split that second clause into another sentence, but I don't like to fuss.

You haven't heard of someone who didn't know what they were doing, standing in front of someone, fooling around with the gun, either not knowing it's loaded or forgetting they loaded it; and having it go off on the person in front of them? Happens here in Phoenix quite a bit.

And before you say "well it wasn't accidental"

Most of said cases are people being stupid and having the gun out in front of small children.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff