Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Regular

8,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
The Sky Does Not Bow
The New Wineskin
I do not even know what the "War on Women" is. Is that the Jane Velez-Mitchell campaign against rape and murder committed against women? (Ignoring that murder is more common against men . . .)

I like that last touch. It gives your smarmy doucheyness a... a sort of piquant taste.

Think of it as the spice to an already great dish. wink

Feral Warrior

Major Lima Charlie
If the American people are willing to sacrifice the rights of the people for economic stability, I'm not quite sure they deserve it.
^this
The New Wineskin
I do not even know what the "War on Women" is. Is that the Jane Velez-Mitchell campaign against rape and murder committed against women? (Ignoring that murder is more common against men . . .)

It sounds much nicer for them to call it the 'war on women', instead of 'in defense of the unborn', because that makes them look like a bunch of baby killing s**t bags. Semantics bud.

Devoted Explorer

Old Blue Collar Joe
The New Wineskin

It sounds much nicer for them to call it the 'war on women', instead of 'in defense of the unborn', because that makes them look like a bunch of baby killing s**t bags. Semantics bud.
Well, we could call it "White men justifying rape of women," but then some people would get butthurt.
Major Lima Charlie
Old Blue Collar Joe
The New Wineskin

Well, we could call it "White men justifying rape of women," but then some people would get butthurt.

Any d**k wad that wants to justify rape, and this goes for that moron who said women could control their ovaries, can go ******** a blender. I'll pay for the electricity.
Major Lima Charlie
If the American people are willing to sacrifice the rights of the people for economic stability, I'm not quite sure they deserve it.
The rights of the people? I'm not sure what you mean. We are going down a path where more regulation is destroying our rights, not protecting them.

Devoted Explorer

The Cat Fiasco
Major Lima Charlie
The rights of the people? I'm not sure what you mean. We are going down a path where more regulation is destroying our rights, not protecting them.
If people vote for the Republicans solely because they claim they'll help the American economy while also sabotaging minority rights, then they don't deserve the strong economy. They're shitheads who are willing to give up the rights of others for monetary benefit.
The Cat Fiasco
Major Lima Charlie

Depends on what kind of regulation.

It was the deregulation of wall street that caused the housing bubble.
Remember, Obama's political education was overseen by those who gain power via division and distraction.

These memes like the 'war on women' Republicans seem to wage all the time are all meant to draw your attention away from the fact that our work force is becoming less about full time employment and more about part time employment and dependence.

Read Rules for Radicals and observe Obama carefully after reading. Things make sense in the correct context.

Aged Lunatic

Old Blue Collar Joe
Major Lima Charlie
Old Blue Collar Joe
The New Wineskin

Any d**k wad that wants to justify rape, and this goes for that moron who said women could control their ovaries, can go ******** a blender. I'll pay for the electricity.

You'd be shelling out a lot to the utility companies, my man, because I can find you quite a few such people, starting with a well known and heralded author...
GunsmithKitten
Old Blue Collar Joe
Major Lima Charlie
Old Blue Collar Joe
The New Wineskin

You'd be shelling out a lot to the utility companies, my man, because I can find you quite a few such people, starting with a well known and heralded author...

I think I'd have a ton of donations to help me foot the bill.

Dapper Codger

4,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
Why should we talk about the economy? It's just a distraction by republicans for the war on women!

See? See what I did there?

The whole "This is a Liberal Distraction" excuse is just used by republicans in a vain attempt to justify absolutely horrendous social policies. It's not a distraction, if a Republican is arguing for something completely insane, that deserves to be mentioned. We shouldn't give Republicans a free ride to say or promote any backwards social policy just by saying bringing it up is a "distraction".
Symorin
Why should we talk about the economy? It's just a distraction by republicans for the war on women!

See? See what I did there?

The whole "This is a Liberal Distraction" excuse is just used by republicans in a vain attempt to justify absolutely horrendous social policies. It's not a distraction, if a Republican is arguing for something completely insane, that deserves to be mentioned. We shouldn't give Republicans a free ride to say or promote any backwards social policy just by saying bringing it up is a "distraction".

But the economy is a real issue.

Dapper Codger

4,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
The Cat Fiasco

But the economy is a real issue.

So is threatening the rights of Gays to adopt.

So is defunding a group known for helping women through pregnancy just because of, gasp, they also offer abortion.

So is attempting to keep groups from being mandated to provide birth control pills (which, in some cases, isn't even necessarily for Birth Control) because of some strange idea of "Think of the children!"

Those are all real issues, and they affect people's day to day lives. You can't call something "not a real issue" when it genuinely is real and it can affect how people go about their lives.

Dedicated Poster

7,775 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
WatcherPrime
Remember, Obama's political education was overseen by those who gain power via division and distraction.

These memes like the 'war on women' Republicans seem to wage all the time are all meant to draw your attention away from the fact that our work force is becoming less about full time employment and more about part time employment and dependence.

Read Rules for Radicals and observe Obama carefully after reading. Things make sense in the correct context.
Funny, the neocons here in Australia brought in industrial relations changes that took rights of workers away. Agreements could be offered which removed leave loadings and penalty rates for "unsociable hours", business with less than 101 workers would be exempt from unfair dismissal laws and several roadblocks to industrial action. That sounds like it's less about full time employment and more about making the rich get richer. It's also pretty much damning that it would put expectant mothers in the s**t.

Those laws were, thankfully, reversed.

EDIT: Oh, forgot to downvote this thread

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas