Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Explorer

Final Lucius
So you're mad because they picked him. Pretty sure you'd be singing a different tune if some conservative got picked. You're seeing it through a partisan funnel. I personally think they shouldn't have picked him twice so close together. But I'm not gonna attack their reasoning. Looks legit to me.

[******** you. Fumasu is as un-partisan as they come in ED-P. This just reinforces how useless Time's opinion is.

Enduring Conversationalist

6,750 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
Obviously you don't understand the quote you gave. It has little to do with politics, it has to do with who change the culture most.
Read please, it may help you to be a little smarter. Or at the very least, less annoying.

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
While Obama isn't the best president we ever had, he not exactly the worst if you line him up with past presidents like Nixon,Wilson, and Jackson. I think though, the public relations people working with the media are mostly trying to make Obama look good because he's black. Wouldn't look very good for the future of minorities if the first non-white president we've ever had was also the worst president we've ever had. Having the first minority Pres. A Man of the Year title would certainly look much better in the history books.

Barton Elder

Do you know who else was Time's Person of the Year? Hitler.

Boredom aside, we're in a time where if you hurt anyone's feelings, you're bankrupt. It'sad, yes, but uncontroversial nominations would be a bit challenging. Also, I doubt there were many people on the preconceived list that weren't American, European, or Chinese/Japanese.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff