Welcome to Gaia! ::

Would you "Opt Out" of Obama-Care if your boss & all the Hospitals had to know & could drop coverage or raise rates on you?

Hell yes! I'd Opt Out of Obama-Care no matter "who" knew & "what" it cost me! 0.23076923076923 23.1% [ 3 ]
No way! I'd be scared to let my boss know I wasn't protected by it & have all those hospitals know! 0.076923076923077 7.7% [ 1 ]
Um...no..having all the hospitals know about me defeats the reason why I would... 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
No Way! I actually WANT Obama-Care, but I'd support other people doing this! 0.69230769230769 69.2% [ 9 ]
Total Votes:[ 13 ]
< 1 2 3

Profitable Prophet

8,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
RS Sailor Black Moon
Less Than Liz
That's silly. Younger people trend towards putting off buying health insurance because they're at lower risk. No one is saying there is zero risk at any point in time, merely that individuals tend to hedge their bets when younger. This is nearly a given. If people were inclined to view the risk as high enough to purchase health insurance, there would be no need for the mandate in the first place. Justices are only operating on the same assumptions as Congress, though the government is arguing, among many things, that they're still regulating commerce - as opposed to creating commerce - because younger people will eventually purchase health insurance anyway.

Well thats why we need them to buy health insurance. The only way it's affordable for everyone is if the healthy people get insurance too.

So now you agree with the justices? Because, from here, it looks like you're now agreeing with the proposition you were criticizing in your previous post and using it as the foundation for your argument in support of the individual mandate.

Newbie Businesswoman

4,900 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Trader 100
Less Than Liz
RS Sailor Black Moon
Less Than Liz
That's silly. Younger people trend towards putting off buying health insurance because they're at lower risk. No one is saying there is zero risk at any point in time, merely that individuals tend to hedge their bets when younger. This is nearly a given. If people were inclined to view the risk as high enough to purchase health insurance, there would be no need for the mandate in the first place. Justices are only operating on the same assumptions as Congress, though the government is arguing, among many things, that they're still regulating commerce - as opposed to creating commerce - because younger people will eventually purchase health insurance anyway.

Well thats why we need them to buy health insurance. The only way it's affordable for everyone is if the healthy people get insurance too.

So now you agree with the justices? Because, from here, it looks like you're now agreeing with the proposition you were criticizing in your previous post and using it as the foundation for your argument in support of the individual mandate.

er what are you talking about?

that was my first post in this thread....

Profitable Prophet

8,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
RS Sailor Black Moon
er what are you talking about?

that was my first post in this thread....

Whooooops, sorry, got my notifications and avatars messed up. Carry on.
tererun the horrifying
the one thing i cannot stand is the association of Obama with the mandate health insurance pert of the bill. Anyone who paid attention to the whole thing knows Obama wanted single payer government health care. The whole reason the bill came about as that insurance companies were screwing over their customers. The mandate to have health insurance came from......the republicans. That was not Obama. The republicans were playing a game of lets see what crazy s**t we can add to the bill because obama was trying to negotiate with them.

Now you can say obama supported it because he did sign the bill knowing the provision was in there. To that i have to say he made sure the provision had plenty of time to be reviewed by the courts and tossed out. He made sure the important parts of insurance reform were initiated immediately. So he got some of his reforms in, that were needed BTW, an then allowed the republicans to play a stupid game and he made sure to give the courts 4 years to shoot down their insurance mandates.

Now what do we have in effect?
-Insurance companies cannot drop people for getting long term expensive diseases.
-No lifetime caps for insurance care.
-guaranteed insurance coverage for those people with pre-existing conditions in a high risk pool that will eventually be done away with and the insurance companies will have to accept pre-existing conditions without higher rates
-No more charging different genders different rates
-The age limit for requiring kids get their own insurance was raised to 26 allowing them to go to college and then get a job before they have to pay for their own insurance.
-better coverage for seniors to actually reduce the amount they rely on medicare and SS for.

Those things are good and were put into effect much quicker than the Republican insurance mandate that was never a part of the original Obamacare to begin with. If you are going to blame Obama for requiring people to pay a private for profit company for insurance please make sure it was actually his idea and not the product of some republican congressman who's last name is the same as a hard on. Thanks a bunch and stop being a ******** idiot in the future.

The mandate did NOT come from republicans. That is a flat out lie. The dems did that in an attempt to get reps to vote for it, even though they had already been told flat out that the reps were not going to support it regardless of what was done to it.
So you're trying to put the dems road kill on the reps plate.
Should be struck down shortly anyway.
GunsmithKitten
razorsarz
Its so good they did not even know what was in it. we have to pass it to find out what is in it remember. .

That didn't stop the passing of the Patriot Act, now did it?

No, it didn't even slow it down a whit. Nor did it stop this administration from making the patriot act even worse.
tererun the horrifying
Anyone who paid attention to the whole thing knows Obama wanted single payer government health care.

[Citation neeeded]
Why are all of these threads about opting out? Someone should make a thread about the unprecedented protection this will provide women. This is potentially the biggest gain for women in half a century.
tererun the horrifying
azulmagia
tererun the horrifying
Anyone who paid attention to the whole thing knows Obama wanted single payer government health care.

[Citation neeeded]

Sorry, I was using my memory of that time. maybe you are too young to remember way back then, or maybe your memory just sucks.

Obama's too right-wing to be in favour of single payer.
tererun the horrifying
azulmagia
tererun the horrifying
azulmagia
tererun the horrifying

[Citation neeeded]

Sorry, I was using my memory of that time. maybe you are too young to remember way back then, or maybe your memory just sucks.

Obama's too right-wing to be in favour of single payer.

yeah, we figured that out when he allowed his campaign promises to lapse.

Do you drink a lot of alcohol, or do you have a PCP habit that is rotting holes in your already feeble little mind?

Enough with the jibber-jabber, you got some quotables on Obama pimpin' single-payer or not?
tererun the horrifying
azulmagia
Enough with the jibber-jabber, you got some quotables on Obama pimpin' single-payer or not?

No seriously lay off the PCP. It is not good for someone with so little brain matter.

In other words, so you can understand it, I don't jump through hoops for really big idiots because they really were never able to comprehend fact and reality anyway.

Translation: "No, I don't."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces