Welcome to Gaia! ::

Queen Shining Heaven
The rose in spring
Queen Shining Heaven
The rose in spring
We never really had the first amendment. Say something that could threaten to change the political direction of the country and you get killed. Don't believe me? Ask the students at Kent State.

And yet, the country has chanfged and continues to change. Guess your theory is shot

Nothing changes. You still are a slave to the owners of this country.

Not that slave thing again. Will you lighten up? The world isn't perfect but it's not nearly as bad as you seem to see it as

And why is that?

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
The rose in spring
Queen Shining Heaven
The rose in spring
Queen Shining Heaven
The rose in spring
We never really had the first amendment. Say something that could threaten to change the political direction of the country and you get killed. Don't believe me? Ask the students at Kent State.

And yet, the country has chanfged and continues to change. Guess your theory is shot

Not that slave thing again. Will you lighten up? The world isn't perfect but it's not nearly as bad as you seem to see it as

And why is that?

Your implication is that because there are people of wealth who may or may not have power,, that means that we're all just suffering under them. Your use of the word slave is just hyperbole. Instead of lamenting those in power, why not strive to be the person in power? That is the easiest way
Tadpole Jackson
The First Amendment is an obsolete document from hundreds of years ago, it was intended to protect books and political pamphlets like those of Thomas Paine, not sick video games like StarCraft that legitimize mass murder, or websites full of gore, and Nazism.

The First Amendment was never developed with computers and the internet in mind. You should be free to write whatever you want with quill and parchment, but that's it.

How does Starcraft promote murder?

Smoker

Grand Monarch of Heaven
The rose in spring
Queen Shining Heaven
The rose in spring
Queen Shining Heaven
The rose in spring

And why is that?

Your implication is that because there are people of wealth who may or may not have power,, that means that we're all just suffering under them. Your use of the word slave is just hyperbole. Instead of lamenting those in power, why not strive to be the person in power? That is the easiest way

You only care about yourself. Maybe that's not true. It seems true.

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Agent Thrax
Grand Monarch of Heaven
The rose in spring
Queen Shining Heaven
The rose in spring

And why is that?

You only care about yourself. Maybe that's not true. It seems true.

Where did you get that idea from?

Hot Exhibitionist

9,550 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Autobiographer 200
For me, written words have just as great an influence on me as graphic images. Do you think that seeing violence somehow diminishes a person's self-control? If it's fictional, it isn't harming me until it becomes real. And anyone can read a book and decide to recreate the images the words put in their head.

Smoker

Grand Monarch of Heaven
The rose in spring
Queen Shining Heaven
The rose in spring
Queen Shining Heaven
The rose in spring

And why is that?

There really is no difference when you get right down to it. They just treat some of us so nice that we don't really care what the ******** is going on.
There's a Dolph movie from the 80s where a loud American journalist explains more in 25 seconds what the 1st amendment means than has been explained in the last 25 years since it was filmed.

For example, this s**t wasn't part of it:
Quote:

Please fill in the words to submit your post

Oops, we found the following problems:

Error: Please fill in the words to submit your post

Discover capitalist pig bullshit Game Changer
Quote:
Seriously? You bring up a failure of an "argument" against the First Amendment and not bring up religion, the press or the right to assemble? Is this satire or a troll?
The_Ky-Guy
Seriously? You bring up a failure of an "argument" against the First Amendment and not bring up religion, the press or the right to assemble? Is this satire or a troll?

You're not that quick are you?

I translated an anti second amendment argument into an anti first amendment argument, looks pretty stupid doesn't it?
Tadpole Jackson
The_Ky-Guy

You're not that quick are you?

I translated an anti second amendment argument into an anti first amendment argument, looks pretty stupid doesn't it?

Oh, jeez. Is this a satire of some sort? Sorry, man. sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces