Welcome to Gaia! ::

Right wingers love blowing up villagers even more than Obamabot liberals

Tipsy Lover

Omnileech
Jixio
How big of a hypocrite do you have to be to have a problem with water-boarding terror suspects to get intelligence but fine with assassinating American citizens in other countries without any legal representation or opportunity to defend oneself in court? What's so bad about simulated drowning anyway? At least they don't actually kill you.

Won't be long before Obama's administration starts trying to make a legal argument for drone strikes on U.S. soil. Heck, why don't we just use drones to execute all of the prisoners at Gitmo?

Did you really ask what's so bad about torture? So as long as you don't die anything is fine? As for drone use you can be a liberal and be opposed to drone usage. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Exactly what I wanted to say.

4,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Statustician 100
The New Wineskin
GunsmithKitten
A 3 year old in a pink wheelchair can't possibly be up to any good, can
they? stare

I'm not going to lie: I agree with you over all, but a three-year-old in a pink wheelchair, while not being the actual aggressor, is the perfect target for manipulation into doing something bad, such as suicide bombing.
I was going to go with smuggling heroin but that works too.

Hilarious Prophet

Nobody besides the guilty have reason to fear authority.

Hilarious Prophet

pockybot
Right wingers love blowing up villagers even more than Obamabot liberals

Both sides are incapable of actual thought.

Familiar Smoker

Jacque De Molay
They do when the authority dictates what qualifies as "guilty".

Jeering Regular

Jacque De Molay
"If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary."

But that's not the case. Authority is feared because we fear the people who wield it, and those that seek it out, because we are, rightfully, suspicious of those who desire power.

Hilarious Prophet

TANRailgun
Jacque De Molay
They do when the authority dictates what qualifies as "guilty".
All authority dictates what is guilty and most seem comfortable with than without.

Hilarious Prophet

Ban
Jacque De Molay
"If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary."

But that's not the case. Authority is feared because we fear the people who wield it, and those that seek it out, because we are, rightfully, suspicious of those who desire power.
All desire power.
Authority is feared because nobody wants the authoritative position to be filled by another besides themselves.
The will to power exists in all.

Jeering Regular

Jacque De Molay
Ban
Jacque De Molay

All desire power.
Authority is feared because nobody wants the authoritative position to be filled by another besides themselves.
The will to power exists in all.
Putting aside a rather trite invocation of Nietzschean philosophy for a moment, are you attempting to contradict what I said? Because nothing you said seems to serve as a rebuttal.

Distinct Explorer

6,550 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Tycoon 200
Coconutchurro
How big of a hypocrite do you have to be to have a problem with water-boarding terror suspects to get intelligence but fine with assassinating American citizens in other countries without any legal representation or opportunity to defend oneself in court? What's so bad about simulated drowning anyway? At least they don't actually kill you.

Won't be long before Obama's administration starts trying to make a legal argument for drone strikes on U.S. soil. Heck, why don't we just use drones to execute all of the prisoners at Gitmo?

I find the idea that one day our government may just spy on all of us with secret drone cameras and take out people from the sky with no trial or legal proceedings terrifying.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
Coconutchurro

confused you are being just as hypocritcal, you know. just in the opposite direction.

and liberals and conservatives alike are in favour of Drones. the American People in general are not.

Beloved Regular

8,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
Revolutionary Justice
The New Wineskin
GunsmithKitten
A 3 year old in a pink wheelchair can't possibly be up to any good, can
they? stare

I'm not going to lie: I agree with you over all, but a three-year-old in a pink wheelchair, while not being the actual aggressor, is the perfect target for manipulation into doing something bad, such as suicide bombing.
I was going to go with smuggling heroin but that works too.

Too cliche. razz

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
DashingRogue45

I find the idea that one day our government may just spy on all of us with secret drone cameras and take out people from the sky with no trial or legal proceedings terrifying.
I find it terrifying but unlikely at present, as drones are not autonomous. They have big support teams to maintain and pilot them; every flight costs a million dollars, and one in three results in a crash. It would be much more cost-effective (more generally effective as well) to use street cameras to spy on people, and men with guns to assassinate them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff