Welcome to Gaia! ::

Omnileech
deadroosters
Omnileech
He's been saying that for a while now, but I don't think he really means what he says. If you were to interpret the Constitution for what you believe society at the time the Constitution and Amendments were ratified then you would be limited to the imagination and ideas present at the time of the constitution's founding. Scalia for instance, believes that hand-held rockets are legal for the common citizen to own under the Second Amendment despite the fact that the idea of a portable missile-launcher did not exist and I would bet Scalia all the money in the world that he couldn't find a primary-source document from the era to prove otherwise.

I'm sure they figured that some sort of handheld artillery would exist by now.

But rockets don't work like cannons. They're conceptually very different. Grenades either, or things that shoot grenades.

Rockets existed then (in India of all places), though I dunno how "handheld" they were.
Omnileech
deadroosters
Omnileech
He's been saying that for a while now, but I don't think he really means what he says. If you were to interpret the Constitution for what you believe society at the time the Constitution and Amendments were ratified then you would be limited to the imagination and ideas present at the time of the constitution's founding. Scalia for instance, believes that hand-held rockets are legal for the common citizen to own under the Second Amendment despite the fact that the idea of a portable missile-launcher did not exist and I would bet Scalia all the money in the world that he couldn't find a primary-source document from the era to prove otherwise.

I'm sure they figured that some sort of handheld artillery would exist by now.

But rockets don't work like cannons. They're conceptually very different. Grenades either, or things that shoot grenades.

How is an RPG so different from a handheld cannon that can shoot grenades? They had to know that was coming. They had both cannons and grenades.
Upper houses aren't intended to be proportional their supposed to be a check on the lower house being organized differently to but with a similar[usually smaller] number of members.
however, but to end minority rule wouldn't require making the senate more proportional one maybe a little bit intrusive rule that to get more than half the seats in either house, one must have more than half the popular vote.
seats would be removed from the party in order of least to most popular candidate, and secondarily by least to most popular party in each of the constituencies, until each party with less than half the votes has less than half the seats, both including and excluding the speaker of the house.

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Ammo Amy
It also states "well regulated Militia" but we see how that is twisted, don't we Joe?
A militia specifically tasked with "suppressing insurrections," according to Article 1, Section 8, in spite of the more common contrary interpretation of starting them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff