Welcome to Gaia! ::

okey this might sound weird, and im not exacly sure if it could work, and if it would if it would be beneficial.

supose all company's in a nation give the paychecks of the employees to the goverment, wich will than deduct a certain percent of tax, and spreads the rest of it evenly to the population.

in my nation we have difrent percenteges of tax depending on the income, so in my case if done right the majority would get more income, and tax reveneu would be higher.

sure the elit people in society will be very grumpy cos they will make less money, but all in all the avrage would be about the same, and since more people can spend money they will will spend it too (instead of sitting in a bank acount of rich people) this way more tax will come in the goverment, as such they can improve health care, public transport etc etc etc.

would this idea i got at work today work like i said, or will it have a difrent effect?
regane
okey this might sound weird, and im not exacly sure if it could work, and if it would if it would be beneficial.

supose all company's in a nation give the paychecks of the employees to the goverment, wich will than deduct a certain percent of tax, and spreads the rest of it evenly to the population.

in my nation we have difrent percenteges of tax depending on the income, so in my case if done right the majority would get more income, and tax reveneu would be higher.

sure the elit people in society will be very grumpy cos they will make less money, but all in all the avrage would be about the same, and since more people can spend money they will will spend it too (instead of sitting in a bank acount of rich people) this way more tax will come in the goverment, as such they can improve health care, public transport etc etc etc.

would this idea i got at work today work like i said, or will it have a difrent effect?

Heres a better idea. Instead of and Income tax why not a over alls sales tax? Sure it would raise the prices of goods but people wouldn't be taxed on what they earned but what they buy. The more they buy the more taxes and know us americans almost all of us are going to by alot. I believe this is one of the Bush Admintration's tax reform Ideas as well.
ThomasFyreClaw
regane

Heres a better idea. Instead of and Income tax why not a over alls sales tax? Sure it would raise the prices of goods but people wouldn't be taxed on what they earned but what they buy. The more they buy the more taxes and know us americans almost all of us are going to by alot. I believe this is one of the Bush Admintration's tax reform Ideas as well.
that is an intresting idea, but i fear people will be shocked by teh higher prices. the prices need to be raised otherwise the economy would colaps, evreryone able to buy anything they want, and of course the taxes on the items will be raised, and people might start to live on a smaller budget (relativly) than before, wich could be very harm full, hmm maby im talking weird again
regane

Not fair to the rich. Just because their rich doesn't mean that they didn't have to bust their a** to get to where they were. Look at Bill Gates. He busted his a**, and others as well to get to where he is today. Rich people aren't as evil and greedy as you think. Rich people SPEND more than poor people, because they have the disposable income.

More money to the rich = More Rich people spending money = More money to the government.
Prettz3003
regane

Not fair to the rich. Just because their rich doesn't mean that they didn't have to bust their a** to get to where they were. Look at Bill Gates. He busted his a**, and others as well to get to where he is today. Rich people aren't as evil and greedy as you think. Rich people SPEND more than poor people, because they have the disposable income.

More money to the rich = More Rich people spending money = More money to the government.

Yea, ripping off apple isn't easy
But you have discovered the flaw of trickle down, if you spend more money it helps the ecconomy, OF THE NATION YOU SPEND IT IN! A lexus doesn't help the american ecconomy, with a balance of trade as sekewed as it is, money is just leaving the US.
Lol it's like communism XD. Distributing it equally, mm?

Kaze Drimn's Prince

Lavish Businessman

ThomasFyreClaw
regane

So a flat income tax in disguise? This is a direct nod to the power elites. The lower classes will spend more of their income than the upper classes.
regane

Then let's say I work as a busboy at a resteraunt. Why should I want to move up? Why would I want to be a manager? They work longer hours and they don't get tips from customers and they have to deal with grumpy customers. If the increase in my pay wouldn't translate to more money in my pocket, then I'd prefer to stay a busboy.

If nobody wants to move up, then nobody will, and there's no reason to be anything better paying than a bricklayer. So nobody tries. The economy collapses.
Wren5
regane

Then let's say I work as a busboy at a resteraunt. Why should I want to move up? Why would I want to be a manager? They work longer hours and they don't get tips from customers and they have to deal with grumpy customers. If the increase in my pay wouldn't translate to more money in my pocket, then I'd prefer to stay a busboy.

If nobody wants to move up, then nobody will, and there's no reason to be anything better paying than a bricklayer. So nobody tries. The economy collapses.
yes that makes sense, and maby the better jobs like manager need to be given a bonus of some sort, to make it apealing
regane

Suppose I just sit on my a** all day and all you suckers that work just send me your money. That would be the attitude of many people under a system like the one you have proposed.
SMOKIEJOE89
regane

Suppose I just sit on my a** all day and all you suckers that work just send me your money. That would be the attitude of many people under a system like the one you have proposed.
of course no money for the freeloaders, i kindaasumed that would be obvius
regane

it will not work... it's essentially comunism but not quite perfect comunism because look how much the gov has to spend to collect and divide all the paychecks.

also, you talk about people not wanting to work, what about companies, why pay a surgeon 1000 buck to do a surgery? why not only pay him 10, since he'll get the same amount either way.
the solution is simple, the government tells the companies how much the jobs are worth and you pretty much are to communism.

the average would not be the same, it would plummet.

The United States has worked hard through 200+ years and fought for freedom for individual citizens to be able to do what they want for the most part and to be able to benefit from the fruits of their labor. This would be a direct oppositon to the principles the U.S. is built on.

There are so many economic reasons that it wouldn't work that it isn't even funny, and if you want some case points check out cold war comunist countries, I know it's not exact but I think you'd see some of their problems.

Anyway, I know you don't believe this cause you said you had just heard it and were wondering, so I won't make any huge pile of arguements, suffice it to say no it won't work, and you would do best not to support such ideas in the U.S., I'd love to discuss more in depth reasons if you're really interested.
ThomasFyreClaw
regane

Woudn't that cause people who spend the entirety of their net salary on basic needs, like poor people, to pay more taxes (in income percentage) over those who make enough money to afford to save? Woudn't that be regressing towards the time where the rich were exempt from taxes and only the poor paid them?
Featauril
Woudn't that cause people who spend the entirety of their net salary on basic needs, like poor people, to pay more taxes (in income percentage) over those who make enough money to afford to save? Woudn't that be regressing towards the time where the rich were exempt from taxes and only the poor paid them?

Of course it would, and that's the point.

Regressive taxes (such as sales taxes) have as a direct goal, punishing the poor for being poor, and rewarding the rich for being rich.

Until you realize that, it's hard to engage in a useful argument with advocates of them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff