Welcome to Gaia! ::

hyper-authoritarian dystopia for the next hundred or so years. Assuming that this is probably going to happen...

I won't be able to save you guys. You really should start preparing for this like any other natural disaster. Is it so crazy to prepare for a political disaster? Or do elements in popular media simply portray it that way?
one should always be prepped, most for only a month or two (maximum anticipated time from disaster)
no need to worry about political disaster. I'm stupid enough to be the first one killed, cause I'd be bitching at their face. See, makes life easier when you know your role
agrab0ekim
one should always be prepped, most for only a month or two (maximum anticipated time from disaster)
no need to worry about political disaster. I'm stupid enough to be the first one killed, cause I'd be bitching at their face. See, makes life easier when you know your role

Prep for a month or two, die three months in.

******** no. You won't catch me dying meaninglessly in an angry mob what got Kent State'd.
So America has had a history of racism, slavery and even genocide, but now and I mean NOW is the day and age where the government is oppressive?
God Emperor Akhenaton
So America has had a history of racism, slavery and even genocide, but now and I mean NOW is the day and age where the government is oppressive?

Evil's pretty much our general MO. We just have a really good propaganda machine.

Sikhil's Wife

Shameless Firestarter

15,025 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I have to agree, America's one of the most evil nations I've seen. They need to learn to mind their own business and not get into wars they can't get out of...good job Bush doing what your dad couldn't do...oh wait you're still stuck there. Guess daddy was smarter.

There is an amazing amount of propaganda - as I've said in other posts. I always recommend Noah Chamsky's 'Manufacturing Consent'. It's insane how much Amercian's just go along mindlessly. They're more concerned about having the newest phone and texting while driving. They'll let the entire government take them over and smile like morons while doing it - at least 80% of them.

The only ones brave enough to protest get beat up, tazed, and shot, by their own police, and then their own people laugh and mock them because they've been willingly hypnotized by faux news. The United States deserves to fall to ruin, as it's people are too apathetic to do anything about it.
severedDEATHelemental
God Emperor Akhenaton

Evil's pretty much our general MO. We just have a really good propaganda machine.

I get that and I agree, but why only now? Was it not a political disaster when the US went into Vietnam and shot protesors over it? Was it not a political disaster when we executed the Rosenbergs, segregated blacks, outlawed sodomy, bombed Hiroshima, interned the Japanese, enslaved the blacks, view women as property and committed various other atrocities? if anything the US is getting better. It's not perfect and I support occupy, but we are way better off. People today have no idea what suffering is.

700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
You can prep, but this may be considered a threat (along with your gender, religion or race) depending what sort of hyper-dystopian rulership we get and the circumstances.

I'd prep by taking a first aid class, getting a few generally useful books (medical care, cookbook, local botany and gardening, etc) but books may be outlawed in a sort of Fahrenheit 451.

The US populace is very complacent and afraid of technology (there's VCRs in way too many places yet) so an oppressive dictatorship with drones spying on our every move isn't too far off.

Aged Poster

5,250 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Popular Thread 100
Sombre_Ash
I have to agree, America's one of the most evil nations I've seen. They need to learn to mind their own business and not get into wars they can't get out of...good job Bush doing what your dad couldn't do...oh wait you're still stuck there. Guess daddy was smarter.

There is an amazing amount of propaganda - as I've said in other posts. I always recommend Noah Chamsky's 'Manufacturing Consent'. It's insane how much Amercian's just go along mindlessly. They're more concerned about having the newest phone and texting while driving. They'll let the entire government take them over and smile like morons while doing it - at least 80% of them.

The only ones brave enough to protest get beat up, tazed, and shot, by their own police, and then their own people laugh and mock them because they've been willingly hypnotized by faux news. The United States deserves to fall to ruin, as it's people are too apathetic to do anything about it.

"Evil" is subjective.

That statement aside, I tend to agree with some of what you're saying. Most Americans, unfortunately, are so brainwashed that they don't realize they're being brainwashed. I've been thinking and saying for a while now that the state of the U.S. is beginning to remind me of the last few centuries of the Roman Republic/Empire. We're quickly moving from the "Republic" mindset to the "Empire" mindset (if we haven't got there already, which is very likely).

I believe many of the "founding fathers" would roll over in their graves upon seeing what we're doing with the nation they founded.

Aged Poster

5,250 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Popular Thread 100
God Emperor Akhenaton
severedDEATHelemental
God Emperor Akhenaton

I get that and I agree, but why only now? Was it not a political disaster when the US went into Vietnam and shot protesors over it? Was it not a political disaster when we executed the Rosenbergs, segregated blacks, outlawed sodomy, bombed Hiroshima, interned the Japanese, enslaved the blacks, view women as property and committed various other atrocities? if anything the US is getting better. It's not perfect and I support occupy, but we are way better off. People today have no idea what suffering is.

Agreed, but you also have to remember the "hindsight is 20/20" principle. We're better, but we're still (by and large) brainwashed morons.

There are still people that think segregation was a good idea. Propaganda is a powerful tool and the U.S. leaders have been particularly adept and creative and using it.
God Emperor Akhenaton

Name a country that doesn't have that in their history.
God Emperor Akhenaton
severedDEATHelemental
God Emperor Akhenaton

Why only now? Good question.
I wasn't born yet.
Old Blue Collar Joe
God Emperor Akhenaton

Stop trying to brand the US as having a great history free of oppression. The US has so much to answer for, it's not really funny.
God Emperor Akhenaton
Old Blue Collar Joe
God Emperor Akhenaton

Stop trying to brand the US as having a great history free of oppression. The US has so much to answer for, it's not really funny.

Wasn't what I said, was it? Nope. We're far from perfect, but of all the countries I've been to? I'll take this one.
Again, name a country that doesn't have a similar past.
Old Blue Collar Joe
God Emperor Akhenaton

Tibet.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces