Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Cutie-Pie

We all know the storm called 'SOPA' passed by a few months ago, but it turns out that Congress passed it once more with a majority's vote under the name of CISPA. Of course, it still has to go through to the president to either veto or pass, but I'm fairly sure it will pass.

This is something truly disappointing to hear. I dislike hearing that they went behind the backs of their citizens and brought this up.

They will never hear the end of it.
I'm not so sure about that. But then again, it has to make it through the Senate first. Remember that you have to have 60 votes in this day and age to pass anything in the Senate.
Ammo Amy
I'm not so sure about that. But then again, it has to make it through the Senate first. Remember that you have to have 60 votes in this day and age to pass anything in the Senate.

the chance of an interest group passing a bill for there interests against the interests of everyone else is directly linked to the interest groups ability to buy 60 politicians.

Given how they've avoided the antagonism from google and facebook who was buying against there interests, I reckon such a bill will pass without any opposition and the media will refuse to cover any aspect of this story.
Oh Dear Goth
We all know the storm called 'SOPA' passed by a few months ago, but it turns out that Congress passed it once more with a majority's vote under the name of CISPA. Of course, it still has to go through to the president to either veto or pass, but I'm fairly sure it will pass.

This is something truly disappointing to hear. I dislike hearing that they went behind the backs of their citizens and brought this up.

They will never hear the end of it.

Considering whats happening today and how the government is trying to take peoples' rights away, this is no suprise.... stare

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff