Welcome to Gaia! ::

Patton
Living Daylights
Do you want this man to introduce Mormon laws?

And which Mormon laws would he introduce, pray tell?
probably something about gays, and maybe even limiting the rights of blacks.....
Bento the spazcat
Patton
Living Daylights

probably something about gays, and maybe even limiting the rights of blacks.....

As much as I find myself wanting to jump in on "make fun of the Mormons" schtick, I just can't bring myself to do so. Because I'm fully aware that if JFK hadn't been elected because of his Roman Catholicism, and the current Republican nominee was a Catholic (and actually electable, aka not Santorum and Gingrich), then everyone would be bashing him for being Catholic.

As in making claims like: that the hypothetical nominee would be a pawn of the Pope (actually, JFK had to deal with that one); since he's Catholic he must support ***** (when actually the number of priests guilty of being ***** is about 0.012% of the international clergy. That 0.012% is still around 5,000 people and is completely unacceptable, but you get my point. Guilt-by-association fallacy and all that s**t.); the absurd claim that Catholics aren't really Christians and that "since this country was founded by Christians, it should be led by a Christian" (I'm looking at you, evangelicals of the religious right.); he'd introduce laws that are based on the Catechism; etc, etc.

In short, thank GOD JFK got elected when he did. ((Now if only he would've lived through his first term...))

But yeah, I have a feeling that Romney's gonna get attacked by people left and right in the general election for being a Mormon (this thread is proof of that already).

As the Zen Master says, "We'll see... now go make some popcorn, things are about to get interesting..."
1000 things to attack him on i will pic the one thing that means nothing to attack him on.
lol regardless if our president was christian or catholic, this nation and the world is in decline. who cares what denomination you belong to, it's not going to change the fact that we are a nation lead by sinners who claim a religion the general public approves of...
Living Daylights
Bane of Ezekiel
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is considered a branch of Christianity, llike Roman Catholicism, Eastern Orthodox, Protestantism, Anabpatists, etc.

Thus if Romney is elected, you get a Christian.

They believe that God was once a man.

So do a number of branches of Christianity that predate Protestantism by oh, a good thousand years or so, and still exist (mostly in the the Middle East).
Lieutenant_Charon
Living Daylights
Bane of Ezekiel
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is considered a branch of Christianity, llike Roman Catholicism, Eastern Orthodox, Protestantism, Anabpatists, etc.

So do a number of branches of Christianity that predate Protestantism by oh, a good thousand years or so, and still exist (mostly in the the Middle East).

And those people are not christian.
Requiem in Mortis
Living Daylights
Bane of Ezekiel

They believe that God was once a man. They do not believe in the Holy Trinity. They believe that Israelis sailed to America, they are racist, they do not condemn greed, they are not saved.
None of which changes the fact that by default, believing that Jesus is their Messiah makes them Christian.

That's not the only requirement to be Christian. You also have to believe in the word of Jesus as well. Not spread lies about him through a billion dollar mission program.
Wendigo
Living Daylights

Oh no? Seems to be a popular belief among the adherents of this Yeshua person, on account of they all acknowledge that their god was executed by the Romans and buried in a tomb. Accounts differ on what happened afterward and why, though.

Meaning he was a man before he was a god. Not to mention that mormons are also unitarians.
Patton
Living Daylights

Well for one, they are missionary happy, they do jot believe in hard drinks like alcohol or Pepsi. There are many things.
GunsmithKitten
Living Daylights
So since Rick Santorum has suspended his campaign, it's safe to assume that Mitt Romney will be going up against Barack Obama. Now this is something I am not a fan of. We have someone who is not a Christian and he has a chance of becoming president of the United States. I was never fond of Santorum, but Rick Santorum was at least a follower of God. Mitt Romney is a Mormon. I don't have an issue with A mormon personally, but this nation is a country that has a Christian majority. So why should this country be ruled by anyone other than a Christian? Do you want this man to introduce Mormon laws?

John F Kennedy had it right; a president's job is to serve the interests of the United States, not to serve the interests of any religion.

Also, you're worried about Mormon laws (whatever those are) being introduced, look towards congress, you know, the LAW MAKING BODY OF GOVERNMENT.

Fer cryin out loud, do they teach kids nothing in civics class?

Kennedy was in bed with the Vatican when he was in office.

Familiar Smoker

Wraith of Azrael
Bane of Ezekiel
Less Than Liz
Bane of Ezekiel

It's just that their religion is super creepy.

So is the Catholic Church, you know with all the *****.

Then again, the fundie LDS' has ***** and non-consensual polygamy. >____>

and racism until the 1970s.

They originally believed that black skin was the mark of Kaine and so all black people were...

Well, sons and daughters of Kaine.

You forgot the part where they believe that if a black person was morally righteous enough that their skin would turn white...I mean just look Michael Jackson! Do you think it's just a coincidence that he turned into a white man around the same time he started acting like a Catholic priest? emotion_awesome

Eloquent Streaker

Living Daylights
That's not the only requirement to be Christian.
Christian
n.
1. One who professes belief in Jesus as Christ or follows the religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus.
2. One who lives according to the teachings of Jesus.

You will note two separate definitions. It's very much possible to follow the religion, yet not follow all of the teachings of Jesus- if it wasn't, then there wouldn't be a Christian alive who could call themselves a "true Christian".

Quote:
You also have to believe in the word of Jesus as well.
Mormons use the same Bible as every other Christian, and follow it's teachings. If that isn't "believing in the word of Jesus Christ", then I don't know what is.

They don't JUST use the Book of Mormon.

Quote:
Not spread lies about him through a billion dollar mission program.
Truth is in the eye of the beholder. Just because YOU think it's a bunch of lies, doesn't automatically make it such.

Besides, you've got no more proof to support your version of Christianity than they do to support theirs. Their religion is exactly as legitimate as yours.

Aged Lunatic

Living Daylights
GunsmithKitten
Living Daylights
So since Rick Santorum has suspended his campaign, it's safe to assume that Mitt Romney will be going up against Barack Obama. Now this is something I am not a fan of. We have someone who is not a Christian and he has a chance of becoming president of the United States. I was never fond of Santorum, but Rick Santorum was at least a follower of God. Mitt Romney is a Mormon. I don't have an issue with A mormon personally, but this nation is a country that has a Christian majority. So why should this country be ruled by anyone other than a Christian? Do you want this man to introduce Mormon laws?

John F Kennedy had it right; a president's job is to serve the interests of the United States, not to serve the interests of any religion.

Also, you're worried about Mormon laws (whatever those are) being introduced, look towards congress, you know, the LAW MAKING BODY OF GOVERNMENT.

Fer cryin out loud, do they teach kids nothing in civics class?

Kennedy was in bed with the Vatican when he was in office.

Kennedy was in bed with Marilyn Monroe, but not the Vatican.

His speech that Santorum was "sick" at was his at length treatise about how his job is not to be a servant of the United States's interests, not a mouthpiece for the Vatican.

So either you or Santorum was sleeping in Government/History/Civics class.

Aged Lunatic

Living Daylights
Patton
Living Daylights

Well for one, they are missionary happy, they do jot believe in hard drinks like alcohol or Pepsi. There are many things.

Annnnd, you have some kind of evidence that Romeny is seeking to, even assuming he's medically stupid enough to, even try and introduce legislation to criminalize either substance?

Hilarious Regular

5,000 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
What im wondering is whats his stand on religious minority's like Wicca and paganisim and will he try and introduce changes to try and stamp them out or not since he is a member of the morman church?

And if this guy does come into power a lot of mormans follow what there preacher of the church they go to tells them to do so will it be him or really the church that will be in power?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff