Welcome to Gaia! ::

SoViEtTaNkT34
Ammo Amy
Demon Kagerou
The Koreas are destined to rejoin eventually. And their history and geography is such that they will never really merge with Japan or China.

Basically a prolonged Germany incident. Though we should take note of what happened to Germany then, because while it's an idea, it will be much worse.

That said, they would do well with tourism. If for nothing but morbid curiosity.

South Koreans are very aware of what happened when Germany reunited and were/are in the process of joint ventures to help bring the North slowly up to speed in the right way. Unfortunately, other events tend to get in the way.

North Korea has a natural resources, and the South has the technology and industrial base to take advantage of it.

A lot of those policies along with the SunShine policy I thought were taken out due to the now conservative parliament? I know some factories are still in the free economic zones in North Korea.

I know it hit the Hyundai Tourist resort in North Korea because a South Korean tourist died because he/she wondered onto a North Korean military base.

The SunShine policy was derailed when someone started some "Axis of Evil" rant and reneged on the light water reactor deal. The North was insulted and vowed to develop nukes, which they did, and because of that fear, the South elected some very conservative leaders, which then fed into the cycle. The other incidents (the Chonan "attack", tourist incidents, island shelling, etc.) all tend to continue to feed into this cycle, dragging it out longer and making the rhetoric worse. I'm sure North Korea realizes they can't continue on, feeding their population grass and being fear stories, but they want to find a way to resolve it without losing "face".
Ammo Amy
SoViEtTaNkT34
Ammo Amy
Demon Kagerou
The Koreas are destined to rejoin eventually. And their history and geography is such that they will never really merge with Japan or China.

Basically a prolonged Germany incident. Though we should take note of what happened to Germany then, because while it's an idea, it will be much worse.

That said, they would do well with tourism. If for nothing but morbid curiosity.

South Koreans are very aware of what happened when Germany reunited and were/are in the process of joint ventures to help bring the North slowly up to speed in the right way. Unfortunately, other events tend to get in the way.

North Korea has a natural resources, and the South has the technology and industrial base to take advantage of it.

A lot of those policies along with the SunShine policy I thought were taken out due to the now conservative parliament? I know some factories are still in the free economic zones in North Korea.

I know it hit the Hyundai Tourist resort in North Korea because a South Korean tourist died because he/she wondered onto a North Korean military base.

The SunShine policy was derailed when someone started some "Axis of Evil" rant and reneged on the light water reactor deal. The North was insulted and vowed to develop nukes, which they did, and because of that fear, the South elected some very conservative leaders, which then fed into the cycle. The other incidents (the Chonan "attack", tourist incidents, island shelling, etc.) all tend to continue to feed into this cycle, dragging it out longer and making the rhetoric worse. I'm sure North Korea realizes they can't continue on, feeding their population grass and being fear stories, but they want to find a way to resolve it without losing "face".

Agreed.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games