Welcome to Gaia! ::

Old Blue Collar Joe
METALFumasu
Old Blue Collar Joe
Didn't someone say something about not trusting those psychotic ********? As for if Jr is any different? You're aware he executed a general by MORTAR, right?

Execution by mortar? Hmm... Interesting. Insane, but interesting.

In a twisted way, you do have to give him points for originality. I never would have thought of executing someone with a mortar.

Although I guess that's probably a good thing.

There's even been executions by shooting people out of cannons. But if anyone doubts he's as ******** nutty as his oompa loompa size daddy, they don't have to worry about it.
This is the guy that is rumored to have punished people that weren't giref stricken enough about dear old dad turning into worm food.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/01/north-korea-reportedly-punishing-insincere-mourners/

Waste of resources. Why execute by mortar when you have a limited amount of shells/gun powder? The people involved would be sent to force labor camps (and in past practice their families).

What do you do when your political system is in turmoil? Do you sit back or do you make examples to show control? Most governments ...make examples.
SoViEtTaNkT34
Old Blue Collar Joe
METALFumasu
Old Blue Collar Joe
Didn't someone say something about not trusting those psychotic ********? As for if Jr is any different? You're aware he executed a general by MORTAR, right?

In a twisted way, you do have to give him points for originality. I never would have thought of executing someone with a mortar.

There's even been executions by shooting people out of cannons. But if anyone doubts he's as ******** nutty as his oompa loompa size daddy, they don't have to worry about it.
This is the guy that is rumored to have punished people that weren't giref stricken enough about dear old dad turning into worm food.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/01/north-korea-reportedly-punishing-insincere-mourners/

Waste of resources. Why execute by mortar when you have a limited amount of shells/gun powder? The people involved would be sent to force labor camps (and in past practice their families).

What do you do when your political system is in turmoil? Do you sit back or do you make examples to show control? Most governments ...make examples.

No one is claiming this was the act of a sane man. It's a crazed midget.
Old Blue Collar Joe
SoViEtTaNkT34
Old Blue Collar Joe
METALFumasu
Old Blue Collar Joe

No one is claiming this was the act of a sane man. It's a crazed midget.

Not really seeing as he is struggling for political survival in most cases. You cannot expect a person who loves manga, US basketball etc to be in great clout politically. Look at his older brother and his botched Japan Disneyland trip. The Military and the "Party" (Family members) are in a power lock.

In fact the person you want is Kim Jong-il due to the fact he was peacefully phasing out the Shogun Policy. That could be what Kim Jong-Un is doing, but the problem this time is if the military is going to listen and which part of the governments sphere of influence becomes stronger.

Questionable Codger

SoViEtTaNkT34

In fact the person you want is Kim Jong-il due to the fact he was peacefully phasing out the Shogun Policy. That could be what Kim Jong-Un is doing, but the problem this time is if the military is going to listen and which part of the governments sphere of influence becomes stronger.

There is quite the intrigue and power struggle going on between the Kim family, the relatives in various positions, the "trusted" officials, and the military. It's quite the balancing act, and very, very little of it spills outside the black hole of information that is erected around the borders.
Ammo Amy
SoViEtTaNkT34

There is quite the intrigue and power struggle going on between the Kim family, the relatives in various positions, the "trusted" officials, and the military. It's quite the balancing act, and very, very little of it spills outside the black hole of information that is erected around the borders.

Its not just the legitimate relatives but the illegitimate relatives as well which make up those "Trusted" Officials.

This really is one of the biggest shots the NK Party has had in decades at gaining more influence. I hardly believe they are going to pass this up given the recent photos of Kim Jong-Un with his uncle during his father's funeral. The problem of course is that the triangle has always been top heavy....with the Military on top and the Dynasty trying to maintain it and the party...basically like the Augustan senate during the Roman Empire...

Questionable Codger

SoViEtTaNkT34
Ammo Amy
SoViEtTaNkT34

Its not just the legitimate relatives but the illegitimate relatives as well which make up those "Trusted" Officials.

This really is one of the biggest shots the NK Party has had in decades at gaining more influence. I hardly believe they are going to pass this up given the recent photos of Kim Jong-Un with his uncle during his father's funeral. The problem of course is that the triangle has always been top heavy....with the Military on top and the Dynasty trying to maintain it and the party...basically like the Augustan senate during the Roman Empire...

Meanwhile, those to the South take it in, continue with their daily lives, and watch to see what happens next.

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
SoViEtTaNkT34
The problem of course is that the triangle has always been top heavy....with the Military on top and the Dynasty trying to maintain it and the party...basically like the Augustan senate during the Roman Empire...
Tripods never do seem to offer much stability in politics.
Wendigo
SoViEtTaNkT34
The problem of course is that the triangle has always been top heavy....with the Military on top and the Dynasty trying to maintain it and the party...basically like the Augustan senate during the Roman Empire...
Tripods never do seem to offer much stability in politics.

I agree

Questionable Codger

Well, THAT was short-lived.

I suppose this "weather satellite" will now be providing weather information from the bottom of the West (Yellow) Sea about 110km from Gunsan, er space. Just like that other satellite they launched is broadcasting glorious national music from the Marianas trench, er, space.
Ammo Amy
Well, THAT was short-lived.

I suppose this "weather satellite" will now be providing weather information from the bottom of the West (Yellow) Sea about 110km from Gunsan, er space. Just like that other satellite they launched is broadcasting glorious national music from the Marianas trench, er, space.

Video relevant.

You'd think that they would have at least tried to, I dunno, IMPROVE THEIR TECH between this screw up and the one from three years ago?

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Wow, a whole minute and a half.

METAL, you don't seriously like that cheap crap, do you?
Wendigo
Wow, a whole minute and a half.

METAL, you don't seriously like that cheap crap, do you?

Eh.

Its like a broken clock. Most of the time its rather pathetic, but on a rare occasion it actually has something decent to watch.

The only time I watch something like that is when I'm extremely desperate to cure my boredom.

Questionable Codger

METALFumasu

You'd think that they would have at least tried to, I dunno, IMPROVE THEIR TECH between this screw up and the one from three years ago?

China has no desire to help their buffer zone, er ally.

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
They don't have much in the way of resources. Blackouts are common even in the capital, I gather.

It's that whole sanctions thing.
Ammo Amy
METALFumasu

China has no desire to help their buffer zone, er ally.

No, they want South Korea to take over according to Wikileaks which would be a 2 for 1.

1. They don't have to stabilize the North Korean economy any longer nor do they have to deal with the refugee status.

2. South Korea's economy will tank under the pressure which in turn will be beneficial for Chinese tech Companies. (and also Japans)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff