Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tadpole Jackson
Ban
Tadpole Jackson
Ban
N3bu
In other news, on the same day in China, Min Yingjun stabbed 22 children and an elderly woman.
And no reported fatalities. Because knives are not as lethal as guns.

If i were to stab you in the heart, or shoot you in the heart, you'd die.

Lethal is lethal, there are not degrees of lethality.
If you fed me enough bacon, I'd also die a delicious, bacon-filled death; that doesn't make bacon as lethal guns or knives.

Your argument is dumb. Of course there are degrees of lethality. Some things kill you faster. Some things kill you easier. You don't see someone trying to take down big game with a ******** pocket knife, because guns are more effective killing tools. They are more lethal, more capable of causing death, more damaging and destructive to living bodies. Hence, the point about the guy who stabbed a bunch of children in China failed to kill any of them, whereas the guy with the high powered rifle and two handguns killed a bunch.

an AR-15 is not a high powered rifle, and he didn't use it on the children, they found it in his car after the shooting.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The fourth from the left, that's .223, that's what the AR-15 fires. Right next to it on the right is .30-06, a round commonly used to hunt deer.

.30-06 is a full power rifle round, .223 is intermediate, it's only marginally better than the two pistol rounds next to it.

You called it a high powered rifle to make it sound scary, truth is it's one of the *least* powerful rifles you can buy that isn't a .22

Except that it will liquify your insides.
Old Blue Collar Joe
Ban
Tadpole Jackson
5.7 isn't a rifle round, it's a pistol round.
5.7 uses a small rifle primer and is used in the PS90 carbine. This isn't hard.

Tadpole Jackson
.17HMR/HM2 is rimfire.
.17 Hornet is a centerfire

Tadpole Jackson
5.45 is roughly identical to 5.56
Hahahahaha, no. 5.45x39mm produces a lower muzzle velocity, lower energy, and less kick back precisely because it is not identical, roughly or otherwise.

Tadpole Jackson
oh, another thing, if the AR-15 is "an assault rifle with the fire selector "stuck" on semi auto" what is this:

Looks like a semi-auto rifle. Like an old M1 Garand or Browning BAR. Are you trying to make a point?

The 5.7 is a bit of a b*****d round, not truly a rifle round, as it is not designed for long distance shooting, is slower, and designed for close range combat, which is more suited to handgun usage. In fact, after the P90, the FiveSeveN was launched due to the caliber working so well in a pistol configuration.
That, and the P90 is a POS.
Makes more sense to use a Wylde barrel in 5.56 on a carbine than a P90.
And there is no way in hell that rifle is either a Garand or a BAR. Looks more like a .22 Marlin or Savage. It has a synthetic stock, and neither the Garand or BAR had such. And neither even bear a slight resemblance to what was posted.
Except that the 5.7 can pierce military body armor while pistol rounds cannot.
God Emperor Akhenaton
Old Blue Collar Joe
Ban
Tadpole Jackson

Tadpole Jackson
.17HMR/HM2 is rimfire.

Tadpole Jackson
Hahahahaha, no. 5.45x39mm produces a lower muzzle velocity, lower energy, and less kick back precisely because it is not identical, roughly or otherwise.

Tadpole Jackson
oh, another thing, if the AR-15 is "an assault rifle with the fire selector "stuck" on semi auto" what is this:

Looks like a semi-auto rifle. Like an old M1 Garand or Browning BAR. Are you trying to make a point?

The 5.7 is a bit of a b*****d round, not truly a rifle round, as it is not designed for long distance shooting, is slower, and designed for close range combat, which is more suited to handgun usage. In fact, after the P90, the FiveSeveN was launched due to the caliber working so well in a pistol configuration.
That, and the P90 is a POS.
Makes more sense to use a Wylde barrel in 5.56 on a carbine than a P90.
And there is no way in hell that rifle is either a Garand or a BAR. Looks more like a .22 Marlin or Savage. It has a synthetic stock, and neither the Garand or BAR had such. And neither even bear a slight resemblance to what was posted.

Actually depends on the round. The 5.7 is actually designed to stop fairly quickly to stop over penetration and kill people in other rooms.
Ban
Tadpole Jackson

Tadpole Jackson
.17HMR/HM2 is rimfire.

Tadpole Jackson

Tadpole Jackson

The PS90 is a civilianized version of the P90, which is a submachinegun.

I can get a carbine in .357 magnum, doesn't make it a rifle caliber.

It's a remmington semi auto rifle, yes. You don't seem to think it's an assault rifle, yet it's worlds more lethal than the AR-15 and operates the same way.

as for the 5.45/5.56 argument, 5.45 was designed to follow the same ideal as 5.56, whether or not they are actually identical, they have the same design goal and use case.
God Emperor Akhenaton
Tadpole Jackson
Ban
Tadpole Jackson
Ban
N3bu
In other news, on the same day in China, Min Yingjun stabbed 22 children and an elderly woman.
And no reported fatalities. Because knives are not as lethal as guns.

If you fed me enough bacon, I'd also die a delicious, bacon-filled death; that doesn't make bacon as lethal guns or knives.

Your argument is dumb. Of course there are degrees of lethality. Some things kill you faster. Some things kill you easier. You don't see someone trying to take down big game with a ******** pocket knife, because guns are more effective killing tools. They are more lethal, more capable of causing death, more damaging and destructive to living bodies. Hence, the point about the guy who stabbed a bunch of children in China failed to kill any of them, whereas the guy with the high powered rifle and two handguns killed a bunch.

an AR-15 is not a high powered rifle, and he didn't use it on the children, they found it in his car after the shooting.

The fourth from the left, that's .223, that's what the AR-15 fires. Right next to it on the right is .30-06, a round commonly used to hunt deer.

.30-06 is a full power rifle round, .223 is intermediate, it's only marginally better than the two pistol rounds next to it.

You called it a high powered rifle to make it sound scary, truth is it's one of the *least* powerful rifles you can buy that isn't a .22

except it won't and doesn't.
God Emperor Akhenaton

actually, i've got a tokarev pistol, fires 7.62x25. This caliber, out of a pistol, will penetrate class three soft body armor.
Tadpole Jackson
God Emperor Akhenaton
Tadpole Jackson
Ban
Tadpole Jackson

20% gelatin is the density of human tissue. That kind of cavitation is fatal.
Tadpole Jackson
God Emperor Akhenaton

actually, i've got a tokarev pistol, fires 7.62x25. This caliber, out of a pistol, will penetrate class three soft body armor.
So can a +P .45, but it is nowhere near as good at it as the 5.7
God Emperor Akhenaton
Tadpole Jackson
God Emperor Akhenaton

That's a matter of personal opinion. I like the 5.7 in pistol variant, I can't stand a P90, as it is a POS weapon.
For that, I'll go with the 5.56 Wylde carbine frame in AR-15.
Old Blue Collar Joe
God Emperor Akhenaton
Tadpole Jackson
God Emperor Akhenaton

That's a matter of personal opinion. I like the 5.7 in pistol variant, I can't stand a P90, as it is a POS weapon.

I don't see why it is a POS, but I can't see why you hate Glock either, so I'll drop it. Each round has its advantages and disadvantages, but if we look at AP, the 5.7 knock everything in the pistol realm out of the water.
God Emperor Akhenaton
Tadpole Jackson
God Emperor Akhenaton
Tadpole Jackson
Ban
Tadpole Jackson

20% gelatin is the density of human tissue. That kind of cavitation is fatal.

you mean, except for the hundreds of thousands of people who have survived being shot by such calibers.
God Emperor Akhenaton
Tadpole Jackson
God Emperor Akhenaton

the x25 is actually better, because it's bigger and still has the same penetration.

you just previously argued that pistol rounds can't penetrate body armor, then said +p .45 can.

I don't know if it can or not, but you just contradicted yourself.
Tadpole Jackson
God Emperor Akhenaton
Tadpole Jackson
God Emperor Akhenaton

the x25 is actually better, because it's bigger and still has the same penetration.

you just previously argued that pistol rounds can't penetrate body armor, then said +p .45 can.

Depends on the round and other variables. A +P is designed for armor piercing. Since the 9x19 is the standard round for militaries, they need it to go through armor. However even with the best of those rounds, they cannot compete with the 5.7
God Emperor Akhenaton
Old Blue Collar Joe
God Emperor Akhenaton
Tadpole Jackson
God Emperor Akhenaton

I don't see why it is a POS, but I can't see why you hate Glock either, so I'll drop it. Each round has its advantages and disadvantages, but if we look at AP, the 5.7 knock everything in the pistol realm out of the water.

The 5.7 is a good round in handgun. The P90 magazine design is two steps north of retarded.

Glock leg. There's a reason they named it after the firearm. It has a habit of doing that more than any other firearm.
God Emperor Akhenaton
Tadpole Jackson
God Emperor Akhenaton
Tadpole Jackson
God Emperor Akhenaton

Depends on the round and other variables. A +P is designed for armor piercing. Since the 9x19 is the standard round for militaries, they need it to go through armor. However even with the best of those rounds, they cannot compete with the 5.7

+p is not designed to be armor piercing, it's just a higher pressure round.

You can't expect me to believe you when 1) i know you to be incorrect and 2) you don't even know what you're talking about.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff